Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"One or more of The Sims online services is currently offline" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"One or more of The Sims online services is currently offline" [SOLVED] Empty "One or more of The Sims online services is currently offline" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:03

I have read through all of thread regarding the Community Gallery errors. I have Origin, and I made a new account.
I leave Origin running the background as well as the website its self, logged in. I have also tried it without the website. 
I've tried restarting the computer. 
My username does come up however everytime I try to connect this message comes up "One or more of The Sims online services is offline." I'm hoping it is a easy fix. I also do have Origin in my C: drive, and my game is added to my Origin games list. As well as that I have tried running both Origin and the game as Admin.

Back to top Go down

"One or more of The Sims online services is currently offline" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "One or more of The Sims online services is currently offline" [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Dec 2014, 20:07

k.b.67 wrote:I have read through all of thread regarding the Community Gallery errors. I have Origin, and I made a new account.
I leave Origin running the background as well as the website its self, logged in. I have also tried it without the website. 
I've tried restarting the computer. 
My username does come up however everytime I try to connect this message comes up "One or more of The Sims online services is offline." I'm hoping it is a easy fix. I also do have Origin in my C: drive, and my game is added to my Origin games list. As well as that I have tried running both Origin and the game as Admin.

Hello and welcome,

Can you try re-connecting to the gallery at a later point ? Also, do you have the Sims 4 CAS demo in your Origin library ? If not, download + install it. And then try the gallery again. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"One or more of The Sims online services is currently offline" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "One or more of The Sims online services is currently offline" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 23:19

I have not. I will try it, and see if it will works. Thanks.

//EDIT

So, I download CAS Demo through Origin, and it is in the Origin Games folder. Still will not connect. It came up with the same message. I tried pasting a copy of the Demo's folder in the Origin folder. Still nothing.
By the way, I had waited a night, and tried again. Still nothing.

//EDIT

Bit of a update: 
I ran the Demo of the game, and the Gallery will connect, but will not for the actually game. I tried putting the application of the game in my Firewall's "Allow games to communicate..." list. Still nothing.

//EDIT

Re-Update (again)
So, I did figure it out. 
For others who may be having this problem, I am not entirely sure if it is just Norton, but, check to see if Norton has allowed internet connections to The Sims 4 application. You can do this by going into Norton, into Setting and to Firewall, you then go into Program Control. If the game is not on the list click "add", and add the game. It should work.
I had a feeling it was Norton because the Demo would work. So if your Demo will connect but, not the full game, then is is probably your anti-viral ware.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 04:28

k.b.67 wrote:[...]
So, I did figure it out. 
For others who may be having this problem, I am not entirely sure if it is just Norton, but, check to see if Norton has allowed internet connections to The Sims 4 application. You can do this by going into Norton, into Setting and to Firewall, you then go into Program Control. If the game is not on the list click "add", and add the game. It should work.
I had a feeling it was Norton because the Demo would work. So if your Demo will connect but, not the full game, then is is probably your anti-viral ware.

Hi there! Smile

Please, keep in mind that all of the updates should be added to a single post, instead of posting multiple times in a row. I've merged all of them into one.

Glad that your issue is solved! Thanks for letting us know the solution. Yes, usually that kind of errors with the Gallery are caused by the game being blocked by a Firewall, whether is the Windows Firewall or one that comes with an antivirus. Adding a rule allowing communications should fix it.

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top