Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

store items on exchange lots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

store items on exchange lots Empty store items on exchange lots

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 07:40

Hi,

I downloaded a lot from the exchange, also downloaded the store content used in the lot, but when I place it in the game the game doesn't recognize the store content and replaces those items with default objects. Does anyone know a fix for this?

I've tried factory reset, reinstalling store content, but nothing works.

Back to top Go down

store items on exchange lots Empty Re: store items on exchange lots

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:25

hello ! did you also download the store fixes as well? if you have applied the fix + update ver. of the game, the content should appear normally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:52

Hi Ageha Smile

Yep I've applied the storefixes and my game is up to date WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:54

The store items show up in the game and I can use them. This problem is with the exchange lots alone, it's like the game assumes I don't own the store items used in the exchange lot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 13:20

Lots like ani bistro? Or associated with worlds? If it's the latter you might the the worlds installed. Anything associated with EPs might need them as well. If the lots do appear but the lots is totally empty, try uninstalling and re-installing the package again. if the package still exists in your downloads folder, the it before re-installing. 

PS: I read in a thread that if you own the base game or any other EPs as well, it might be hard for the store items to show up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 08:38

Did a full reinstall of all the games - i have all the expansions and running into the same problem. Strange thing is this only happens with lots from the exchange. Also read up some more about it and it's a wierdness that sometimes happens.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice tho! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:49

I am having the exact same problem. I have installed all the eps and sps, patched the game, and downloaded *all* the store content here from games4theworld, including worlds, venues and any necessary fixes. I can use such store content without any problems in my games. There are no glitches, no missing stuff, no issues, really. Unless I place custom lots from the exchange, in which case the game does not recognize my store content (maybe because it's decrappified?) and substitutes the store items for other ones. Note that if I place these lots and go into buy mode, for instance, I can place store content on them without facing any issues whatsoever.

I really hope there's a fix for this.

Last edited by whoever on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 18:29; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 15:00

Perhaps that might be the case @whoever. The only lots I've downloaded are the AniBistro, Skylight Studio and the Tiny Prodigies Center, which came from the Aurora Skies world. Maybe certain items are missing but I've never actually check all. The basics are there though, like the kitchen set and the playpen stuff. 

@Jase95 But since you can find them in the build mode, then it's not a total loss. Except rebuilding /replacing the stuffs on lots itself though  Why.

PS: Sorry for not helping with this one. I hope an admin/mode will see this and help you guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 18:33

Thanks for your help, @Ageha. And you are right: it's not a total loss. Rebuilding is in some cases impossible, though, because some lots make really extensive use of custom content  WhatDidUJustCallMe?. But at least buildings like the bistro and stuff (which I've downloaded from here, not from the exchange) work flawlessly, so that's a plus!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 19:40

I've found a work around. You can use delphy's multi-installer, available at ModTheSims, to extract the sims3pack store items into package files in your mod folder. Looks like the game recognizes the files better this way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 18:33

So it worked and it didn't work. Extracting the packages files works only on  a few items. I figure when you download a lot legit it requires confirmation for the store items to show you own them. If there's no confirmation the store items won't show up in game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top