Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods wont work on Sims 3!!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods wont work on Sims 3!!! [SOLVED] Empty Mods wont work on Sims 3!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2011, 23:20

Hi!!!

I have a problem with my sims 3...The Mods wont work on it...I reacentlly downloaded the Weapon-Mod...but the game is still as before...there are no weapons. Can You Guys help me pleas?

Thanks for helping me!!!

Thomas!

//EDIT

Hm...now I have a new problem...when I copy the Resource.cfg file into the game directory...the game crashes...so I must reinstall the game...perhaps the game is not for moding...I don't know!!!

Thanks for helping me!!!

Thomas!

Admin edit: Next time please stick to your original topic and don't create more than one, because you already have an open topic about Mod problems. Thank you.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Mods wont work on Sims 3!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods wont work on Sims 3!!! [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 19 Aug 2011, 00:53

Hello,
I think you're copying the files to the wrong directory. I'm using a bunch of mods that require the resource file myself.
What you need to do is this: go to C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Create a folder and call it Mods. Your resource file goes in that folder. But that's not it yet, within that same Mods folder, create a new folder called Packages.
Now if you download user created mods (package files) place them inside the C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims\Mods\Packages folder that you just created. Try it with
this mod first.
Start your game. If the intro is skipped and your game starts with the loadingscreen from your latest expansion (which would be Town Life Stuff if you have that) you know you did it right.
I'm using the no intro mod myself, as well as housecleaning for everyone mod and Nraas Storyprogression mod. All of these work with the Mods&Packages folders I described and have never given me any problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Mods wont work on Sims 3!!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods wont work on Sims 3!!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 15:28

Thanks!

It works now! Thank You very much:)

Thanks For Helping Me!!!

Thomas!

//EDIT

Hey!!!

Isn't there a mod for unlocking to pick up unknown babys ore toddlers? I killed a family and they had a little toddler. But I didn't know his family well enough to pick him up, 'cause I wanted to cary him home and adopt him. I tried to find one on modthesims but...I didn't find it:(...the toddler is not dead yet and is still crying in front of his house. I thought that he would be taken by the state but...I'm still waiting after 2 days and he is not dying...and I also can't kill him...I can't see him anymore crying there:(...In short time I must start a new game and delete this one....if I can't save this little toddler...

Thanks for helping me!!!

Thomas!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 19 Aug 2011, 18:46

Hello,
I don't think babies or toddlers will die. I did find a cheatcode that may be of use to you. Here it is:
Hit: ctrl alt c. type: testingcheatsenabled true. invite anybody from the neighborhood u like(or dislike) shift click on that sim and 'add to family'.
I'm not sure it will work on Sims that aren't on your home lot though, but its worth a try.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 21:40

How can I invite my neighborhood to my Home?

Thanks for Helping me!!!

Thomas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Aug 2011, 22:07

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I don't think babies or toddlers will die. I did find a cheatcode that may be of use to you. Here it is:
Hit: ctrl alt c. type: testingcheatsenabled true. invite anybody from the neighborhood u like(or dislike) shift click on that sim and 'add to family'.
I'm not sure it will work on Sims that aren't on your home lot though, but its worth a try.
Hello,

No, it works wherever you are! Hammertime

//EDIT

It's "Add to active family", if I'm correct.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 22:14

But I think I must know his family well and Him...isn't it?

Thanks for helping me!!!

Thomas!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 19 Aug 2011, 22:56

I don't think so if you're using a cheatcode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 23:00

Ok...so I must search for this cheat code...I'll tell You later if I succeded!!!

Thanks for helping me!!!

Thomas!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 19 Aug 2011, 23:04

Just open the console with ctrl-shift-c and type testingcheatsenabled true and you should be able to shift-click this toddler.
It says ctrl-alt-c in my previous post, which is a copied piece of text from a website, but I'm pretty sure its ctrl-shift-c.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Aug 2011, 23:10

Lady ElDi wrote:Just open the console with ctrl-shift-c and type testingcheatsenabled true and you should be able to shift-click this toddler.
It says ctrl-alt-c in my previous post, which is a copied piece of text from a website, but I'm pretty sure its ctrl-shift-c.
Hello,

Yes, it's [LCTRL]+[LSHIFT]+[C]. ;-)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 23:30

Thanks Guys...we did it again...I have this toddler in my family now:)...thank you very much...One more question...how much Mods dose this game support?

Thanks for helping me!!!

Thomas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Aug 2011, 00:58

nightwish20102011 wrote:Thanks Guys...we did it again...I have this toddler in my family now:)...thank you very much...One more question...how much Mods dose this game support?

Thanks for helping me!!!

Thomas!
Hello,

You're welcome, mate.
Well, you can use as many Mods as you like, but note that some Mods might let your game crash and/or let other problems occur. So don't add too much Mods at a time. Add them one by one, to see if they don't cause any interference with your game(play).
All the Games4theworld Store Updates have been tested with the game and are safe to use: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8uy4gu2y8jqt
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 20 Aug 2011, 09:24

Hello,
I'm using mods. I've reinstalled my game with all G4TW releases a few weeks ago with the intention to test mods.
There aren't a whole lot of mods out there that really interest me though, but the ones I mentioned in this post are safe to use and really add something extra to the game, in my opinion.
I think its safe to say that you could use all mods from Nraas without incidence. With other mods, its a matter of trying things out. Add one, play for a day, see if it gives you any issues.
And always make sure your mods are compatible with your game version so you'll have to start using a new release once an expansion or patch comes out (assuming you'll upgrade).
Last but not least, always back up your save games before trying something new.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 14:22

Yes.

Its true, the mods from Nraas work perfectly on my game, most of the mods I use are from there and they work, but I tried to add other mods and I really added a lot of mods from modthesims and I guess froms sims3forum but they caused a crash to the game so I deleted them from the package folder an left only the Nraas mods and they work perfectly. Now I wanna try them one by one and see wich one causes crashes to my Sims 3 game.

Thanks for helping Me!!!

Thomas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Aug 2011, 18:30

nightwish20102011 wrote:Yes.

Its true, the mods from Nraas work perfectly on my game, most of the mods I use are from there and they work, but I tried to add other mods and I really added a lot of mods from modthesims and I guess froms sims3forum but they caused a crash to the game so I deleted them from the package folder an left only the Nraas mods and they work perfectly. Now I wanna try them one by one and see wich one causes crashes to my Sims 3 game.

Thanks for helping Me!!!

Thomas!
Hello,

You're welcome. Please let us know if you have any more problems! For now, I guess, problem solved!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top