Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Get Together - Sims won't/can't do anything. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Get Together - Sims won't/can't do anything. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 Get Together - Sims won't/can't do anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 16:59

Hi there

I just installed Get Together and I believe I've followed all the directions given as to installing correctly. I can start up the game fine, see the new neighbourhood, create sims, build stuff, enter houses... I just can't get my sims to do anything. The actions just pile up in the queue and the sims just stand there doing nothing, no matter how miserable they get. If I click esc and the menu pops up, the sims queue clears but they still do nothing. Once I got a sim to go to the toilet (woop woop!), but it glitched up and he got stuck there, continuosly peeing and apparently washing his hands in the toilet. Yum. 

I have no idea what to do. It's the same wheather I play an old sim, one I create or one of the new ones that came with Get Together. Any thoughts on what might cause this and what can be done to fix it?

Cheers

Edit: Applying Ultimate Fix didn't help either... WhatDidUJustCallMe?
I don't have any CC or mods whatsoever, so that's not the issue.

2nd edit: I just tried again, and the problem persists. The "Go here" option keeps flashing in the queue. 

When I go to Newcrest there are huge gray squares with a lama in it hovering over the lots... Something is not right with this game Wink

Last edited by Luriphax on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 17:53; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get Together - Sims won't/can't do anything. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Get Together - Sims won't/can't do anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 19:19

I have the same problem Wat.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get Together - Sims won't/can't do anything. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Get Together - Sims won't/can't do anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 22:19

I am also encountering this problem Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 23:25

I have the exact same problem. They restart when for example im going into the menu to exit the game and then go back to live mode, but only for one action then they're stuck doing nothing again... Sad Started when i installed Get together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 11:48

Luriphax wrote:
When I go to Newcrest there are huge gray squares with a lama in it hovering over the lots... Something is not right with this game Wink

Hello! If the problems you're having is related to the Newcrest Llamas, then Carlos had posted a hotfix(couple of KBs) to fix the issue. However, I am not sure if this will fix your actions queue. Perhaps you could try moving the Sims4 folder out of the Documents so it will create new 'fresh' folders for you? And have you tried running both TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe? 

Just scroll down to Carlos reply

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 12:54

Unfortunately the hotfix didnt do it for me, nothing happened. I have also disovered that the loading screen takes forever and that when i click the icon for ex ts4.exe it forces origin to pop up its log in screen. I didnt even know i had origin.

I also noticed that when i installed the game both on my computer and my second computer the same thing happened right in the beginning of the file transfer (transfer all the installation folders) windows defender popped up a message about a threat and pinned a files as virus, when i later tried to look into that windows defender basically said "i took care about it for you". Could this file have anything to do with this in game problems? I think it was a .dll type of file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 13:33

inu wrote:Unfortunately the hotfix didnt do it for me, nothing happened. I have also disovered that the loading screen takes forever and that when i click the icon for ex ts4.exe it forces origin to pop up its log in screen. I didnt even know i had origin.

I also noticed that when i installed the game both on my computer and my second computer the same thing happened right in the beginning of the file transfer (transfer all the installation folders) windows defender popped up a message about a threat and pinned a files as virus, when i later tried to look into that windows defender basically said "i took care about it for you". Could this file have anything to do with this in game problems? I think it was a .dll type of file.

Did you forget to put the files to the exclusion list in windows defender and your anti-virus? If that message popped up then i can assume that it deleted the .dll (possibly RldOrigin.dll) which makes the origin message appear. If your windows defender did indeed delete that .dll, then perhaps it deleted some other cracks as well without you noticing. 

Take a look at Sim Architect video on how to install the Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 17:54

Ageha wrote:
Luriphax wrote:

Hello! If the problems you're having is related to the Newcrest Llamas, then Carlos had posted a hotfix(couple of KBs) to fix the issue. However, I am not sure if this will fix your actions queue. Perhaps you could try moving the Sims4 folder out of the Documents so it will create new 'fresh' folders for you? And have you tried running both TS4.exe and TS4_x64.exe? 

Just scroll down to Carlos reply

I've tried both the TS4.exe and TS4_64.exe, no difference there. I've also tried moving the Sims4 folder and have the game create a new one, but that didn't change anything. I'll try the hotfix and see what happens.

Edit: Applied the hotfix and got rid of the lamas, but the main issue persists.

When I unzipped the .rar I got the message saying that Windows Defender had removed a threat blablabla so I added the file (can't remember the name) to the exclusions list, unzipped again and got no message, so I'm thinking that's not the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Dec 2015, 19:38

Luriphax wrote:I've tried both the TS4.exe and TS4_64.exe, no difference there. I've also tried moving the Sims4 folder and have the game create a new one, but that didn't change anything. I'll try the hotfix and see what happens.

Edit: Applied the hotfix and got rid of the lamas, but the main issue persists.

When I unzipped the .rar I got the message saying that Windows Defender had removed a threat blablabla so I added the file (can't remember the name) to the exclusions list, unzipped again and got no message, so I'm thinking that's not the problem.

//MOVED

Welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately you ruled out possible solutions, which worked for some other users. One person said he had incompatible mods, and another user said she used a different .exe file for starting the game, and the problem was solved.

Does reducing the graphics options (from the in-game menu) improve anything ?

Sorry if we can't help you further at this point. We still need to look into that ourselves and/or gather feedback...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 14:44

Since nothing else worked so far, I decided to uninstall the game completely and the re-install it. I installed it in the exact same place as before, so I didn't do anything to the exclution list in Windows Defender.  I unzipped the .rar files again and "installed" them in the following order:

- The Sims 4
(moved it out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to C:\Program Files (x86)\)
 - Get To Work
 - Get Together

I had the weird lama squares in Newcrest, so I added the
 - Get Together Hotfix

Then I put my old saves-folder in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4-folder

Opened the game and... It worked! Very Happy 

I have no idea why it worked, the only thing different is that I skipped the Ultimate Fix, since all the stuff are included in Get Together.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 17 Dec 2015, 17:02

Luriphax wrote:Since nothing else worked so far, I decided to uninstall the game completely and the re-install it. I installed it in the exact same place as before, so I didn't do anything to the exclution list in Windows Defender.  I unzipped the .rar files again and "installed" them in the following order:

- The Sims 4
(moved it out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts to C:\Program Files (x86)\)
 - Get To Work
 - Get Together

I had the weird lama squares in Newcrest, so I added the
 - Get Together Hotfix

Then I put my old saves-folder in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4-folder

Opened the game and... It worked! Very Happy 

I have no idea why it worked, the only thing different is that I skipped the Ultimate Fix, since all the stuff are included in Get Together.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions though!

Interesting fix; thanks for sharing it. Very Happy  Since your original problem seems solved, I will close this thread. Feel free to get back in touch with us anytime again you need any help. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top