Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to: get the latest update with G4TW Sims 4. [CLOSED]

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to: get the latest update with G4TW Sims 4. [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty How to: get the latest update with G4TW Sims 4. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 13:28

First topic message reminder :

Today I talk about how to get the Spa Day and updated version in Sims 4. Ask questions here! Very Happy
1. Search in Google "sims 4 spa day reloaded skidrow"
2. Get the update.
3. Install it where your game directory is.
4. Move Sims 4 out of the Electronic Arts folder. (e.g: move it to Program Files (x86)
5. Start playing!

Admin edit: Moved to Chit-Chat section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

How to: get the latest update with G4TW Sims 4. [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty Re: How to: get the latest update with G4TW Sims 4. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 22:49

I know how to exclude files and folders in my antivirus. I also know how to copy and paste the game folder into the sims 4 directory and copy over the files.
I also uninstalled Origin, changed the sims 4 file locations, turned off my antivirus then reapplied the crack, I renamed the the folder in my Documents, is there anything you suggest besides uninstalling the sims 4? Because I simply do not want to go through that again, and I fear if i try something else I will end up messing up my game.

Back to top Go down

How to: get the latest update with G4TW Sims 4. [CLOSED] - Page 4 Empty Re: How to: get the latest update with G4TW Sims 4. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Aug 2015, 23:00

youcrAzy wrote:I know how to exclude files and folders in my antivirus. I also know how to copy and paste the game folder into the sims 4 directory and copy over the files.
I also uninstalled Origin, changed the sims 4 file locations, turned off my antivirus then reapplied the crack, I renamed the the folder in my Documents, is there anything you suggest besides uninstalling the sims 4? Because I simply do not want to go through that again, and I fear if i try something else I will end up messing up my game.

Why dd you move your installation folder ?
The register will now point to a non-existing item and cannot find/start te game.
Put it back to where it was, probably C;|Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\

You might try and start the game from the folder where you have moved The Sims 4 to, Game\Bin\Ts4

Last edited by Tarac on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 23:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 00:23

I followed the instructions, but when I checked to see if the game had updated to the newer version, it says I have version 1.0.732.20.  I went backwards  Why. what gives?? what did i do so wrong?  Total noob that needs instructions given as if to a two year old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 00:39

Jesus... nevermind. NEVERMIND.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 00:41

Hello. Let's clean up the confusion. 

Tarac, don' t forget not all people bought the base game, they do not get it in the Origin Games folder, they get it in Electronic Arts folder. You HAVE to move the game files. Trust me, same problem happened to me, and I tried ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING,  but the problem was only fixed by moving the game files. I seen a ton of people posting that solution. The registry mess only happens with Origin version, and when fix will come, we can move game files back.

yourcrAzy, I don't see any solution now except reinstalling the game and using the tips I said.

annaliapace58, I think you downloaded the wrong version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 00:50

agrastiOs wrote:Hello. Let's clean up the confusion. 

Tarac, don' t forget not all people bought the base game, they do not get it in the Origin Games folder, they get it in Electronic Arts folder. You HAVE to move the game files. Trust me, same problem happened to me, and I tried ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING,  but the problem was only fixed by moving the game files. I seen a ton of people posting that solution. The registry mess only happens with Origin version, and when fix will come, we can move game files back.

yourcrAzy, I don't see any solution now except reinstalling the game and using the tips I said.

why, yes, yes I did.  All day and its been the wrong version, now I feel dumb.  Thanks Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 02:08

youcrAzy wrote:Jesus... nevermind. NEVERMIND.
3 things
have you tried running it administrator?
have you tried redownloading the the file?
have you tried reinstalling sims?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 11:30

When your game consists of downloads only, the Reloaded version will install in C:\Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4

As an admin on a Dutch forum I installed the new update under Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and believe me, I did not change or move the installation folder.

I also bought the base game, installed in C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\de Sims 4 and the new update worked perfectly in that same directory.

