Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing files error with Ultimate Fix and Get to Work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing files error with Ultimate Fix and Get to Work. [SOLVED] Empty Missing files error with Ultimate Fix and Get to Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 14:18

Hi there,

I just installed the Sims 4 on my Macbook with the help of a wine skin. The game installs and runs perfectly.

However, I now tried to install the Get to Work expansion pack and the Ultimate Fix to my game, but either of those give me the error: "Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game. [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:0000000]"

I know little people here are familiar with Mac or Wine, but since this error only appears when copying the files over to the folder, and the game works fine on its own, I feel like it is a problem that doesn't relate to this factor. Also, I don't run any anti-virus in the wine skin.

Could somebody help me figuring this out? Smile

Thanks!

EDIT:
Just to make sure, I don't run any Mods or CC in my game (yet).

Mod edit: moved to "Mac support".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Missing files error with Ultimate Fix and Get to Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Missing files error with Ultimate Fix and Get to Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 02:22

This problem is most likely due to the installation order, causing the game not to be able to read certain files that you have. Did you install GTW THEN the ultimate fix? I've encountered this problem before, and did a reinstall from The Sims 4 -> GTW -> Ultimate Fix and it worked fine.

If you install manually, it could be some files are missing from the DLC. You could try to run a GTW setup, which will install the files at the right place for you.

Back to top Go down

Missing files error with Ultimate Fix and Get to Work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Missing files error with Ultimate Fix and Get to Work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 13:10

wataru2 wrote:This problem is most likely due to the installation order, causing the game not to be able to read certain files that you have. Did you install GTW THEN the ultimate fix? I've encountered this problem before, and did a reinstall from The Sims 4 -> GTW -> Ultimate Fix and it worked fine.

If you install manually, it could be some files are missing from the DLC. You could try to run a GTW setup, which will install the files at the right place for you.

Thanks for your reply!
I found out what I did wrong! I copied all the folders within the Ultimate Fix and GTW, but this replaced the original folders, which still had crucial files in there. However this process is quite tedious (especially when more EP's and Fixes start to release) so I am interested in the GTW setup you mentioned, what exactly do you mean by that?

I also tried two separate wrappers in where I changed the order of copying: first the Ultimate Fix files, or first the GTW files. I noticed that the wrapper in where I did the Ultimate Fix last doesn't run GTW, I think I might have replaced some GTW files in this process? Or maybe I just messed up the wrapper in some way!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Jul 2015, 13:20

Nynke_B wrote:I noticed that the wrapper in where I did the Ultimate Fix last doesn't run GTW, (...)

That is because the Ultimate fix by itself does not contain the files from the "Get to Work"-expansion. As the previous poster correctly said, you indeed need to add the files from "Get to Work" at FIRST, and then you need to add the files from the latest Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 13:29

Carlos wrote:
Nynke_B wrote:I noticed that the wrapper in where I did the Ultimate Fix last doesn't run GTW, (...)

That is because the Ultimate fix by itself does not contain the files from the "Get to Work"-expansion. As the previous poster correctly said, you indeed need to add the files from "Get to Work" at FIRST, and then you need to add the files from the latest Ultimate fix.

For me it worked better the other way around, but I might have mixed up something, or made a mistake in the wrapper where I used Get to Work first.
Nevertheless, I was able to figure it out so I am happy with that! Carlos is tha man!!! I hope it might be helpful to anyone else who is having the same problem as me!

Oh, and I am still interested in the 'Get to Work setup'! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Jul 2015, 09:26

Nynke_B wrote:
For me it worked better the other way around, 

Sure, the "other way round" is possible too, in that you simply apply the files from "Get to Work", and then again (!!!) the files from the latest Ultimate fix. But still, you have made an unnecessary step (in the beginning). Smile 

Also, about thie thing with "replacing crucial files" (thanks for the solution you sent me, btw !)...the only explanation I have is that you may have accidentally deleted some files, or maybe it's a specialty about WINE. But if you simply paste the Ultimate fix files to the TS4 install folder, and just choose "replace existing files", or whatever the wording in Mac for that is, then this process should NOT delete any unwanted files.

Simply copying, pasting and replacing existing files is definitely not a problem for Windows users, but alright, I would need to ask @Phoebe to have a look at that, next time she shows up here.  Very Happy

As your problem seems solved now, I will close the thread. Feel free to PM me if you want it unlocked again because of a follow-up issue.

Until then, have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top