Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin is currently not running.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is currently not running.  Empty Origin is currently not running.

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 19:56

When I just download the get together pack (i already have get to work pack), and copy it to my sims 4 folder, it works but when i close it and open it again after i download some cc, they say "origin is currently noy running". I already tired renaming the cc folder in document but that not the problem. and i tried to download origin and open sims 4 with it, the sims 4 is not opening (an hour passed no sign of sims 4 opening), so i tried to reinstall the sims 4 base game and just play it without any pack, but i can't open it too, after that i copy the get together pack and get to work pack, it also say "origin is currently not running". I download the ultimate fix and copy it, but they also say "origin is currently not running". For the last hope i download the origin again and play sims 4 with it, but the result is the same.

In the end i uninstall the origin and delete all the cache file of origin and tried reinstall the sims 4 again, but no differece. I can't open my sims 4 anymore. Crying or Very sad 

Pretty much my problem is the same with this problem in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmumCVD7UoM

Can anyone help me? Is it my pc that broken, the sims 4, or something else? Thank you Smile

ps : I already follow the instruction in "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 4 correctly."

Help  The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1 The Sims Plumbob 1  Help

Last edited by GuardianXXX on Fri 18 Dec 2015, 15:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make the reader know the problem easier.)

Back to top Go down

Origin is currently not running.  Empty Re: Origin is currently not running.

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 15:14

Hello,
I had the same problem. I was able to play the game at home, but when I was at my parents' house I tried to run it again and I got the Origin error. 
On this forum I read that EA sometimes 'blocks' IP-adresses.
I uninstalled the game and re-installed it (including the base game and get to work). After that I disabled my WiFi and then ran the game. It worked perfectly! Just remember to disable your WiFi before playing. I only have this problem at my parents' house so I think the problem is with their IP-adress, however if I try to play it with an internet connection at their house I have to reinstall the entire game before I can play it again. 
Hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 16:19

undefined wrote:Hello,
I had the same problem. I was able to play the game at home, but when I was at my parents' house I tried to run it again and I got the Origin error. 
On this forum I read that EA sometimes 'blocks' IP-adresses.
I uninstalled the game and re-installed it (including the base game and get to work). After that I disabled my WiFi and then ran the game. It worked perfectly! Just remember to disable your WiFi before playing. I only have this problem at my parents' house so I think the problem is with their IP-adress, however if I try to play it with an internet connection at their house I have to reinstall the entire game before I can play it again. 
Hope this helps!

Hello,
Thank you for your reply, i just done what you told me. Surprised

1.) Uninstall the sims 4
2.) Disconnect all wifi connection
3.) Install the sims 4

I do that but the origin is currently not running still show up, is there something wrong with my steps? Thank you for replying Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Dec 2015, 17:20

GuardianXXX wrote:
Hello,
Thank you for your reply, i just done what you told me. Surprised

1.) Uninstall the sims 4
2.) Disconnect all wifi connection
3.) Install the sims 4

I do that but the origin is currently not running still show up, is there something wrong with my steps? Thank you for replying Smile

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Have you had a look at this thread too?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Other than that, what is your anti-virus program ? Have you tried de-activating it completely ? Then, re-apply the Get to Work files first, and then again Get together.

As a last resort, try uninstalling your anti-virus and re-boot the computer. Then repeat the re-applying of Get to Work, and then Get together. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 19:11

Carlos wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Have you had a look at this thread too?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Other than that, what is your anti-virus program ? Have you tried de-activating it completely ? Then, re-apply the Get to Work files first, and then again Get together.

As a last resort, try uninstalling your anti-virus and re-boot the computer. Then repeat the re-applying of Get to Work, and then Get together. Good luck !

Hello and thank you for your reply, 

I already read that thread and i already tried it, but origin warning still show up. My anti-virus is SMADAV, my friend recommended that. I think i already deactive it completely, but i will try to uninstall my antivirus and reinstall sims 4. I will reply again after i have time to uninstall my antivirus. silent (Sorry that i can't tell you the result right away)

Also this problem show up after i use a new internet connection, downloaded some cc, and scanning my pc with antivirus. (But i think because i scan my pc, something is missing and the sims 4 can't be opened.)

Thank you for responding to my problem! Very Happy

Ps. If you think the solution of this problem is beyond your part to help, just close this topic, thank you Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:46

GuardianXXX wrote:
Hello and thank you for your reply, 

I already read that thread and i already tried it, but origin warning still show up. My anti-virus is SMADAV, my friend recommended that. I think i already deactive it completely, but i will try to uninstall my antivirus and reinstall sims 4. I will reply again after i have time to uninstall my antivirus. silent (Sorry that i can't tell you the result right away)

Also this problem show up after i use a new internet connection, downloaded some cc, and scanning my pc with antivirus. (But i think because i scan my pc, something is missing and the sims 4 can't be opened.)

Thank you for responding to my problem! Very Happy

Ps. If you think the solution of this problem is beyond your part to help, just close this topic, thank you Surprised

No problem at all, and I'm sorry I couldn't help further. But yes ! You should consider uninstalling your anti-virus and then also re-booting the computer. Then re-apply the files from "Get together", and see if that makes any difference.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 14:38

Carlos wrote:
No problem at all, and I'm sorry I couldn't help further. But yes ! You should consider uninstalling your anti-virus and then also re-booting the computer. Then re-apply the files from "Get together", and see if that makes any difference.

Hello~

I already tried uninstalling my anti-virus and reinstall sims 4, but there is no difference. Crying or Very sad

I also tried to install sims 4 to my another pc.
First, i just play the base game without any pack, it works
And i copy get to work file, it works;
But when i copy get together file, origin warning show up. silent
Is there a solution for this problem? Question

Sorry for giving you a trouble, and thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Jan 2016, 22:01

GuardianXXX wrote:
Hello~

I already tried uninstalling my anti-virus and reinstall sims 4, but there is no difference. Crying or Very sad

I also tried to install sims 4 to my another pc.
First, i just play the base game without any pack, it works
And i copy get to work file, it works;
But when i copy get together file, origin warning show up. silent
Is there a solution for this problem? Question

Sorry for giving you a trouble, and thank you! Smile

Sorry again for the late reply,

Have you tried moving the installation folder of "The Sims 4", OUT from Electronic Arts, and into a different location ? So your game install folder will be in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts by default, and after you install Get to Work.

But you should move this folder named "The Sims 4" OUT of Electronic Arts and into a different location. For example, directly under "Program files(x86)". Good luck ! Smile

P.S. when you do that, also make sure to delete all of your old desktop shortcuts for The Sims 4, and create new shortcuts then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top