Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by Sim Architect Sun 13 Dec 2015, 23:07

Hi there! I am playing a bit with Sims 4, and I am not having the best experience at all, sorry.

I send my sim to work, then he comes back hungry, annoyed etc. I take care of the needs and it's time to bed. Sometimes I can't even do the "homework" (those tasks to get faster promotion), and the sim wakes up miserable again!

I found out some dumb tasks like drinking juice or having a quick meal can take longer than an hour, that's crazy!

Going out is annoying as well, my sim orders drinks and waits for hours. Then, the drink is given to someone else, and not to all members of the group (when buying drinks for the group when you go out with your club or a friend).

Is it just me or The Sims 4 just s*cks?

I will release my game plays, but I am not sure I will keep playing Sad

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Dec 2015, 23:35

Sim Architect wrote:Hi there! I am playing a bit with Sims 4, and I am not having the best experience at all, sorry.

I send my sim to work, then he comes back hungry, annoyed etc. I take care of the needs and it's time to bed. Sometimes I can't even do the "homework" (those tasks to get faster promotion), and the sim wakes up miserable again!

I found out some dumb tasks like drinking juice or having a quick meal can take longer than an hour, that's crazy!

Going out is annoying as well, my sim orders drinks and waits for hours. Then, the drink is given to someone else, and not to all members of the group (when buying drinks for the group when you go out with your club or a friend).

It seems that the "big" gaming YouTubers who played the game and recorded a few "Let's plays" also quit after a little while already. I guess because TS4 doesn't appear to be very popular, and also because it's expensive to keep up with DLC (or you just record your videos with the pirated stuff from G4TW/RELOADED and don't mention that the game is pirated What a Face ).

And if the interest is low, you won't get many clicks/likes on those videos. And at some point, it wouldn't be worth one's time anymore.

But that is up to you of course.

As for the in-game time, some of these tasks indeed take ages to complete. Maybe there are mods out there that can help with that ? I don't really know. I once tried MC Command Center that has a function which "slows" down in-game time, and while the in-game time indeed flows more slowly, it completely confuses deadlines and such (e.g. your work shift ends at 8PM, but the in-game time shows it's 12AM or something; the game still believes that despite slowing down time, that the original deadlines apply).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by Sim Architect Sun 13 Dec 2015, 23:57

Carlos wrote:
Sim Architect wrote:Hi there! I am playing a bit with Sims 4, and I am not having the best experience at all, sorry.

It seems that the "big" gaming YouTubers who played the game and recorded a few "Let's plays" also quit after a little while already. I guess because TS4 doesn't appear to be very popular, and also because it's expensive to keep up with DLC (or you just record your videos with the pirated stuff from G4TW/RELOADED and don't mention that the game is pirated What a Face ).

And if the interest is low, you won't get many clicks/likes on those videos. And at some point, it wouldn't be worth one's time anymore.

But that is up to you of course.

As for the in-game time, some of these tasks indeed take ages to complete. Maybe there are mods out there that can help with that ? I don't really know. I once tried MC Command Center that has a function which "slows" down in-game time, and while the in-game time indeed flows more slowly, it completely confuses deadlines and such (e.g. your work shift ends at 8PM, but the in-game time shows it's 12AM or something; the game still believes that despite slowing down time, that the original deadlines apply).

Thanks! I wish you were right about the audience, but I am not so sure about it. I feel that Sims 4 gets more people looking for the stuff, but I am worried that I get too bored playing with it, not sure my viewers will have fun watching me complain while I am p*ssed off while playing, because the game doesn't do this or that Sad

That said, I have a feeling I will go back to Sims 3.

Glad to know this timing issue is not related to my computer being slow, but because the game just s*cks...

I will release the episodes I recorded (and, if I feel like, I will record a few more, who knows Haters gonna hate )...

But, I feel that I will go back to Sims 3 and Minecraft Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll try to play a bit more tonight, maybe tomorrow, with Sims 4, then I will be done with it Smile

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 16:51

Well, there's a big surprise...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 00:18

I deal with a lot of the slow action issues by using mods. For instance, I have MadameButterfly's Faster Eating and Drinking, Faster Showers, Power Nap, and Focused Reading mods from Naughty Sims Asylum. It frees up enough time that the sims' lives are a little better than just going to work and fulfilling needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 15 Dec 2015, 00:31

pixistix wrote:I deal with a lot of the slow action issues by using mods. For instance, I have MadameButterfly's Faster Eating and Drinking, Faster Showers, Power Nap, and Focused Reading mods from Naughty Sims Asylum. It frees up enough time that the sims' lives are a little better than just going to work and fulfilling needs.
That sounds cool! Thanks for the tip, I will look into it!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 02:27

No problem, hope it helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Dec 2015, 18:57

pixistix wrote:I deal with a lot of the slow action issues by using mods. For instance, I have MadameButterfly's Faster Eating and Drinking, Faster Showers, Power Nap, and Focused Reading mods from Naughty Sims Asylum. It frees up enough time that the sims' lives are a little better than just going to work and fulfilling needs.

Thanks for sharing these tips ! Very Happy  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:28

Hi!
I tried to play the game w/o cheats, and like you said, it's annoying. I use the mods mentioned by pixistix  and some others found on modthesims. There are artificial intelligence and blessed traits, those help with the needs. also testingcheats always on, so you only have to click on the mailbox and fulfil the needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 17:56

As far as the needs are concerned, there is a cheat that can help.  You could hold shift and click on the mailbox, then click Alter Needs, and click both Disable Needs (either Household or World) and the Fill Needs options.  Obviously the one will stop or at least seriously slow down needs decline, and the other will fill their needs, allowing you more time to have your sims do things besides constantlyt trying to fill their needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top