Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashing Empty Sims 3 Crashing

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 20:41

Hi all, 

I've done some searching throughout this forum and have gone through the crashing checklist to no avail. A lot of people have had this problem, but none who have my specific specs as related to the problem, so I wanted to post and ask for any kind of solution. My game is crashing during saving mostly, but also after around 2 hours of gameplay. I have done all of the recommended things related to low memory crashes (LAA, DEP, windowed mode, etc.) and none have helped. Upon analyzing the crash logs, it seems like my virtual memory is low every time the game crashes. I have set my virtual memory to well above 4096Mb, in an effort to minimize the crashing, but it does not seem to be working. Is there anything more that I can do to stop this crashing? I have a computer that well exceeds all of the minimum specs, yet I cannot play more than 2 hours in my legacy family. Please help!

Crash Logs:

DXDiag:

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashing Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashing

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Mar 2015, 00:59

simscience wrote:Hi all, 

I've done some searching throughout this forum and have gone through the crashing checklist to no avail. A lot of people have had this problem, but none who have my specific specs as related to the problem, so I wanted to post and ask for any kind of solution. My game is crashing during saving mostly, but also after around 2 hours of gameplay. I have done all of the recommended things related to low memory crashes (LAA, DEP, windowed mode, etc.) and none have helped. Upon analyzing the crash logs, it seems like my virtual memory is low every time the game crashes. I have set my virtual memory to well above 4096Mb, in an effort to minimize the crashing, but it does not seem to be working. Is there anything more that I can do to stop this crashing? I have a computer that well exceeds all of the minimum specs, yet I cannot play more than 2 hours in my legacy family. Please help!

Crash Logs:

DXDiag:

Thanks again!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Save your sim(s) into the bin, in edit-town mode. Then make a new savegame (in a new town, if you like), and put your sim(s) from the bin there. Then play on and see if anything improves. 

Don't delete the old save yet though; just see if moving your sim(s) into a new save works better. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top