Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's Empty Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 10:39

Hi.

i know a lot of people tried to fix this problem about the new patch before.
i also have this problem, but i don't care about leaving origin open all the time.

the dlc's just don't appear in my game,
when i try to play the game without origin, it crashes to that error Origin is currently not running.

i have followed EVERY SINGLE STEP from the ultimate fix's instructions at least 5 times,
and got nothing.
(i've installed the RELOADED release with the ultimate fix)

how can i make the DLC's appear in my game?
thanks for answers.  Heeeeeey, Macarena

Back to top Go down

Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's Empty Re: Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 14:09

Hi there, @Raccgamer135, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

For the DLC of the game to appear, then Origin needs to be closed. That is the only requirement.

Now, what antivirus do you have? Is this the first time you install the game, or did you have a different version installed before? Did you make sure to configure the Exceptions List of your antivirus correctly?

Take a look at this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-error-fix

Read it very carefully and follow the instructions. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's Empty Re: Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 16:46

Hi again.

i've installed the game at least 50 times from the date it was released, so it's not the first and i know what i'm doing.

the game works perfectly, but only when origin is open.
i can't play the game without opening origin, because of this: 

Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's New_bi11

my antivirus has an exception for the WHOLE game folder, so it works great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 17:47

Raccgamer135 wrote:Hi again.

i've installed the game at least 50 times from the date it was released, so it's not the first and i know what i'm doing.

I see. In that amount of times you have installed the game, did you install the 3DM version before installing the RELOADED/G4TW one? And if you did have the 3DM version before, did you make sure to make a complete uninstall of that one? Sometimes mixing both types of cracks may lead to this problem. Take a look in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin to see if you have any 3DM related files inside (launcher/3dmOrigin or something of the sort).

Was this also happening with the Ultimate Fix before the latest one? Or did it just started happening with the last?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 20:53

SeoY wrote:
Raccgamer135 wrote:Hi again.

I see. In that amount of times you have installed the game, did you install the 3DM version before installing the RELOADED/G4TW one? And if you did have the 3DM version before, did you make sure to make a complete uninstall of that one? Sometimes mixing both types of cracks may lead to this problem. Take a look in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin to see if you have any 3DM related files inside (launcher/3dmOrigin or something of the sort).

Was this also happening with the Ultimate Fix before the latest one? Or did it just started happening with the last?

No. i have never used the 3dm version, and after every uninstall i clean EVERY leftover from any of EA's stuff (even from registery!) and rebooting, so that my PC will be clean. i'm not sure what i'm about to do now, but i've downloaded the non-dlc ultimate fix from here and all is fine. guess i'll just wait for another update from reloaded that might fix this.

(the only versions i've ever used are skidrow and the reloaded version, but i've removed the skidrow completely when the reloaded came out.)

i have used the ultimate fix twice and followed EVERY SINGLE step from the instructions. still, cant play without origin.

//EDIT

Oh, i forgot to mention that my antivirus is Bitdefender 2015, and i have made exception for the game there, so it's not the problem.  Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Feb 2015, 13:35

Raccgamer135 wrote:Oh, i forgot to mention that my antivirus is Bitdefender 2015, and i have made exception for the game there, so it's not the problem.  Unable to start the game without origin - for DLC's Icon_smile

Please do not post multiple times in a row. If you want to add something to your original message, please click on the "edit", button on your post, which will allow you to edit the post.

As for the issue, I don't know how BitDefender works, hence I can't tell whether it's the problem. But what I can tell you is that it is possible to get the game working. I'm using it myself with no issues, and so can most other people. Unfortunately, some people encounter these issues, and...I guess that somewhere most of the did something wrong.

In your case, add the download folder for your internet browser downloads to the "exclusions" too (= the location where the stuff you download via Chrome/Firefox gets saved). Then re-download and re-apply the Ultimate fix.

Should you still encounter issues, try un-installing BitDefender, and repeat: re-download + re-apply the fix. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top