Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant Get Rid Of Origin "This one is really tricky"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant Get Rid Of Origin "This one is really tricky" Empty Cant Get Rid Of Origin "This one is really tricky"

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 08:59

Okay so i have  g4tw sims 4 game, also ultimate fix downloaded and get to work downloaded and a separate crack downloaded. 

Assuming i have installed the game fresh with no origin no past sims game while using cc cleaner to remove old registries also by deleting saved game folder in documents and deleting old folder in program files after uninstalling 

Avg firewall turned off and disabled every possible location added to exception list
so with the firewall
windows defender disabled 
nothing else there to stop the connection 
already tried the post which shows how to get rid of the startup error
No Luck 
visited and tried possibly ever single thread related to this issue 

If i install the stock game i get error ending with 0077 which means origin isnt in same directory. i tried different option like copying ultimate fix then gtw dlc and then crack in different combinations which didn't work but brought up a different error saying origin is not running.

so to break things down i will try simplifying my several installs

THE ONLY WAY STANDARD GAME RUNS IS 
I have to install origin and have it running in the background

When i apply ultimate fix to it and start the game without origin it changes it error to origin not running in background 
(also got the same error without having origin installed and registries removed)

it wont work so after applying ultimate fix and having origin running 
the game works fine but i don't get the dlc or anything related OTHER THAN swimming pools. 
No outdoors and holiday pack etc

So after all this and fresh re install 

i copy and paste the files from get to work in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
nothing seems to change get the same error

so running origin seem to make the game work but then i don't get any dlc packs but it rather shows me the option when i goto filter clothes and goto packs it displays outdoor and get to work dlc and says its not installed.

Its my 6th straight hour trying to find a solution today nothing seems to be working at all

I would Really Appreciate any help or solution 

This one is really tricky  All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Cant Get Rid Of Origin "This one is really tricky" Empty Re: Cant Get Rid Of Origin "This one is really tricky"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:52

demonvemon wrote:Okay so i have  g4tw sims 4 game, also ultimate fix downloaded and get to work downloaded and a separate crack downloaded. 

Assuming i have installed the game fresh with no origin no past sims game while using cc cleaner to remove old registries also by deleting saved game folder in documents and deleting old folder in program files after uninstalling 

Avg firewall turned off and disabled every possible location added to exception list
so with the firewall
windows defender disabled 
nothing else there to stop the connection 
already tried the post which shows how to get rid of the startup error
No Luck 
visited and tried possibly ever single thread related to this issue 

If i install the stock game i get error ending with 0077 which means origin isnt in same directory. i tried different option like copying ultimate fix then gtw dlc and then crack in different combinations which didn't work but brought up a different error saying origin is not running.

so to break things down i will try simplifying my several installs

THE ONLY WAY STANDARD GAME RUNS IS 
I have to install origin and have it running in the background

When i apply ultimate fix to it and start the game without origin it changes it error to origin not running in background 
(also got the same error without having origin installed and registries removed)

it wont work so after applying ultimate fix and having origin running 
the game works fine but i don't get the dlc or anything related OTHER THAN swimming pools. 
No outdoors and holiday pack etc

So after all this and fresh re install 

i copy and paste the files from get to work in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
nothing seems to change get the same error

so running origin seem to make the game work but then i don't get any dlc packs but it rather shows me the option when i goto filter clothes and goto packs it displays outdoor and get to work dlc and says its not installed.

Its my 6th straight hour trying to find a solution today nothing seems to be working at all

I would Really Appreciate any help or solution 

This one is really tricky  All Hail Carlos!

//MOVED

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Well, you would be surprised if I told you that literally everybody who I helped via TeamViewer so far has claimed to "have read and also understood" the guide that I wrote, about the "unable to start"-error. And I managed to fix the error in almost all cases, which I guess will amount to about 98% of all.

That said, I can get the game just working fine on BOTH of my own systems (one with Windows 7 and the other with Windows 8 ). So can most people on here (some needed TeamViewer help though). 

In the end, it IS possible to overcome the error. Those cases that did not work often involved users which had a total disarray of various overlapping/conflicting "security"-software. Also, check if there is any pre-installed firewall on your computer, besides the built-in Windows one.

That's all I can say, and I'm sorry if that doesn't help you.

P.S. before you ask: no, it is not possible for me to get back to all individual users on here via TeamViewer, since those sessions are extremely time-consuming. Which means that my decision to "do TeamViewer" on users here is pretty much random. Sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

P.P.S. AVG is a crappy program. Try un-installing it, and then re-boot the computer. And after the re-boot, try re-installing the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top