Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to install TS3 Generations due an empty TS3 BG folder!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to install TS3 Generations due an empty TS3 BG folder! Empty Unable to install TS3 Generations due an empty TS3 BG folder!

Post by Guest Sun 21 Aug 2011, 20:02

Dear fellow gamers,

I have a serious problem here. It concerns installing your TS3-Generations I downloaded.
When copying the crack to the original base game folder I discovered it was totally empty (except 1 file: d3dx9_31.dll).
When looking on the forum, i see screens of full base game bins from other fellow gamers, got me kinda worried.

I actually did buy all Sims 3 so far digitally via EA-online, but after paying 120-150$ I'm treating myself on a freebee.
Worked all fine, installed everything correctly, only no TS3-BG bin folder, or at least an empty one.
When I do try to copy the crack to this folder it copies just fine, but since it's empty it has 0 effect and wont start.
Note that I already tried to uninstall the expansion again and TS3 worked again just fine, with all it's expansions.
Also tried to search for the original files the crack are supposed to replace, not findable on my computer.
After that I tried to unhide all hidden files, also had 0 result, where the hell are my base game files? Surprised

Question 1: Why the hell is this bin empty?
Question2: How do I fix this, since my whole game is down now, waiting for generations to work or to be uninstalled.

Thank you so much for helping me out,
Illuminatri.

//EDIT

Solution: For everybody who's working with digitally purchased EA copies!

Dear fellow gamers,

solved it myself, the files are empty simply because they were installed in a different folder.
All files can be retrieved and found in the 'Origin' folders in program files, where all digitally purchased games get their files logged.
Was a interesting monologue, since it solved my problem!

Note: I just bought the game digitally, as well as the other expansions. Mix & dine (bought + downl.) doesn't work to well with these expansion games.
Was far more easy to pop the creditcard out, then to start fixing and keep on fixing an expansion for a game where I paid 150$ for in total.

Enjoyed many many maaaany other G4TW games, thank you guys to keep on doing this.

Sincerely,
Illuminatri.

Back to top Go down

Unable to install TS3 Generations due an empty TS3 BG folder! Empty Re: Unable to install TS3 Generations due an empty TS3 BG folder!

Post by Admin Sun 21 Aug 2011, 23:06

Illuminatri wrote:Dear fellow gamers,

I have a serious problem here. It concerns installing your TS3-Generations I downloaded.
When copying the crack to the original base game folder I discovered it was totally empty (except 1 file: d3dx9_31.dll).
When looking on the forum, i see screens of full base game bins from other fellow gamers, got me kinda worried.

I actually did buy all Sims 3 so far digitally via EA-online, but after paying 120-150$ I'm treating myself on a freebee.
Worked all fine, installed everything correctly, only no TS3-BG bin folder, or at least an empty one.
When I do try to copy the crack to this folder it copies just fine, but since it's empty it has 0 effect and wont start.
Note that I already tried to uninstall the expansion again and TS3 worked again just fine, with all it's expansions.
Also tried to search for the original files the crack are supposed to replace, not findable on my computer.
After that I tried to unhide all hidden files, also had 0 result, where the hell are my base game files? Surprised

Question 1: Why the hell is this bin empty?
Question2: How do I fix this, since my whole game is down now, waiting for generations to work or to be uninstalled.

Thank you so much for helping me out,
Illuminatri.

//EDIT

Solution: For everybody who's working with digitally purchased EA copies!

Dear fellow gamers,

solved it myself, the files are empty simply because they were installed in a different folder.
All files can be retrieved and found in the 'Origin' folders in program files, where all digitally purchased games get their files logged.
Was a interesting monologue, since it solved my problem!

Note: I just bought the game digitally, as well as the other expansions. Mix & dine (bought + downl.) doesn't work to well with these expansion games.
Was far more easy to pop the creditcard out, then to start fixing and keep on fixing an expansion for a game where I paid 150$ for in total.

Enjoyed many many maaaany other G4TW games, thank you guys to keep on doing this.

Sincerely,
Illuminatri.
Hello,

I'm glad you were able to "fix" the problem yourself.
Anyhow, it was not necessary to actually buy the expansions, really, because you just needed to change the folder where you copied the crack to, that's really it.
Because the crack goes into the base game's Game\Bin, which'll be in (in your case): C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\(...)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Ah well, if you have any more problems, please let us know!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male