Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install any of the Sims 2 expansions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install any of the Sims 2 expansions! Empty Can't install any of the Sims 2 expansions!

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 22:12

Hello there  how's it going? I'm having a problem installing expansion packs on my laptop. I was successfully able to install the base Sims 2 game but when I tried to install an expansion (University) after the installation process was complete, a popup appeared saying something like "This product will now ensure your existing installation is up to date" so I went ahead and clicked "OK" and then it asked me to insert my Sims 2 DVD..which was inserted since I have the base game and the expansions pack that I want all on one 9GBs DVD, and each time I click on "OK" it keeps prompting me to insert the Sims 2 DVD. Now I should point out at this point that the DVD I have isn't..ugh...*cough* leg...al *cough* but can you please not judge me? because I keep getting judged for having a pirated copy on other forums and websites, but I moved to Lebanon from Syria few months ago running away from the war and I kinda don't have enough money to purchase the original copy WhatDidUJustCallMe? and this game really keeps my mind off of a lot of things and it would be really nice to be able to install the expansions so any help would be greatly appreciated  I tried installing almost all expansion packs that I have and they all resulted in the same issue: Installation reaches 100% -> tells me that it will insure that my game is up to date -> keeps asking me to insert the Sims 2 DVD  I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a solution, found some posts of people having the same issue but none of the fixes worked for me, i've been trying on this for about a week now.. I do realize that I should download the games from this website and then come back if im having issues with the version I downloaded from here...but the problem really is that my internet speed is almost dial-up speed...not kidding WhatDidUJustCallMe? So I can't afford to download anything since it would take weeks literally

My specs are: 
Laptop: MacBook Pro Late 2013 (I'm installing the game on a bootcamp partition though) 
RAM: 16GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-4850HQ 2.30GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Back to top Go down

Can't install any of the Sims 2 expansions! Empty Re: Can't install any of the Sims 2 expansions!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Feb 2016, 22:34

Welcome to the forum @suicidejesus666,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are facing, but we'll see what can be done. I can offer you the base game only here - the one from our Sims 2 complete collection:
http://bit.ly/1NMTzp3

So you don't have to download the complete Sims 2 pack from Games4theworld. For that, you should un-install your current Sims 2 games, and re-boot the computer. Then re-install this base game that I linked to. If you need a serial number, download the .txt file in my attachment on this post - under step 3. you can find the details.

Then try installing your other expansions. I don't how to exactly your DVD works, but feel free to give it a go, if you cannot download the whole Sims 2 pack from Games4theworld. Sorry if I can't help more here.

P.S. please note that in general, we cannot give support on releases from other uploaders than G4TW, simply because we don't always know how other uploaders pack their releases...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't install any of the Sims 2 expansions! Empty Re: Can't install any of the Sims 2 expansions!

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 23:51

thank you for your fast and friendly reply, I would try to download the copy you provided in the link above but the problem is my slow internet speed..it would take ages really..I was hoping for a fix around the issue I'm having, I'll go for the redownload scenario as a last resort since it would take forever to download, but meanwhile isn't there a way to surpass the post-installation update check? is there a mini image or an mdf I can download so my installation would complete? I understand that you can't exactly know what kinda DVD I own therefor you can't accurately point me to a direction I can take, but isn't this a common issue? if so, shouldn't there be a walk around? WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thank you in advance.

EDIT:
I just grabbed the dvd I have and it says " The Sims 2 Complete Suite" on the cover and it has x2 9GB DVDs..I just thought I would mention this in case this was the same version available on this website for download maybe? I don't know..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Feb 2016, 23:57

suicidejesus666 wrote:I understand that you can't exactly know what kinda DVD I own therefor you can't accurately point me to a direction I can take, but isn't this a common issue? if so, shouldn't there be a walk around? WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thank you in advance.

I'm really sorry to hear about all these issues. The download that I posted was made during my preparations for the official G4TW release. What I posted above is a special version of the Sims 2 base game (called the "Double-Deluxe" edition). And with this Double-Deluxe edition, you won't get this specific issue with the University-expansion update. That's why it is indeed recommended to use G4TW's release.

Furthermore, I posted the link above, because it only contains the base game, which is about 3.3 GB in filesize. I suggested it, because in my opinion it is worth a try to just use this specific basegame, along with the expansions from the DVD you already have. It would be a better option than having to download a 15GB torrent (because that's how big the official G4TW Sims 2 pack is).

All these problems with the "updating" during or after the install of Sims 2 games, should be gone with the specific basegame that I linked above. Other than that, I'm afraid I cannot help more here. I'm sorry again...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top