Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has merging my CC stopped my game from working?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has merging my CC stopped my game from working? Empty Has merging my CC stopped my game from working?

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jul 2015, 20:45

I'm posting this issue on multiple websites because I'm literally completely stuck on what I can do and nobody seems to reply fast enough Sad
So last night I decided that since I have like 3000+ CC in my Sims 3 game, I would condense them into individual .package files with S3PE. I read on the Sims 3 Forum a post that walked you through the steps that you have to take - I done those steps. Everything was condensed down (everything I was allowed to condense anyway), and I just re-added those files to my Packages folder in my Documents. 

So usually my game starts up fine. This time around, after condensing my CC files, it won t load. I click play on the launcher, it launches the game, but it doesn t actually *load* as such. It just stays on the initial loading screen (where it says Sims 3 Into The Future with the green loading bar at the bottom) with my cursor whirring around like its loading. But it just doesn t load - I left it for around 25 minutes to see if it would eventually load but it never did so I had to force close it, and even if it did load, I feel like a 25 minute start up time is far too long considering it was only taking a matter of minutes yesterday. 

What do you think the issue could be? I didn t see the point in explaining my laptop spec because the game was fine before the files were changed so I know it isn't my laptop but it's something that I have done to the game files. 

I also backed my CC up before merging any files, and I removed the merged files from my Packages folder and then added in the original files - still won't load.

I'd be seriously grateful for any help I can get - I've got 3 years worth of CC on here that I really don't want to have to redownload!

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I've got all expansion packs and most of the stuff packs (all but Ambitions and the base game are torrented, I bought those two as a pack on Origin).

EDIT 2:
Okay so I actually ended up removing my entire 'mods' folder in a hope to save my game, and the game itself loaded up totally fine and pretty damn fast too! What confused me was that I still had some CC in it (like my hairs, clothing and some makeup too) but there were no mods (such as nraas' overwatch, saver, story progression and master controller) and also none of my CC skins or contacts that I downloaded. The only reason I can think of for this is that maybe somehow, when I was merging my CC (not including skins, mods or anything that I was not allowed to!!!) that the rest actually did stay in the game somehow??? I don't know but what I do know is that the stuff I didn't merge was the stuff that didn't show up in the game once it had loaded. I did briefly take a sim into CAS to check the skins and stuff but I didn't check if the clothes and hairs had completely stayed

EDIT 3: 
Okkkkk so I just wanted to check that I hadn't corrupted my Mods folder and I had to redownload the NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles files because for some strange reason, they have completely vanished from my laptop. I added them to my Packages folder, started my game and voila: they worked! I was surprised, but it actually helped me to realise that clearly it's my CC that is broken or something.

Last edited by murphamy on Thu 16 Jul 2015, 21:22; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot some info)

Back to top Go down

Has merging my CC stopped my game from working? Empty Re: Has merging my CC stopped my game from working?

Post by Sim Architect Fri 17 Jul 2015, 00:26

Hi there! Maybe you could try CC Magic to see if there's a problem with your CC...

Not sure how it's going to act considering you merged the stuff, but maybe you could try running CC Magic with your CC BEFORE being merged, so it shows you possible conflicts, then you remove whatever you should not have, THEN you merge the "new" stuff collection again into new package files using that tool you're telling us you're using (I had never used it, sorry).

I wish you all the luck, please let us know if you found a way to make it work, so we can learn from your experience.

Have a lovely evening!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Has merging my CC stopped my game from working? Empty Re: Has merging my CC stopped my game from working?

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 19:56

Try a systematic approach; instead of creating a couple of large package files create several smaller ones. Add them to the game one at a time, starting the game after each addition. Eventually you will add one and the game will not load, the issue is either in that last file itself or in an incompatibility between it and a previously loaded package. To narrow that down, remove all but that last file and see if the game loads; if it doesn't the problem is in that package; if it does load, the problem is an interaction with another package, add those back one at a time til the game refuses to load, then you know where to look for the issue. When the game will load all the smaller packages you can *probably* (nothing is certain with computers) merge them all together.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Jul 2015, 20:04

Despite all the good advice here, let me tell you something @murphamy: keep in mind that there will almost always be problems with third-party (fan-made) CC items, as opposed to the official store items from EA.

Which is why I myself only add small batches of third-party CC to my game, at a time. And not tons at once: it would only ask for problems. Wink 

//EDIT

Or better: don't use so many third-party items, but that is up to you in the end.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top