Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Get Together - Not Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Get Together - Not Working Empty Sims 4 Get Together - Not Working

Post by Guest Fri 18 Dec 2015, 23:39

"Every time i try to open the game i get: "unable to start origin is currently not running. please make sure that origin is running before attempting to play the sims 4 [d3382ced]"
I have the crack correctly installed. I've added the install folder, the disk image and even the crack files to the exemptions list of Security Essentials (my only antivirus). I have net framework and Microsoft visual c++ installed. I don't have origin (though i had it before and i uninstalled it). I've tried transferring it to the C:/ folder. I've tried both letting it through firewall and not allowing it through firewall.
Here's a picture of said error and my game/bin folder: *there was a link here but i have to remove it*
I think it's a registry problem (MAYBE) as i do not have an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4. I do have a Maxis folder there but nothing else further in it. If that's not it, any other help would be much appreciated. Been installing/reinstalling for the past few days, and I just want to play already. I had installed a free game (Theme Hospital) once from Origin, don't know if that's something lol though i've already uninstalled it" 

Sums up my problem. Posted it on the Skidrow-Reloaded website but no answers. Switched to the G4TW's releases to see if it made a difference, followed The Sim Architect's video step by step. And still, nope.

I downloaded the 3DM cracked version like over a year ago when there were minimal Sims 4 torrents out, not sure if I got a clean uninstall on that. Can that be causing my problems? When I say, clean uninstall, it might possibly mean I tried downloading a different release group's expansion pack and it messed my stuff up so I just uninstalled everything. Haven't played since. Is it possible 3DM's left some residue files on? Or nah? Please don't tell me to check my smaller antiviruses because I've uninstalled everything virus related excluding Security (yes, I've added the necessary files/folders to the exemptions list), and I have Windows Defender off. Help me, games4theworld, you're my only hope. Pics related.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get Together - Not Working Empty Re: Sims 4 Get Together - Not Working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Dec 2015, 10:51

senorrandom wrote:"Every time i try to open the game i get: "unable to start origin is currently not running. please make sure that origin is running before attempting to play the sims 4 [d3382ced]"
I have the crack correctly installed. I've added the install folder, the disk image and even the crack files to the exemptions list of Security Essentials (my only antivirus). I have net framework and Microsoft visual c++ installed. I don't have origin (though i had it before and i uninstalled it). I've tried transferring it to the C:/ folder. I've tried both letting it through firewall and not allowing it through firewall.
Here's a picture of said error and my game/bin folder: *there was a link here but i have to remove it*
I think it's a registry problem (MAYBE) as i do not have an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4. I do have a Maxis folder there but nothing else further in it. If that's not it, any other help would be much appreciated. Been installing/reinstalling for the past few days, and I just want to play already. I had installed a free game (Theme Hospital) once from Origin, don't know if that's something lol though i've already uninstalled it" 

Sums up my problem. Posted it on the Skidrow-Reloaded website but no answers. Switched to the G4TW's releases to see if it made a difference, followed The Sim Architect's video step by step. And still, nope.

I downloaded the 3DM cracked version like over a year ago when there were minimal Sims 4 torrents out, not sure if I got a clean uninstall on that. Can that be causing my problems? When I say, clean uninstall, it might possibly mean I tried downloading a different release group's expansion pack and it messed my stuff up so I just uninstalled everything. Haven't played since. Is it possible 3DM's left some residue files on? Or nah? Please don't tell me to check my smaller antiviruses because I've uninstalled everything virus related excluding Security (yes, I've added the necessary files/folders to the exemptions list), and I have Windows Defender off. Help me, games4theworld, you're my only hope. Pics related.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Have you already had a look at these alternative solutions here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Also, if you simply deleted the old 3DM installation folder of The Sims 4, then you did it right. My suggestion would also be that you turn off "Microsoft Security Essentials" (if that is what you meant in your post) completely. Not just Windows Defender, but this "Microsoft Security Essentials" too.

Plus, in my experience, "smaller antivirusses" can indeed cause the issue, and (surprise ?), you cannot always see them immediately, although they are present on your system.

