Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SIMS 3 - CRASHING?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE SIMS 3 - CRASHING? Empty THE SIMS 3 - CRASHING?

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015, 19:16

Hello,

Every time I try to open The Sims 3 via the launcher or any other way, it crashes. A loading bar appears and it says something like 'sims 3 has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution'. The game was working perfectly fine before this. I have the late night and pets expansion packs installed but those were working ok yesterday. 
Are there any solutions for this?

In addition to this, I've now decided to uninstall all of my sims games/expansion packs to see if this resolves my initial issue (as explained above) 
I've got another quick question regarding the expansion packs I'm downloading. 
I plan on downloading the following expansion packs - 

Late night, Generations, Seasons, and university life.

This might seem like a stupid question but will these conflict with each other once I've downloaded/installed them all individually? Do I need to just install them one by one and they'll all work ok? Or do I need to do something specific to ensure they all work?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Last edited by W0lv3rin3 on Tue 21 Jul 2015, 17:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Information.)

Back to top Go down

THE SIMS 3 - CRASHING? Empty Re: THE SIMS 3 - CRASHING?

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2015, 19:21

Did you get any mods or made any changes whatsoever prior to the crashing issue?

You're free to install any and all expansion packs you want, there won't be any conflict.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2015, 19:51

I downloaded and installed literally 3 things, a couple of clothing items from a custom content website, I'm not sure if it was one of those causing the problem or not but even after removing those, the game wouldn't open. I is confused 

Thanks for your reply. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 16:31

After removing any content you should also delete the five cache.package files in the documents....\sims3 folder. They will be reconstructed when you next start the game.

As for the "sims 3 has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution", this is a system message usually indicating the program has attempted something windows did not like. Often, with a program that has been working fine, just restarting windows will clear the problem. Also check your windows error logs, they may provide a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 Jul 2015, 21:23

W0lv3rin3 wrote:Hello,

Every time I try to open The Sims 3 via the launcher or any other way, it crashes. A loading bar appears and it says something like 'sims 3 has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution'. The game was working perfectly fine before this. I have the late night and pets expansion packs installed but those were working ok yesterday. 
Are there any solutions for this?

In addition to this, I've now decided to uninstall all of my sims games/expansion packs to see if this resolves my initial issue (as explained above) 
I've got another quick question regarding the expansion packs I'm downloading. 
I plan on downloading the following expansion packs - 

Late night, Generations, Seasons, and university life.

This might seem like a stupid question but will these conflict with each other once I've downloaded/installed them all individually? Do I need to just install them one by one and they'll all work ok? Or do I need to do something specific to ensure they all work?

Thanks in advance. Smile

//MOVED

As to your concern, yes, it is absolutely possible to have a cracked Sims 3 base game and all expansions installed, and playing them without crashes. You indicated it worked before, so I'll assume you have already done the "DEP fix". ´But if not, please (re)- do that. See this post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

Sometimes the game crashes randomnly, and you'll simply need to re-start the game then. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top