Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED] Empty Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015, 20:26

I don't know if this has already been asked or not so sorry if it has or if it's in the wrong thread...but if I download sims 4 from here instead of origin (i originally brought the sims 4 legally then began getting my fixes here) will it solve my problem of origin isn't running? I just wanted to know before I uninstall it and start everything all over. Thanks.

//Mod Edit: Changed the title of your topic and moved to the right section of the Forum.

-Sim Architect

Back to top Go down

Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Thu 29 Oct 2015, 22:41

Hi! If you follow all the steps and use the links from my video below, you should be able to run your game well (I guess more than 95% of the people who follow all the steps and use the right downloads are successful)...

Please, keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Oct 2015, 23:30

I "think" I found out why my game won't work. This file that you need to play the game won't function...I say think because I've followed your video 3 times...and the same thing keeps happening. So this has to be the problem right? It might be my computer and if that's the case then okay..but if this is fixable let me know. Thanks. 
Quick Question - will the download from here solve my problem of origin isn't running? [SOLVED] 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 31 Oct 2015, 01:52

Hi again!

Are you running a 32 or 64 version of windows? I think that it seems, from your image, you are running a 32 version, meaning you won't need / can't install the library above (x64), but you should be fine without it, as the game is 32 bit Smile

Most of the times, the anti virus removes the originrld.dll crack and you need to exclude the proper folders and download / apply the crack again. Some people also forget to move the game out of Electronic arts after they install the base game (you can move it after you apply the fix, but then you need to apply the 4 GB / large Spa Day fix again, otherwise you will overwrite new files with older versions).

Please, keep us posted...

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Oct 2015, 20:27

32 & last night I in installed everything once again. Restarted my computer a tried it again...this time...the Microsoft visual installed...but the origin error keeps popping up. I have everything turned off and excluded all the files and even my downloads folder so when I download the torrents it doesn't get messed up. I have you video on my left side and I watch while following along. I'm thinking about recording my desktop to show you exactly what I do and if I'm doing it right. Because it's just not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 Oct 2015, 20:36

FlawlessFiasco wrote:32 & last night I in installed everything once again. Restarted my computer a tried it again...this time...the Microsoft visual installed...but the origin error keeps popping up. I have everything turned off and excluded all the files and even my downloads folder so when I download the torrents it doesn't get messed up. I have you video on my left side and I watch while following along. I'm thinking about recording my desktop to show you exactly what I do and if I'm doing it right. Because it's just not working.

Hello,

Note that EA's programmers have done a superb job at making the game hard to crack. At least compared to TS2 and TS3. The currently circulating cracks "work", if everything else is perfect, but these cracks are hard to handle for the average person.

In my experience, it's almost always caused by some "security software" that is blocking the crack. Even if you think you may have configured everything correctly, there may still be something that is interfering.

Another possibility could be this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions#145107

But beyond that, please be aware that there isn't much left for us to suggest. In many cases, only a fresh Windows re-install helped people to get this game running. But that's up to you - good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Nov 2015, 19:44

Okay thanks. One last question....I just remembered that I downloaded Adobe illustrator and Photoshop for school on my computer. And since then I haven't been able to play. Could that possibly be a reason why it won't work anymore (I noticed today that after I deleted files that I thought were for TS4 {uninstalled again} that I had to re-download my adobe products) or is this just a stupid question....and these things have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited by FlawlessFiasco on Mon 02 Nov 2015, 19:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 03 Nov 2015, 18:06

Those should NOT interfere, but it may mean that you could not crack them because of an anti virus you have (that you may even not know about).

Go to your Programs & Features (right click start button and select it on the menu, if you have Windows 10) or go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and take a look to see if you have any program that could be an anti virus, like AVG, Norton, etc)

Windows Defender won't show in that list, so you might click the start button and type "defender" (without quotes), then you run it and see if the real time protection is enabled or disabled, and also check your history of items, quarantined items etc.

After all, even if you have real protection off, I would add the folders you don't want messed up to the Excluded Folders list, just in case Wink

A third thing you can try is turning windows smartscreen off (a bit more complicated, but you can Google for it).

Please, keep us posted Smile

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 05:17

Don't want to be a jinx to myself but I think I fixed it. I opens now. I had to create a new user and disable all the the windows defender, re-download and then move them to the sims 4 in programs x86 for it to work. And its been opening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 13:29

Did it work for you now? I have the same problem. I want to be able to play!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 15:32

Yeah it has. Hopefully it can work for you too. Just remember to add the folders (where you download the torrents to,  the new ones you create for the game) to the exclusion list in windows defender and make sure all anti-virus programs are off. Mine at first said origin isn't running again...but like I said I moved it from electronic arts/thesims4 to thesims4 in programs x86. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 06 Nov 2015, 17:34

FlawlessFiasco wrote:Yeah it has. Hopefully it can work for you too. Just remember to add the folders (where you download the torrents to,  the new ones you create for the game) to the exclusion list in windows defender and make sure all anti-virus programs are off. Mine at first said origin isn't running again...but like I said I moved it from electronic arts/thesims4 to thesims4 in programs x86. Good luck.
Great to know this fixed your problem!

I am going to close this topic, since you got your game running. Please, be welcome to open another topic in case you need further assistance.

Happy simming!

Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)