Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 overheating - problems with FPS limiters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 overheating - problems with FPS limiters Empty The Sims 3 overheating - problems with FPS limiters

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2015, 19:32

Hello.  I'm new here.
I downloaded The Sims 3 from you guys (thank you so much) and I've been having a little problem. Frames per second.
Game was rendering over one thousand frames per second causing my PC to overheat and shut down. I've googled this and I found some softwares to limit FPS.
FPS Limiter, 3Booter and another FPS Limiter that comes with 3Booter. (I'm not allowed to post links yet)
None of these worked for me, but it worked people who had original copy.
I also tried to mess around with AMD Catalyst Control Center, but it didn't work either.
I'm starting to think that the crack is the problem, since both of these programs wanted TS3W.exe.
Thanks!

And yes, I installed The Sims 3 corectly.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 overheating - problems with FPS limiters Empty Re: The Sims 3 overheating - problems with FPS limiters

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2015, 23:07

Sterrrezo wrote:I'm starting to think that the crack is the problem, since both of these programs wanted TS3W.exe.

Doubt it. But if that's the case, then the solution is easy: try a different crack.

V-Sync limits the frame rate to whatever your monitor's refresh rate is (60 Hz = 60 FPS). However I assume you've already tried enabling it in-game and it didn't work, either because the option is broken or you have a high refresh rate. If that's the case, disable it and enable it from the graphics card driver.

I'm not sure if AMD cards have an option for this (to be honest I'm not sure how AMD is still in business) but Nvidia lets you enable Half V-Sync as well, which limits the framerate to half of whatever your refresh rate is (60 Hz = 30 FPS). Useful if you have a high refresh rate.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 overheating - problems with FPS limiters Empty Re: The Sims 3 overheating - problems with FPS limiters

Post by Guest Sat 15 Aug 2015, 13:52

Hello again.
I found the way to play with much lower FPS. Playing in the windowed mode.
Game renders around 140 FPS, it quite a lot but it's not overheating my PC.
I've read some forums and downloaded some softwares to play in borderless mode.
So... Thanks and sorry for wasting your time. : )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 03:47

The RivaTuner Statistics Server (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html) works fine on my system; it allows you to set a global frame rate limit or limit programs individually. On my old system Sims3 tried to run at over 1000fps, with the vid card fans sounding like a 747 take-off; now it runs smoothly, and silently, at 36fps.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 16 Aug 2015, 10:33

Sterrrezo wrote:Hello again.

Hello,

Did you try this one?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 11:43

Sterrrezo wrote:Hello again.

Hmm. Interesting.

Well you could probably play it in a borderless window in order to play fullscreen without your hardware melting (since you're still technically in windowed). However The Sims 3 doesn't have an option for borderless window, so you'd need 3rd party software.

You can try this, though I can't vouch for it 'cause I haven't tried it: http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top