I noticed that people here are talking about the download from Skidrow, I used the torrent from Reloaded, so maybe they are slightly different

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 12:54

Hi
So i tried every thing unistall origin rename un sims folder ext ....
And also my game is not on Ea Folder i downloaded it from skidrow and i did all the updates and when i installed "Spa Day" The game says that i need to run origin to play the game.
I tried every thing on the comments but the same probleme appears

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 13:19

Tarac wrote:

When your game consists of downloads only, the Reloaded version will install in C:\Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4

As an admin on a Dutch forum I installed the new update under Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and believe me, I did not change or move the installation folder.

I also bought the base game, installed in C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\de Sims 4 and the new update worked perfectly in that same directory.

I noticed that people here are talking about the download from Skidrow, I used the torrent from Reloaded, so maybe they are slightly different
And the G4TW version gets it in Electronic Arts folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 13:23

for those having complicated issues with trying to use skidrow, goto K.A.T. and download The Sims 4 Fitgirl repack. Titled "The Sims 4: Deluxe Edition + All DLCs (v1.10.57.1020, True MULTI17) [FitGirl Repack]" I doubt you will have any issues. the crack installs with the game thru the installer. 

All the game repacks i ever used by her never failed me. Im not currently running her version, but i did download it after the fact and deleted the files for my current installer. didnt bother to check it cause they always work for me.

she has also posted tips in her comment section.

Also i'd Strongly recommend 

1. rename your electronic arts directory to "Electronic Arts A" or moving your electronic arts directory from my documents to your desktop. 

2. uninstall your current sims 4 game. 

3. install fitgirl's sims 4 repack (or skid row or whatever you choose.) as i said i suggest fitgirl, it has an installer which also installs the crack, and her releases of any game never failed me. so i'd be willing to climb myself on to the stake, tie myself up, pour my own gas and light my own match if this doesnt make things easier. lol 

4. when install is complete rename your "Electronic Arts A" folder in my documents back to Electronic Arts. or if you moved it to your desktop, move it back to my documents.

5. Right click on your The sims 4 shortcut, click properties, click compatability tab, Click the box for run as administrator. click apply. 

*note if you are using windows 10, you may also wanna click the windows 8 compatability box as well. Click apply.

Close properties

6. smile and tell yourself this is gonna work. Positive attitude is always good no matter the outcome.

7. start game

8. if it works, see 9. if it doesnt skip 9 and go directly to 10.

9. Come back here and tell us the result.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 17:24

WooHoo!! Finally got it (the correct version) loaded and working!! Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 21:16

The only xplanation I can come up with is that your anti-virus has blocked acces to the file RldOrigin.dll in the Bin folder of your installationfolder.
Disable your anti-virus and place the crack again from your download

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 21:47

Well, I regret doing this. When I installed it a pop-up showed up saying "The program can't start because QtWebKit4.dll, QtXml4.dll, QtGui4.dll, and QtNetwork4.dll are missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." and when I reinstalled it, the same exact message popped up. This is what I get for being impatient  Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2015, 22:10

Hylia wrote:Well, I regret doing this. When I installed it a pop-up showed up saying "The program can't start because QtWebKit4.dll, QtXml4.dll, QtGui4.dll, and QtNetwork4.dll are missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." and when I reinstalled it, the same exact message popped up. This is what I get for being impatient  Why.
That exact same thing happen to me!  My virus protection took them off, but they are part of the Spa Day download.  I just re-downloaded (not just re-install) it and made sure my virus protection was temporarily turned off when I did the setup.  Everything works fine now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Aug 2015, 09:48

Hylia wrote:Well, I regret doing this. When I installed it a pop-up showed up saying "The program can't start because QtWebKit4.dll, QtXml4.dll, QtGui4.dll, and QtNetwork4.dll are missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." and when I reinstalled it, the same exact message popped up. This is what I get for being impatient  Why.

It looks like you have replaced the folder Bin instead of merging
Re-install, then open the Crack folder, open Game, open Bin
Copy the 3 files into your installation folder Game -> Bin

The folder Core in the folder Bin contains your missing files

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Aug 2015, 07:42

Hello all,

No reason (anymore) to keep this thread up. See the announcement here. If you still have any questions, feel free to use the search function, or if you can't seem to find a solution yourself, open a new thread in the correct subsection.

Topic is closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top