Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded sims 4 but expansion packs not working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded sims 4 but expansion packs not working. Empty Downloaded sims 4 but expansion packs not working.

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 02:26

I downloaded TS4 originally with origin and i tried to install the cracked expansions packs but it didn't work for me. Help please!

Back to top Go down

Downloaded sims 4 but expansion packs not working. Empty Re: Downloaded sims 4 but expansion packs not working.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Mar 2016, 02:33

mendesno wrote:I downloaded TS4 originally with origin and i tried to install the cracked expansions packs but it didn't work for me. Help please!

Hello and welcome to the forum @mendesno !

Have you made sure to close Origin completely before starting the game ? Are you sure you followed the included instructions inside the pirated expansions (if you downloaded from Games4theworld) ?

If not, what exactly is not working for you ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloaded sims 4 but expansion packs not working. Empty Re: Downloaded sims 4 but expansion packs not working.

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 03:16

Yes, I have followed all the directions. At the screen with the play thing it doesn't show those notifications at the bottom.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Mar 2016, 03:18

mendesno wrote:Yes, I have followed all the directions. At the screen with the play thing it doesn't show those notifications at the bottom.

Do you mean the notifications about the DLC...? Have you also played the game already, and looked if the DLC are there ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 03:30

No, the DLC isn't there when I play.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Mar 2016, 03:37

mendesno wrote:No, the DLC isn't there when I play.

Have you made sure to configure your exclusions for Windows Defender and your anti-virus properly ? Also try this: move the installation folder of The Sims 4, from C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games, directly onto the desktop. Then start the game from there. See if the DLC shows up.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 04:04

How do I launch TS4 without origin?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Mar 2016, 04:07

mendesno wrote:How do I launch TS4 without origin?

With the TS4.exe file. It is located under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. You can use that file directly, or make a shortcut to the desktop from it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 04:11

When I tried it says that origin is not running and to open it. Should I go on Origin offline mode?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Mar 2016, 04:22

mendesno wrote:When I tried it says that origin is not running and to open it. Should I go on Origin offline mode?

...no, don't open Origin. The error most likely means you did not configure your anti-virus exclusions (properly). Please read again through these posts here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

After you did that, please re-apply the "Get together" update to your Sims 4 installation folder. Just copy & paste again, and choose "replace files in the destination". Then try the game again.

Again, you need to learn how to configure both Windows Defender and any other anti-virus programs you have. Take your time, and good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 04:24

I also installed the ultimate fix

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Mar 2016, 04:28

mendesno wrote:I also installed the ultimate fix

You don't need the Ultimate fix this time though. If you keep the installation order as follows you should be fine:

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix" (see this here)

But your problem is most likely related to anti-virus issues. You will need to figure that out on your own - we can only give you general guidelines, but the actual "tuning" is up to you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 05:01

It is still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Mar 2016, 05:05

mendesno wrote:It is still not working.

You could try un-installing the games and re-booting the computer. After which you re-install the games, according to the order I mentioned in my previous reply. But other than that, there isn't much I can do to help you, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 05:06

Thank you for the help. I'll try it.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top