Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's No One in my Neighborhood. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There's No One in my Neighborhood. [SOLVED] Empty There's No One in my Neighborhood. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 00:15

I'm in the middle of playing a challenge, and yes it has to do with legacies but before you ask, yes, there are plenty of townies showing up in manage households, and Willow Creeks homes are filled with these townies (every lot has someone living on it and there are even townies that aren't assigned to the lot). Everything was fine until about an hour ago. There's no one walking around the neighborhood anymore and if I invite someone over, it says they'll be right over, but they never show.

So I spent some time searching for an answer, and only came up with one on a forum
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/no-sims-walking-around-my-neighbourhood/m-p/4215278#M27370

The suggested solution to no one walking around in the neighborhood was "
Did you check in manage households if there are any households there ? Do people live in houses ?

Are you using mods in your game ?"

Apparently this worked for the guy before, but not me. Like I said, I have households in manage households and people living on every lot in Willow Creek. I don't think this is a culling issue because I've been paying close attention to my households- deleting ones that I find useless, so it's not like I read the solution offered on ea; quickly made some alterations in my game and it still won't work. I was already monitoring townie households before this issue began. Any suggestions or cures?

Back to top Go down

There's No One in my Neighborhood. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There's No One in my Neighborhood. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Jun 2015, 01:53

omega86 wrote:I'm in the middle of playing a challenge, and yes it has to do with legacies but before you ask, yes, there are plenty of townies showing up in manage households, and Willow Creeks homes are filled with these townies (every lot has someone living on it and there are even townies that aren't assigned to the lot). Everything was fine until about an hour ago. There's no one walking around the neighborhood anymore and if I invite someone over, it says they'll be right over, but they never show.

So I spent some time searching for an answer, and only came up with one on a forum
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/no-sims-walking-around-my-neighbourhood/m-p/4215278#M27370

The suggested solution to no one walking around in the neighborhood was "
Did you check in manage households if there are any households there ? Do people live in houses ?

Are you using mods in your game ?"

Apparently this worked for the guy before, but not me. Like I said, I have households in manage households and people living on every lot in Willow Creek. I don't think this is a culling issue because I've been paying close attention to my households- deleting ones that I find useless, so it's not like I read the solution offered on ea; quickly made some alterations in my game and it still won't work. I was already monitoring townie households before this issue began. Any suggestions or cures?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Actually, I myself don't see that many other sims "on the streets" either, but yes, they still show up for me. What happens if you travel to a community lot, like the library or the gym ?

As a last ditch effort, you can delete the file localthumbcache.package, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. Then re-start the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

There's No One in my Neighborhood. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There's No One in my Neighborhood. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 02:51

I tried that, it took a very long time to load and then it was vacant (a gym). I actually have a new issue now. After trying numerous different ways, I actually decided to try to play as a brand new household in the same world. It took a long time to load, but when it came up, there were people in the lot. However, when I tried to go back to my original game household, it never loaded. I waited for about ten minutes, and then just killed the game through task manager-tried to start again, it wouldn't even go to the main screen. I restarted it and the same thing.

I'm going to try what you suggested, and if that doesn't work, I'll probably reinstall the game and see where it goes from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Jun 2015, 03:11

omega86 wrote:I tried that, it took a very long time to load and then it was vacant (a gym). I actually have a new issue now. After trying numerous different ways, I actually decided to try to play as a brand new household in the same world. It took a long time to load, but when it came up, there were people in the lot. However, when I tried to go back to my original game household, it never loaded. I waited for about ten minutes, and then just killed the game through task manager-tried to start again, it wouldn't even go to the main screen. I restarted it and the same thing.

I'm going to try what you suggested, and if that doesn't work, I'll probably reinstall the game and see where it goes from there.

Also try restoring an earlier version of that savegame that seemingly has no inhabitants on the streets anymore. See step #2 of the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 06:01

It worked (so far at least), I renamed the last save, and then applied the fix to "user data was saved with a newer version" prompt, and it's working again, and there are people walking around the lot again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jun 2015, 03:29

omega86 wrote:It worked (so far at least), I renamed the last save, and then applied the fix to "user data was saved with a newer version" prompt, and it's working again, and there are people walking around the lot again.

I'm surprised myself that the fix with restoring earlier savegames actually works wonders pretty often. Have fun with the game, and feel free to open a new thread anytime again. Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top