Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims have stopped aging

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims have stopped aging  Empty Sims have stopped aging

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 01:28

Help 
I recently started a new game in Appaloosa Plains. Created a household and went through the usual stuff, no problem. Sims were aging normally until I made a teen age up with the cake then the problems started. Now none of my sims age naturally with aging turned on and can't age up with the cake either. The only way to age them is to use the cheat, which works fine. Also each time I load they game they seem to age one day. Tried clearing caches, using backup saved game, turning aging off, restarting then turning it on again. Restoring aging to default. Everything worked fine with the previous game. 

Running the sims on 64-bit Windows 7 

Any help is appreciated

Back to top Go down

Sims have stopped aging  Empty Re: Sims have stopped aging

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Aug 2014, 04:57

Chelley wrote:Help 
I recently started a new game in Appaloosa Plains. Created a household and went through the usual stuff, no problem. Sims were aging normally until I made a teen age up with the cake then the problems started. Now none of my sims age naturally with aging turned on and can't age up with the cake either. The only way to age them is to use the cheat, which works fine. Also each time I load they game they seem to age one day. Tried clearing caches, using backup saved game, turning aging off, restarting then turning it on again. Restoring aging to default. Everything worked fine with the previous game. 

Running the sims on 64-bit Windows 7 

Any help is appreciated

Hello,

First, you need to know (or be aware of) that the game is still highly glitchy, and EA probably isn't going to fix these issues with a new patch, since they're fully focussed on The Sims 4 already.

That said, in your case, the most feasible thing would have been (?) to try NOT to save the game after you aged the sim up with the cake, and after you saw that problem. And then, not use that cake at all. 

There are numerous aging-glitches, but most of them seem to be related to that "age freeze potion"...the next best thing you can do is to check whether your mods have an influence on that glitch (if you have mods). You may even try removing some mods, to see if that makes any difference, as to that glitch.

Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:07

Hi Carlos, 

Unfortunately the problem didn't start until after I saved the game--the next time I opened the game. Also, I don't have any mods. All I can do is wait and see what happens then. I might just start a new game and see if I have the same problem. 

Thanks for the response.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:19

Chelley wrote:Hi Carlos, 

Unfortunately the problem didn't start until after I saved the game--the next time I opened the game. Also, I don't have any mods. All I can do is wait and see what happens then. I might just start a new game and see if I have the same problem. 

Thanks for the response.

OK, I see. In that case you can't just exit the game without saving. Sad 

Personally, I play with (female Razz ) young adult sims, and I have turned off the aging completely. Whether you want to play in this particular "way", is up to you, but as for me, I haven't encountered any aging issues, as of now.

Right after you noticed the glitch, have you tried loading the savegame with the .backup folder-ending ? Go to your savegame location My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. And move the folder with the name of your save OUT somewhere. Next, rename the folder that has the ending .backup, so that it looks like the folder that you moved out at first (i.e. remove the .backup ending in the folder's name !).

Note that this will probably only work RIGHT AFTER you notice any kind of glitch, so you shouldn't save the game another (second) time. This method with restoring a backup save, will (normally ?) revert your game to the prior savepoint. But it may not always work though... Shocked 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:46

That's actually the first thing I tried and it did not work.   Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Aug 2014, 10:11

Chelley wrote:That's actually the first thing I tried and it did not work.   Crying or Very sad

Hello again,

I'm so sorry for the late reply, but I just didn't have enough time recently to get back to ANY posts on here. Sad

About the issue, there might be another possible thing we could try.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

Download the tool from Lady ElDi's opening post there. The latest version of that savecleaner will already show you all available savefiles; you don't have to navigate anymore, like in older versions. Anyhow, after the download, double-click on the Save_Cleaner.exe and then in the next window, choose your save, and mark it by left-clicking on it. If you have several savefiles, you might need to scroll down a bit. It should be straightforward though...you will have a picture (or not) on the left part of the savecleaner UI, and below it says "Save name:...."

After you clicked on your save, click on the button named "clean". Wait a little while until you get some sort of "success"-message. Then you're good to re-start the game !

Notes:

1) make a BACKUP of your saves, before applying the procedure ! Just go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and copy the folder "Saves". Then PASTE the folder somewhere. This copied folder will be your backup in case anything goes wrong.

2) You need to have .NET framework 4.0 or later installed to make this work properly. If you're unsure about that, check Windows updates; it should show up there too. Or just google for that ".NET framework".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top