Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 University Patch Doesn't Install - Needs Disk to Continue :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 University Patch Doesn't Install - Needs Disk to Continue :( Empty Sims 2 University Patch Doesn't Install - Needs Disk to Continue :(

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2016, 17:26

Hi I'm new here.
I've just downloaded The Sims 2 Complete Collection and installed all expansion packs.

I've also installed all patches. I even downloaded the Family Fun Stuff Patch from here and installed it.

But I've noticed that the University patch was missing, so I downloaded it from the archived TS2 website where also the other patches can be found.

I tried to install the patch but it says it needs CD 1 in order for it to work.
This was also asked when I was installing the expansion packs.

The solution for this was to move the game folder to desktop and install it from there, but this doesn't work with the patch file.

Is there a way to install the University patch?

Thanks!
Kind regards

42Achdepot99

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 University Patch Doesn't Install - Needs Disk to Continue :( Empty Re: Sims 2 University Patch Doesn't Install - Needs Disk to Continue :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Mar 2016, 17:34

42Achdepot99 wrote:Is there a way to install the University patch?

Thanks!
Kind regards

42Achdepot99

Hello and welcome to the forum @42Achdepot99,

When preparing that "Complete Collection" for The Sims 2, I deliberately did not include the patch for "University Life", because up to this day I could not figure out how to use it with this specific pirated compilation of Sims 2 games. Indeed, whenever you try and apply the patch it will prompt you to "insert a disk". 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

The only thing I can offer here is to keep you all posted, in the event we find a solution about this sometime in the future. I do know that there are other pirated compilations of The Sims 2 out there, namely cracked versions of the "Ultimate Collection" on Origin. But I guess re-downloading the whole pack (from another uploader) may be too much of a hassle. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 University Patch Doesn't Install - Needs Disk to Continue :( Empty Re: Sims 2 University Patch Doesn't Install - Needs Disk to Continue :(

Post by Guest Wed 09 Mar 2016, 18:14

The problem I see with UC is that you can't uninstall an unwanted EP or SP.
With this complete collection, I was able to skip the EPs/SPs that I didn't want.

I hope you'll be able to crack the updater, so it won't require the CD just like you did with the other updaters.
By the way, would it also be possible for you to create a 'TS2 Ultimate Fix' just like you did with TS3 and TS4.

Rather than using a .exe updater, would it be possible to copy and paste updated files to the older files?

Kind Regards
42Achdepot99

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Mar 2016, 23:12

42Achdepot99 wrote:The problem I see with UC is that you can't uninstall an unwanted EP or SP.
With this complete collection, I was able to skip the EPs/SPs that I didn't want.

I hope you'll be able to crack the updater, so it won't require the CD just like you did with the other updaters.
By the way, would it also be possible for you to create a 'TS2 Ultimate Fix' just like you did with TS3 and TS4.

Rather than using a .exe updater, would it be possible to copy and paste updated files to the older files?

Kind Regards
42Achdepot99

Hello again,

Indeed, the factor that you can basically choose which EPs/SPs you want to install, was one of the key points in my decision to compile the "Complete Collection" the way it is looking now. 

About copying updated files to the older files, since we do not know yet how this University Life patch works, we cannot get hold of updated files either, but when I get to it, I will attempt to do more testing.

And what would be the "idea" behind an Ultimate fix for The Sims 2 ? Smile  In the Complete Collection, it is assumed that 9 out of 10 people want to have all expansions and stuffpacks installed - hence I only included the NoCD-file for Mansion and Garden Stuff. The way The Sims 2 works is that you always need to add the NoCD-file of the expansion that was released most recently. Maybe I will post a compilation of these NoCD-files, so that people who don't want to install everything can also play.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top