Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin is not running problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is not running problem. Empty Origin is not running problem.

Post by Guest Thu 26 Nov 2015, 23:52

I've also been experiencing the Origin issue, I've read all of the threads looking for possible fixes without any avail. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I even tried uninstalling everything then installing Base Game -> Get to Work -> Ultimate Fix and now it won't even open and give me the Origin must be running error message. Origin has done an insane job at creating a game that's very hard to crack, I see there has been issues for a lot of people to crack the game and I'm wondering if I should just buy the base game (On sale 58% off in Origin) and then install the GTW from GFW. Do you know if anyone is having issues installing GTW and other stuff packs to purchased versions of the Base Game with Origin? I really want to play  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Origin is not running problem. Empty Re: Origin is not running problem.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Nov 2015, 01:35

Jessica_Revolver wrote:I've also been experiencing the Origin issue, I've read all of the threads looking for possible fixes without any avail. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I even tried uninstalling everything then installing Base Game -> Get to Work -> Ultimate Fix and now it won't even open and give me the Origin must be running error message. Origin has done an insane job at creating a game that's very hard to crack, I see there has been issues for a lot of people to crack the game and I'm wondering if I should just buy the base game (On sale 58% off in Origin) and then install the GTW from GFW. Do you know if anyone is having issues installing GTW and other stuff packs to purchased versions of the Base Game with Origin? I really want to play  Why God.

Hello again,

I split your post from the other thread. I guess you already tried moving the install folder "The Sims 4", directly under C:\Program files(x86) ? And while doing that, did you also delete all of the old shortcuts, and created a new shortcut to the TS4.exe ? Just delete any old shortcuts, and then create a new one, pointing to the TS4.exe in the new location.

Buying the base game won't help you in this situation, my advice would be that you at least wait to do so. Buying the base game and then "mixing" it with cracked games can still grant you access to the official "gallery" (from which you can download sims, lots, etc.). But I won't go into that here; and you should focus on the cracked games first.

You can also try disconnecting the internet, and then start up the game. There are also a few other smaller tips here if you haven't seen them.

Next, try uninstalling any third-party anti-virus that you have installed. I am guessing that the anti-virus you have is so bad that it either cannot be configured at all, or only with big difficulties, in either way you should uninstall it. Check your computer if there is any "smaller" security program too. One example is Lavasoft's Web Companion which is known to cause the issue too. If you have that, uninstall it. After uninstalling those things, re-boot the computer.

Now make sure that you have your Windows Defender turned off. In your profile it says you have Windows Vista, which should be the same as Windows 7. Look at the part of this guide that shows how to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 7. 

Finally try re-applying the latest Ultimate fix. Then try the game again. 

If these things still don't work, then I don't know what else to suggest. In the past, I suggested to people that they re-install their Windows, and start with a "clean slate". If you really go that far, don't install any "security"-software, and again make sure Windows Defender is turned off. Then re-install the Games4theworld stuff.

Good luck !  alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top