Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Empty First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 15:17

First topic message reminder :

Hi all!

The first Expansion Pack for The Sims 4 was announced recently. It is called...
First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Ts4_ep01_logo
Here is the official announcement trailer:

And an article with a rundown of the Features known as of right now:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/

According to the announcement, it will be released in April, 2015. Here are some of the most important features:

• It's a combination of The Sims 3: Ambitions and The Sims 2: Open for Business.
  • Three 'new' careers added: Medical, Detective and Scientist careers. All of these will work as in The Sims 3: Ambitions, you will be able to follow your Sim to work and complete certain objectives.
  • The ability to create and manage your own Business, as in The Sims 2: Open for Business.
  • Two new Skills: Photography and Baking. Possible return of Portraits with the Photography Skill.
  • Aliens will make a comeback. Possibly related to a Dimensional Portal you can create during the Scientist Career.

Here are some screenshots and more information, taken from Carl's Sims website:

Medical Career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Doctor-hospital

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Doctor-sick-patient

• Will work out of the new Hospital Venue.
  • Deliver Sim Babies as a Doctor.
  • Operate and help sick patients with the multi-functional Surgery Table Object.

Detective Career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Detective-career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Crime-scene-expansion

• Will work out of the new Police Station Venue
  • Sims will get to track clues and piece them together to solve crimes
  • Interrogate suspects, and even do the good cop/bad cop routinee to get the information you need for the case

Scientist Career

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Scientist-career-invention

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Aliens-portal

• Will work out of the Science Lab
  • Experiment and craft new Inventions
  • The Invention Constructor will be like a mix of a 3D Printer and Jarvis from Iron Man
  • Create gizmos that may be used for good, or to wreak havoc!

'Open for Business'

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Open-for-business

• Customize through build mode and make any type of business you like, from an art gallery, clothing boutique, or bookstore. You can sell nearly anything!
  • Hire and Fire Employees
  • Synergizes well with crafting Skills like Painting, Handiness' Woodworking, and the new Skills in the Get to Work EP

Photography Skill

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Photography-skill

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Photography-skill2

• Capture Pictures of anything in-game
  • Sell Photographs and improve your Sim's Skill level to get more options

Baking

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Baking-skill-expansion

• Bake and Decorate food for customers in your Business
  • Can sell the food to earn money if you like, and even operate a Bakery!

Back to top Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Empty Re: First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:12

give the fact that at least 80% or more of the base game is missing..they better be giving us the stuff that makes up the game for free. I dont mind buying expansions, but not if it adds very little, or the fact it should by now be part of the game...for example something as simple as seasons, which adds a ton of different scenarios you can create for your sims.

Back to top Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Empty Re: First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:14

Some more gameplay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:20

lol the expansion should have been in the base game, because the base game i do not see a game at all, all i see is barren boring old crap...with nothing. thats sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 22:04

So they released the trailer for retail (the only career I'm interested in):

and it reminds my of Sims 2 Open for Business with the perks system. It also seems that we are going to have basements again. Personally I'd like to see dishwashers and trash compactors because it takes sooooo much time for my Sims to wash the dishes after they eat, especially before they head out to school/work. I'm not so much interested in toddlers (I like the change from baby to child).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 01:46

will this be added to the downloads page or will it be added in with a patch? just curious since the outdoor retreat was in a patch vs bein on the downloads page

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Mar 2015, 02:49

shalese08 wrote:will this be added to the downloads page or will it be added in with a patch? just curious since the outdoor retreat was in a patch vs bein on the downloads page

Hello,

That will mainly depend on how EA is going to implement the expansion. If an "installer" is needed (like in the base game of TS4), then I guess we'll have go the same way.

But I find that the option with a combined update + expansion is the easiest solution, for all of us. Smile  So we will go for that, if possible. And of course: there will be torrents for all future Ultimate fixes in TS4 too, alongside the regular MEGA-links.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 01:04

Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack will be Released on March 31, 2015! 

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 11046910

Yesss! I'm so excited, But I need to wait for the G4TW's release! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 15:26

I per Oder mine can wait to play it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 01:10

thank god we are able to make meshes to these dumb assed cartoon characters lol.
Make them a lot more human looking.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:14

sylvantos wrote:thank god we are able to make meshes to these dumb assed cartoon characters lol.
Make them a lot more human looking.

Well, that's up to everybody's taste I guess. As for me, I'm having enough already of "human-looking" beings from real-life, every day. Very Happy  Not sure if I myself would need things like that in a video game, though the possibility to be able to do so is still nice. I think that if you change too much about the game, then it will cease to be The Sims, and just become a (bad ?) clone of something else ("Second life", or whatever that was called, for example).

