Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running TS4 game abruptly shuts down my laptop, about 10 mins into play.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running TS4 game abruptly shuts down my laptop, about 10 mins into play. Empty Running TS4 game abruptly shuts down my laptop, about 10 mins into play.

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2015, 20:01

I downloaded and installed TS4 and the TS4 Ultimate Fix. The game started and ran perfectly, but about 10 mins into play, it just shut down my laptop. This happened every single time I tried to play the game - but otherwise I have no issues with the laptop. I can use it for long hours and really, this doesn't happen at all. It only happens while trying to run the game, so I guess it's safe to say that's the problem.  
I looked it up online and it was suggested that it might be an overheating issue, so I turned off the laptop for a while and then set it up with a fan near the vents and everything to make sure it didn't happen again; but that didn't help and the device shut down pretty soon after starting up the game.  
While installing the Ultimate Fix, I did run into one problem that I can't figure out how to get around. I wasn't able to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (x64) 2013, though I had no problem installing the (x86) version. I've attached a picture of the error message I (repeatedly) received.  
I'm really not sure what the problem could be - I've run games on this computer before, including TS3, so I'm not sure if specs are an issue. It's a Dell Latitude E6410 with an Intel Core i3 Processor. The OS is Windows 7, 32-bit. I think it has an Intel HD Graphics card.

Back to top Go down

Running TS4 game abruptly shuts down my laptop, about 10 mins into play. Empty Re: Running TS4 game abruptly shuts down my laptop, about 10 mins into play.

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2015, 20:59

Hi Smile

I have windows 7, 32-bit, couldn't install microsoft visual c++ (x64) 2013, but while I was reading other topics searching for the solution for my problem, I think that Carlos said that you don't need it if you have 32-bit system. I don't know if that helps you, just thought I would share it. I'm not sure where that post is, since I searched basically the whole forum.

Back to top Go down

Running TS4 game abruptly shuts down my laptop, about 10 mins into play. Empty Re: Running TS4 game abruptly shuts down my laptop, about 10 mins into play.

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2015, 21:08

Well, I guess that's not the problem then. I'm new here - who's Carlos?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Aug 2015, 08:45

Carlos is moderator of this forum, and very helpful. He wrote the guides on how to solve most of our problems, and answers ours questions regularly. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Aug 2015, 21:27

iPlay wrote:I'm new here - who's Carlos?

I am. And the problem you are having is most likely related to a hardware defect. Are you getting the same when playing other games too ? To be safe, I suggest you bring that computer to a professional repair service, and let it checked thoroughly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 08:38

Carlos wrote:
iPlay wrote:I'm new here - who's Carlos?

I am. And the problem you are having is most likely related to a hardware defect. Are you getting the same when playing other games too ? To be safe, I suggest you bring that computer to a professional repair service, and let it checked thoroughly.

It did turn out to be a heating problem! So I had my laptop cleaned at a service center and it worked without issue for a while. It shuts down randomly now, but I've posted about that on another thread. Anyway, thanks to everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top