Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market. Empty Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 21:53

I've been playing the Sims Castaway Stories, and the game works fine in story mode up until I get to the part where I have to go to the village market, but when I go there the game crashes in the loading screen. I've played the game through twice up to this point, and I have the same problem each time. I'm able to travel anywhere else on the map, just not the village market. Running the game as an administrator doesn't work. When I run it in compatibility mode, the screen is black when the game loads. I can see the mouse and hear the game, but that's it. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market. Empty Re: Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Dec 2015, 22:01

ingeniosa wrote:I've been playing the Sims Castaway Stories, and the game works fine in story mode up until I get to the part where I have to go to the village market, but when I go there the game crashes in the loading screen. I've played the game through twice up to this point, and I have the same problem each time. I'm able to travel anywhere else on the map, just not the village market. Running the game as an administrator doesn't work. When I run it in compatibility mode, the screen is black when the game loads. I can see the mouse and hear the game, but that's it. Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Assuming that is a glitch, I would need to test it myself. But although I haven't started much of the story yet, my character can seemingly travel to the various parts of this "Wanmami Island". And no crashes at any location.

Have you made sure to download and install all available Windows updates ? What about the DEP exclusions ? See this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21900-sims-pet-stories-not-working-crashing-solved

Have you also installed the included DirectX, of the game ? look again at the download folder for something called "DirectX". Navigate inside and (re-) run the dxsetup.exe. Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market. Empty Re: Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 22:53

I tried all that, and it didn't work. I also tried it in Wanmami Island, and I was only able to travel to Buccaneer Cove, Division Six, and the Lost City.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Dec 2015, 23:33

ingeniosa wrote:I tried all that, and it didn't work. I also tried it in Wanmami Island, and I was only able to travel to Buccaneer Cove, Division Six, and the Lost City.

I'm sorry that I can't give a better solution right now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Feel free to bookmark this thread, and I will keep you posted, if I find anything else about this. Interestingly though, I googled your issue and couldn't really find anything substantial. Another person asked the same question on EA's "Answer HQ", but didn't get a reply.

If that issue with the game crashing was a serious and game-breaking bug, then I'm almost sure there would have been more Google results, but maybe I'm wrong. But as of now it looks like the solution could be something small and trivial, and we "just" need to find it...

Sorry again that I can't help more here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 29 Dec 2015, 10:27

Hello,

Just a thought that popped up because we all know Sims games need to have everything just so.. Did you play with one of the premade characters, or did you create your own sim?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims Castaway Stories - Issue Travelling to Village Market. Empty same thing happen to me

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jan 2016, 18:27

I follow all the instruction, and I can't travel to that village as well, I reported this problem in facebook last week and still unable to get any solution.

P.S I create my own sim

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Jan 2016, 21:23

yuki5596 wrote:I follow all the instruction, and I can't travel to that village as well, I reported this problem in facebook last week and still unable to get any solution.

P.S I create my own sim

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply,

Meanwhile, I finished replying to all private messages on the Facebook-page, but I'm not sure if I saw your question there. I will get back to the other "visitor posts" later on or tomorrow.

That said, please note that we cannot solve all possible issues that may come up with those (glitchy) Sims games. Smile  As I hinted above, it seems to be a rather rare glitch that does not happen with everybody. And if it did happen more often, I'm sure there would be more results in Google.

Of course, feel free to bookmark the thread, and whenever we know more, we will reply here, and you should even get an e-mail notification.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jan 2016, 01:21

I've played through to that point twice (once with a pre-made sim and once with my own sim), and I encountered the problem each time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 04 Jan 2016, 10:22

Hello,

Have you tried reinstalling the entire game? You won't have to start over if you make a backup of your saves.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Jan 2016, 20:48

I also forgot to mention this here before: in preparing those downloads, I also looked around but couldn't find anything like a patch/update for the game, which may be able to fix in-game glitches. 

Maybe if you have the game on Origin then it's different, but I can't tell. We can only try and keep you all posted if we find out anything new here.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jan 2016, 07:13

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

Have you tried reinstalling the entire game? You won't have to start over if you make a backup of your saves.
Yes, I even tried reinstalling it and running it without my saved game. Same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 16:45

I have the same problem.

I downloaded and installed the game without any probem. I can launch the game, I can do the tutorials and I can begin to play... but when I try to explore it crashes.

