Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Working to not Working?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: Working to not Working? Empty The Sims 3: Working to not Working?

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 03:08

Help  Help  Help 

Hello,

Ok, first of all both the base game and expansion pack of Supernatural I got from you guys. I had some issues before but those were fixed. I am currently at my wits end. I DO NOT want to lose my game again. I updated to version 1.67 via the Sims 3 launcher and now my game won't work. I've already applied the Manual patch and the Ultimate fix. It says: "Please insert The Sims 3 Supernatural game disc before proceeding.". What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,

SarahT3hPixie

Update:

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the base game and expansion pack thinking that it might have been the fact that I updated via the Launcher and not the Manual fix. However, just updating to 1.67 via the Manual fix yields the same result.

Last edited by SarahT3hPixie on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 05:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Working to not Working? Empty Re: The Sims 3: Working to not Working?

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 15:00

SarahT3hPixie wrote:
"I updated to version 1.67 via the Sims 3 launcher and now my game won't work. I've already applied the Manual patch and the Ultimate fix. It says: "Please insert The Sims 3 Supernatural game disc before proceeding.". What am I doing wrong?"

If you're getting this error just follow these easy steps:

After extracting the Ultimate Fix, you will get a folder for those expansions after & including Generations with a .exe & .dll file, copy those 2 files and paste them in "C:\Program Files or Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Supernatural\Game\Bin" [This is the default directory where it will be installed]. After that re-load The Sims 3 Launcher and press the Play button and it should work just fine.. Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Working to not Working? Empty Re: The Sims 3: Working to not Working?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 16:29

SarahT3hPixie wrote:Help  Help  Help 

Hello,

Ok, first of all both the base game and expansion pack of Supernatural I got from you guys. I had some issues before but those were fixed. I am currently at my wits end. I DO NOT want to lose my game again. I updated to version 1.67 via the Sims 3 launcher and now my game won't work. I've already applied the Manual patch and the Ultimate fix. It says: "Please insert The Sims 3 Supernatural game disc before proceeding.". What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,

SarahT3hPixie

Update:

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the base game and expansion pack thinking that it might have been the fact that I updated via the Launcher and not the Manual fix. However, just updating to 1.67 via the Manual fix yields the same result.

//MOVED

Hello,

You do NOT need anything inside the Ultimate fix.RAR, besides the sub-folder named #crack. Wink  If you really do the steps from #2 to #4 here correctly, you shouldn't encounter the issue:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

After applying the manual patch (step #2), you just take the two contents of the #crack sub-folder (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll), and copy + paste them into your base game location. Usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And you need to REPLACE the two existing files there.

The reason I am suggesting this method, in contrast to the "method" inside the .pdf of the Ultimate fix, is solely due to simplicity...especially for beginners the .pdf of the Ultimate fix might be confusing. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 16:46

Carlos wrote:
SarahT3hPixie wrote:Help  Help  Help 

Hello,

Thank you in advance,

SarahT3hPixie

Update:

//MOVED

Hello,

You do NOT need anything inside the Ultimate fix.RAR, besides the sub-folder named #crack. Wink  If you really do the steps from #2 to #4 here correctly, you shouldn't encounter the issue:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

After applying the manual patch (step #2), you just take the two contents of the #crack sub-folder (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll), and copy + paste them into your base game location. Usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And you need to REPLACE the two existing files there.

The reason I am suggesting this method, in contrast to the "method" inside the .pdf of the Ultimate fix, is solely due to simplicity...especially for beginners the .pdf of the Ultimate fix might be confusing. Good luck !

The method you suggested is incorrect.. the #crack folder is for the base game, the error is asking for: "Please insert The Sims 3 Supernatural game disc before proceeding." The crack is found in the folder: "All other expansion packs including generations." and both the .exe and .dll files in that folder need to go where Supernatural is installed [ C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Supernatural\Game\Bin ] just add those 2 files in that folder you will not need to replace anything otherwise it will not work. I know this because it happened to me while helping someone else and the error popped up and that's what I did to got it sorted.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 16:53

Metjuw wrote:
The method you suggested is incorrect.. the #crack folder is for the base game, the error is asking for: "Please insert The Sims 3 Supernatural game disc before proceeding." The crack is found in the folder: "All other expansion packs including generations." and both the .exe and .dll files in that folder need to go where Supernatural is installed [ C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Supernatural\Game\Bin ] just add those 2 files in that folder you will not need to replace anything otherwise it will not work. I know this because it happened to me while helping someone else and the error popped up and that's what I did to got it sorted.

Uhm...no it isn't ? If you install at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks from "Generations" onwards, you can take the two files from the #crack sub-folder, and copy + paste them into your base game location, replacing the existing files.

Please refer to this guide here:

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 16:56

Carlos wrote:
Metjuw wrote:

Uhm...no it isn't ? If you install at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks from "Generations" onwards, you can take the two files from the #crack sub-folder, and copy + paste them into your base game location, replacing the existing files.

Please refer to this guide here:

Well I didn't do that since the folder: "All other expansion packs including generations" is quite straight forward and since Supernatural came out after Generations, I would have used the files in that folder which in my case was a different expansion pack and it worked out just fine.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:02

Metjuw wrote:
Well I didn't do that since the folder: "All other expansion packs including generations" is quite straight forward and since Supernatural came out after Generations, I would have used the files in that folder which in my case was a different expansion pack and it worked out just fine.. Smile

Yes, if you closely followed the method inside the .pdf, then it should work too. But the way you chose was the "longer and more complicated" way. In fact, from a practical point of view, it's only necessary to follow the .pdf if you want to use the launcher for updating the game (for whatever reason). You need to put in all the files from those other folders in, to avoid any error messages in the launcher.

Again, these .pdf instructions are highly unpractical, and there is lots of room for error, especially if you're new to that. If you simply run the manual patch first, then you don't have to worry about any of these problems.

So run the manual patch first, then use the two files inside the #crack, and off you go.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Aug 2014, 22:17

Well, I followed the directions closely and still messed it up so I choose not to try and update the game. The pop up from the launcher is annoying but I'd rather not restart again and again. Thanks anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Aug 2014, 01:11

SarahT3hPixie wrote:Well, I followed the directions closely and still messed it up so I choose not to try and update the game. The pop up from the launcher is annoying but I'd rather not restart again and again. Thanks anyway.

Did you do exactly what I pointed out ? Namely those "steps from #2 to #4" in that must-read guide ? 

Are you familiar with "TeamViewer" ? The Sims 3: Working to not Working? Icon_smile  Please read up on the information here, under "Live Screen Service":

http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

I would like to see to that myself, if you agree on that TeamViewer thing. If you see me on the forum#s chatbox, log into it, and we'll see further.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top