Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED] Empty Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 18:43

I used G4TW for all my sims 3 stuff but for my sims 4 base game I couldn't find you guys on the pirate bay so I downloaded a different version (I think with RG Mechanics) which basically means I don't have the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ folder. I have a folder in My documents and my downloads (I have included links to screenshots of both folders at the bottom).

Basically is there anyway I can still use your Get to Work expansion with this base game, if so, how? If I can't and my best option is to download your sims 4 base game do you have any advice on how I could not lose the saves I have already. Basically I don't mind switching to your base game because you guys are awesome but I really don't want to lose my the sims families I've been playing with.

Hope this makes sense, would really appreciate your help.

doctordelilah
xx

https://i.servimg.com/u/f19/19/19/03/16/sims4d14.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f19/19/19/03/16/sims4d15.jpg

Back to top Go down

Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 23:02

If you don't mind downloading G4TW version you could copy out your 'saves' folder which I'm pretty sure is in 'my documents' you could also copy out your cc if you have any 

Not sure about combining thee two different versions though as I haven't tried it.

Back to top Go down

Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 01:31

Thanks, downloading base game now, I'll let you know how it turns out. Very Happy 
Fingers crossed  Oh my...
Thanks again
doctordelilah
xx

//EDIT

CordlessBlur wrote:If you don't mind downloading G4TW version you could copy out your 'saves' folder which I'm pretty sure is in 'my documents' you could also copy out your cc if you have any 

Not sure about combining thee two different versions though as I haven't tried it.

Okay, I've downloaded the G4TW base game but the installation guide is telling me to completely delete any other version of the sims 4 before installing, can I store my saves somewhere else, delete the RG Mechanic version and install the G4TW version and then just slip them into my saves folder or will that not work at all?

I know I'm being super cautious but if I lose the families I've been working on I'm gonna take a long walk off a short pier.

Any advice you have would really be appreciated Smile

Thank you
doctordelilah
xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 11:53

doctordelilah wrote:
CordlessBlur wrote:If you don't mind downloading G4TW version you could copy out your 'saves' folder which I'm pretty sure is in 'my documents' you could also copy out your cc if you have any 

Okay, I've downloaded the G4TW base game but the installation guide is telling me to completely delete any other version of the sims 4 before installing, can I store my saves somewhere else, delete the RG Mechanic version and install the G4TW version and then just slip them into my saves folder or will that not work at all?

I know I'm being super cautious but if I lose the families I've been working on I'm gonna take a long walk off a short pier.

Any advice you have would really be appreciated Smile

Thank you
doctordelilah
xx

You should only have to take out your saves folder from the RG version and store it on your desktop or anywhere else, then after you delete and install the G4TW version you just put the folder back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 03:53

Took some fiddling about with the save files but finally done it, thanks so much for your help CordlessBlur  Dedicated to Carlos I tip my fedora.

doctordelilah
xxx

Help Needed with Sims 4 Get To Work expansion. [SOLVED] Thanks10

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! Smile 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top