If you can't manage to fix it, and you really insist on playing a pirated Sims 4, I'm afraid you will need to consider a fresh Windows installation. I'm sorry I can't give a better outlook for this problem. 

P.S. please do not bump, as we try to get back to posts as soon as possible. Also, I deleted your attachments (after viewing the pictures). For the future, please select attachment file names that are less 'profane'. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 12:28

Quick registry question: Am I supposed to have a the Sims 4 folder entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis upon installation? Or will it be created when I first run the game successfully?

Edit: Btw, thanks Mod Carlos for reaching out. I JUST REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME since I doubt I'll be getting out of the house much this break.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Dec 2015, 12:52

senorrandom wrote:Quick registry question: Am I supposed to have a the Sims 4 folder entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis upon installation? Or will it be created when I first run the game successfully?

Edit: Btw, thanks Mod Carlos for reaching out. I JUST REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME since I doubt I'll be getting out of the house much this break.

Hello again,

The registry is fine. Smile

What the problem in your case is, is that "something" on your computer is blocking the game's no-Origin .exe file from running. In my experience, it is most often either an "active" anti-virus system, a previous anti-virus program not properly removed, or a "smaller antivirus".

Do check the thread that I linked to above, with those "alternative solutions". Maybe something in there can help you too. But beyond that, I'm afraid I can't say more at present. Sorry. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 17:30

(A long shot) but would anybody who's able to get there copy working like to attach a copy of their RldOrigin.dll in a reply? I'll download it and paste it in my Bin folder. I'm willing to try anything at this point to be honest.

edit: Or generally just rar all the crack files (i.e. RldOrigin.dll, TS4.exe, RldOrigin_x64.dll, TS4_x64.exe, rld.dll, RldOrigin.ini) from your copy that's working. Much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 15:16

Hello,
I had the same problem. I was able to play the game at home, but when I was at my parents' house I tried to run it again and I got the Origin error. 
On this forum I read that EA sometimes 'blocks' IP-adresses.
I uninstalled the game and re-installed it (including the base game and get to work). After that I disabled my WiFi and then ran the game. It worked perfectly! Just remember to disable your WiFi before playing. I only have this problem at my parents' house so I think the problem is with their IP-adress, however if I try to play it with an internet connection at their house I have to reinstall the entire game before I can play it again. 
Hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Dec 2015, 17:17

senorrandom wrote:(A long shot) but would anybody who's able to get there copy working like to attach a copy of their RldOrigin.dll in a reply? I'll download it and paste it in my Bin folder. I'm willing to try anything at this point to be honest.

edit: Or generally just rar all the crack files (i.e. RldOrigin.dll, TS4.exe, RldOrigin_x64.dll, TS4_x64.exe, rld.dll, RldOrigin.ini) from your copy that's working. Much appreciated.

There you go:
http://bit.ly/1QUzHWI

I know you won't like to hear it, but most likely this won't work though. If you haven't tried yet, see the suggestion from the previous poster. ANd as said, if nothing works, and you really want to play that game, consider a fresh Windows installation.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 08:07

undefined wrote:Hello,
I had the same problem. I was able to play the game at home, but when I was at my parents' house I tried to run it again and I got the Origin error. 
On this forum I read that EA sometimes 'blocks' IP-adresses.
I uninstalled the game and re-installed it (including the base game and get to work). After that I disabled my WiFi and then ran the game. It worked perfectly! Just remember to disable your WiFi before playing. I only have this problem at my parents' house so I think the problem is with their IP-adress, however if I try to play it with an internet connection at their house I have to reinstall the entire game before I can play it again. 
Hope this helps!

Would you happen to know if Peerblock works in this case?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get Together - Not Working Empty Last ditch effort

Post by Guest Thu 24 Dec 2015, 18:44

Okay. Tried uninstalling/installing then playing with the internet disconnected. Didn't work. Would Admin Carlos like to take a look at my installed programs to see if he can spot anything that could be a problem to RldOrigin.dll?

edit: Merry Christmas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top