Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing paid expansion over pirated

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing paid expansion over pirated Empty Installing paid expansion over pirated

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 01:53

Hello there,

I believe I had done this in the past but since then I have actually purchased most of the expansions. My questions is this (due to not wanting to have to install cracks etc)

- Is it possible to install paid base game from origin, then two or three pirated expansions/stuff packs then install the remaining three expansions I purchased off of origin and just have it run fine without having to install any cracks etc? My gut feeling is that it would since it's always the last expansion that the launcher plays when starting the game... 

Any input would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Installing paid expansion over pirated Empty Re: Installing paid expansion over pirated

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 01:59

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Yes, it's possible to mix paid expansion packs (and base game) with pirated ones. The thing is: if you download even just one pirated one, you have to apply a crack. So no, it wouldn't run if you don't apply it. This is because the game doesn't play the last expansion pack, it plays all of the ones you have installed. That's how expansion packs work, I'm sorry to say.

So, no, it isn't possible to play with a pirated expansion pack without applying a crack. Even if it's just one, you have to apply it for it to work. But why don't you want to apply cracks? There's nothing you need to install, it's just two files that you need to overwrite in the Program Files folder. Wink

Back to top Go down

Installing paid expansion over pirated Empty Re: Installing paid expansion over pirated

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 02:02

Thank you for the quick reply,

So I just installed sims 3 base from origin, I am going to install all my paid expansions now and then once everything is working and updated, I can torrent world adventures, generations, seasons, into the future and then apply a crack and run since its already up to date? Or do I need to apply a crack every step of the way?

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 02:09

Akrapovic wrote:Thank you for the quick reply,

So I just installed sims 3 base from origin, I am going to install all my paid expansions now and then once everything is working and updated, I can torrent world adventures, generations, seasons, into the future and then apply a crack and run since its already up to date? Or do I need to apply a crack every step of the way?

Thank you in advance.

You're very welcome. Smile

Yes, you only need to apply a crack after all of the expansion packs are installed. After you're done installing all of your paid EPs, please take a look at this guide:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

What you need to do is install the rest of the EPs (World Adventures, Generations, Seasons and Into the Future).
Then, apply the Manual Patch, as even if your game is updated it's best to do this so we can make sure that you don't get any errors (this Manual Patch isn't a crack by the way, it's an official tool from EA to update the game to the last version).
Finally, download the Ultimate Fix and take the two files inside of the #Crack folder and copy them to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, selecting "Copy and Replace" when prompted. This only needs to be done once: after you installed all of the expansion packs you want. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 27 Oct 2014, 06:36

SeoY wrote:Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Yes, it's possible to mix paid expansion packs (and base game) with pirated ones. The thing is: if you download even just one pirated one, you have to apply a crack. So no, it wouldn't run if you don't apply it. This is because the game doesn't play the last expansion pack, it plays all of the ones you have installed. That's how expansion packs work, I'm sorry to say.

So, no, it isn't possible to play with a pirated expansion pack without applying a crack. Even if it's just one, you have to apply it for it to work. But why don't you want to apply cracks? There's nothing you need to install, it's just two files that you need to overwrite in the Program Files folder. Wink
Actually, SeoY, if you paid for the newest expansion you are using you don't need a crack, since the game only checks for the latest one. I have original Seasons and, when it was the latest/newest, I would run it from Origin without the need of cracks or a Virtual DVD...

Original and pirate mix quite well on The Sims 3. Of course, if the latest/newest expansion/pack is pirate, the crack or virtual disk image will be needed to run the game Smile
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 15:29

SvenT wrote:Actually, SeoY, if you paid for the newest expansion you are using you don't need a crack, since the game only checks for the latest one. I have original Seasons and, when it was the latest/newest, I would run it from Origin without the need of cracks or a Virtual DVD...

Original and pirate mix quite well on The Sims 3. Of course, if the latest/newest expansion/pack is pirate, the crack or virtual disk image will be needed to run the game Smile

Wow, really? That's news to me. What a major oversight from EA and Maxis. Not that I'm complaining. Wink

It seems that applying the crack is the case for Akrapovic, as Into the Future will be installed from the torrent anyway. But that's good to know! Thanks, Sven!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:01

SeoY wrote:
SvenT wrote:Actually, SeoY, if you paid for the newest expansion you are using you don't need a crack, since the game only checks for the latest one. I have original Seasons and, when it was the latest/newest, I would run it from Origin without the need of cracks or a Virtual DVD...

Wow, really? That's news to me. What a major oversight from EA and Maxis. Not that I'm complaining. Wink

It seems that applying the crack is the case for Akrapovic, as Into the Future will be installed from the torrent anyway. But that's good to know! Thanks, Sven!
You're welcome! I agree with you, but I thought it would be nice to share this information in case anybody is wondering Cool
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top