After reading these forums I tried a few tricks and none worked:
- Give administration permissions
- Windows XP compatibility mood (I have Win 10)
- I reinstalled DirectX
- I also followed this tutorial: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21900-sims-pet-stories-not-working-crashing-solved

I don't know what else do...

And not only this.

I have the same problem with the Sims Life Stories. The game works flawless at first but whenever I try to create a sim or whenever I try to go somewhere with taxi the game crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 19:30

Enric wrote:I have the same problem.

I downloaded and installed the game without any probem. I can launch the game, I can do the tutorials and I can begin to play... but when I try to explore it crashes.

After reading these forums I tried a few tricks and none worked:
- Give administration permissions
- Windows XP compatibility mood (I have Win 10)
- I reinstalled DirectX
- I also followed this tutorial: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21900-sims-pet-stories-not-working-crashing-solved

I don't know what else do...

And not only this.

I have the same problem with the Sims Life Stories. The game works flawless at first but whenever I try to create a sim or whenever I try to go somewhere with taxi the game crashes.

As I hinted above, it's probably best to bookmark this thread and enable e-mail notifications in your forum profile (though that should be ON, by default). I yet have to experience these "game crashes" though. Although the OP mentioned she already tried lots of things, my games do not crash at all...

Question 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jan 2016, 06:41

It looks to me that not many people are interested in this game, so perhaps the problem is not very reported because not many people tried it?

I thought that it can be a sort of incompatibility with my operative system (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits) or my graphics card (Nvdia GeForce GT540M). But it's weird because the game at first works flawlessly and the problems are repeated exactly in the same places.

Maybe we can find it out if we know the specs of every person who reports the same problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Jan 2016, 22:56

Enric wrote:It looks to me that not many people are interested in this game, so perhaps the problem is not very reported because not many people tried it?

I thought that it can be a sort of incompatibility with my operative system (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits) or my graphics card (Nvdia GeForce GT540M). But it's weird because the game at first works flawlessly and the problems are repeated exactly in the same places.

Maybe we can find it out if we know the specs of every person who reports the same problems.

The thing with the hardware could indeed be a possibility, but I'm no so sure about the thing with the "interest". As I mentioned, I barely could find anything on Google about the issue. I'm running the game on a desktop computer, Windows 10 with 64-bit. 

Indeed, if you have access to a computer of a friend or relative, feel free to try the game on these other computer systems too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 06:13

Hello everyone, I'm having the same problem. I know there isn't a fix right now but thought I'd throw my 2c in anyway. I DLed the game today and am running it on a Windows 8.1 laptop, used a pre-made Sim, and have tried reinstalling. 

The problem happened for me earlier today while I was in my actual screen's resolution (1360x768), so when I rebooted I left it in the original resolution and voila, I could get into the market. That trick isn't working any more, though, but I might just cycle through all the resolutions and see if I can get a fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Jan 2016, 06:25

georgiacbsmith wrote:Hello everyone, I'm having the same problem. I know there isn't a fix right now but thought I'd throw my 2c in anyway. I DLed the game today and am running it on a Windows 8.1 laptop, used a pre-made Sim, and have tried reinstalling. 

The problem happened for me earlier today while I was in my actual screen's resolution (1360x768), so when I rebooted I left it in the original resolution and voila, I could get into the market. That trick isn't working any more, though, but I might just cycle through all the resolutions and see if I can get a fix.

Hello and welcome to the forum @georgiacbsmith,

I believe you've actually given us a very valuable hint, thanks a lot for sharing that with us. Very Happy  I actually suspected that this could have to do with the game itself being buggy. But according to your insight, it may (also) have to do with the graphics settings in the computer/graphics card.

Has anybody of you tested the game in windowed mode, instead of fullscreen mode ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:44

You were right. Very Happy

I played now in Windowed mode and finally worked.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Jan 2016, 21:04

Enric wrote:You were right. Very Happy

I played now in Windowed mode and finally worked.

Thank you!

Glad to hear that @Enric, and you're very welcome ! It's also noteworthy that for none of these "Sims stories" games, there were any patches released, which could be an indicator that there are no severe in-game glitches with these games. But of course, in the end you never know, about any potential glitches unless you encounter them.

Anyhow, have fun with the game !

Happy B-day!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top