//EDIT

Sure, TS4 looks "cartoonish", but on the other hand, I myself wouldn't want to change that much about it. Maybe a good bodyskin and/or faceskin like in TS3, which adds improvement over some "aspects" of the sim's appearance is OK for me, but certainly not more. If I wanted more, I'd play this Second Life or something similar.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 23:11

The thing is though, you can tell this sims 4 was clearly either a rushed job, or they simply did not care about what their sims look like. For me, and this is only my own thing. They have gone backwards from the sims 3 from simr meshes and the way the sims look. The sims is supposed to be playing with real life objectives in a game world, and for me those sims should look like people, rather then caricatures of what they should be. Maybe Maxis are just really lazy, or under funded..which you can see in the diabolical sim city 2013, which i bought along with its expansion..and the amount of people who where rightly criticized jumped ship. That is not important here, just what each one of us expects as a minimum, i guess there really is no right or wrong..but if your going to make a sims game which is supposed to be based on real life stuff, they should have done a lot better with their sims Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 23:43

Um I dont reccomend updating I saw some simmers(cc creators) that been having trouble with their stuff after updating WhatDidUJustCallMe? Here's a note: This is what she posted after she found that prob, Tumblr cc creator I hope Im not doing anything wrong ._. Another earlier post of hers oh yeah if any1 uses sims4studio it's not working well since the update. Updates sucks I guess

Last edited by kupocygirl on Thu 26 Mar 2015, 23:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New link added.)

Back to top Go down

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Empty Topic.

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2015, 10:31

kupocygirl wrote:Um I dont reccomend updating I saw some simmers(cc creators) that been having trouble with their stuff after updating WhatDidUJustCallMe? Here's a note: This is what she posted after she found that prob, Tumblr cc creator I hope Im not doing anything wrong ._. Another earlier post of hers oh yeah if any1 uses sims4studio it's not working well since the update. Updates sucks I guess

This is tumblr one of the marginalized places on the web, for good reason, it's as about as reliable as a bag with holes in, i would take absolutely no notice from anything from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Mar 2015, 14:48

sylvantos wrote:
kupocygirl wrote:Um I dont reccomend updating I saw some simmers(cc creators) that been having trouble with their stuff after updating WhatDidUJustCallMe? Here's a note: This is what she posted after she found that prob, Tumblr cc creator I hope Im not doing anything wrong ._. Another earlier post of hers oh yeah if any1 uses sims4studio it's not working well since the update. Updates sucks I guess

This is tumblr one of the marginalized places on the web, for good reason, it's as about as reliable as a bag with holes in, i would take absolutely no notice from anything from there.

Hello again,

I split the posts and merged them to this one here. If you wish to discuss about in-depth issues, please do so in the "TS4 chit-chat" section (either in an existing thread or just open a new thread). Smile

That said, I (indeed) don't see why the type of "information channel" - in this case tumblr - should play a role with regard to the quality of the content. Whether it's on Facebook, Twitter, a forum, a regular website or anything else, the mere form of the information distribution channel should not affect the information itself. At least not in a significant way. I get that some people prefer certain channels over others because of issues like the layout or such. But that doesn't have to mean that the content is always bad. 

Out of fairness and indeed, the (subjective) impression of frequent "low-quality" content on the web, is - I think - also due to the ease of access of modern internet and "social media". Everybody can now easily make a FB/Twitter/Instagram/Google+/Tumblr or whatever account, or even host a forum or website for free (or very little money). Moreover, with the rise and increased use of smartphones, everybody can now access those social media platforms from nearly everywhere. People are not "bound" anymore by stationary computers.

In the end, it becomes more and more obvious that the internet is just a mirror of real-life society: you cannot expect to find 'reliable' information everywhere. But that is of course off-topic. Nevertheless: the distribution channel is not the problem, in my eyes. Of course though, feel free to explain (in rational terms) why tumblr is supposed to be like a "bag with holes". Maybe I'm indeed overlooking or underestimating something. Smile 

@kupocygirl, my guess is that EA may have changed something about the code or the in-game models/meshes, making existing CC items unusable. But we'll have to see until the update is out (for pirates like us Very Happy ). 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Mar 2015, 20:12

@Carlos ah ok. And @sylvantos I happen to have one under this name too; you don't know squat about tumblr then. Because there's crap people but there's also good people. And that cc creator is a good person otherwise I wouldn't be following her. I even know how she looks like(although I don't think it's a good idea posting selfies.) Seriously ignorance is bliss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 17:11

The Sims 4: Get To Work is Now Released (on my Orgin Account)
Take a look of it: (It's not Pre Order now, It's add to cart now!) 

First Expansion Pack announced. The Sims 4: Get to Work - Page 2 Screen11

But I will wait G4TW's Release, I hope so They Could release this, This April! The Sims 4 is Released on Sept 2, 2014, and they took a whole month to release it. Sad I hope they could release it just in 2 weeks. Aww! Sad It's summer here in the Philippines, And I want to spend the whole 2 months playing this! Sad But I hope so, They Could release this in 2 weeks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 31 Mar 2015, 02:42

Keyenpeydee wrote:(...) The Sims 4 is Released on Sept 2, 2014, and they took a whole month to release it. Sad 

Please note that in most cases we do not "crack" games and stuff ourselves, hence we usually repack stuff that other people made. 

Also, you cannot expect anybody to crack something in just a matter of days, so we all need to be patient. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:20

Carlos wrote:
Keyenpeydee wrote:(...) The Sims 4 is Released on Sept 2, 2014, and they took a whole month to release it. Sad 

Please note that in most cases we do not "crack" games and stuff ourselves, hence we usually repack stuff that other people made. 

Also, you cannot expect anybody to crack something in just a matter of days, so we all need to be patient. Smile 

Ooooh, Yes I will be (ofcourse be) patient, i just got to Excited.... Sorry 'bout that! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top