Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Win32/Heur. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Win32/Heur. [SOLVED] Empty Win32/Heur. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jan 2016, 02:47

Hi,
Help I decided to go back to Sims 3 and while the file for the 1.67 patch was transferring to my computer via the Mega link, my antivirus (AVG) picked up about 10 Win32/Heur droppers. What are they?  Help

(I googled it but I still don't understand. Please explain in English/layman terms).

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Win32/Heur. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Win32/Heur. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 09 Jan 2016, 03:00

kitty10136 wrote:Hi,
Help I decided to go back to Sims 3 and while the file for the 1.67 patch was transferring to my computer via the Mega link, my antivirus (AVG) picked up about 10 Win32/Heur droppers. What are they?  Help

(I googled it but I still don't understand. Please explain in English/layman terms).

Thanks.

//MOVED

Hello again,

Both the actual 1.67 patch as well as the "Ultimate fix" for the 1.67 patch are safe to use. And the reason you are getting these errors can be due to the nature of how modern No-CD files work. Many of them need to emulate the behavior of game clients like Steam or Origin.

Keep in mind that game publishers (especially EA) also follow Games4theworld and similar sites, and therefore are aware of these No-CD files (for better or worse). And these game publishers end up paying anti-virus firms to detect harmless No-CD files as "virusses".

Either way, and as I initially mentioned, these things are safe to use. As a pesonal remark, AVG anti-virus is pretty much the worst program there is out there. It doesn't give you control of anything, and it detects all pirated files as virusses. You should get rid of this program, but that's up to you. Good luck !

Last edited by Carlos on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 16:05; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jan 2016, 14:26

Thanks a lot. I was really worried. What anti-virus software do you recommend?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 09 Jan 2016, 16:04

kitty10136 wrote:Thanks a lot. I was really worried. What anti-virus software do you recommend?

Hello again,

Personally, I would suggest either "avast Internet Security" (if you can't get hold of a pirated serial number that hasn't been blacklisted yet, the "free" version of the program should do just as fine).

Or also "Kaspersky Internet Security" too. 

About both programs, I wrote guides on how to configure exclusions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

This is about The Sims 4, but you can apply to that to any program. Either way, anti-virus problems with The Sims 3 are VERY rare, and they occur mostly with The Sims 4. You should indeed uninstall AVG and re-boot the computer after that.

Then re-install a new anti-virus if you like. Good luck again ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 03:11

Thank you very much. You can close this thread if you like, I downloaded the manual patch using the other link (not the Mega link) and got no probems. Thanks again. I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:18

kitty10136 wrote:Thank you very much. You can close this thread if you like, I downloaded the manual patch using the other link (not the Mega link) and got no probems. Thanks again. I tip my fedora.

Sure thing, and remember again: you don't need "professional" or "business" versions of anti-virus software. Most cracks and pirated serial numbers for these versions get blacklisted very quickly. The "free" versions of anti-virus programs should do as well.

Feel free to get back to us anytime again. Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top