Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 2 Inst

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 2 Inst Empty Sims 2 Inst

Post by Guest Sat 12 Mar 2016, 05:50

Iv'e played enough of the sims 1, 3, and 4, and i realized the only version of 2 iv'e ever played was  Sims 2 castaway for the wii, which, i LOVED.
I've seen tons of plays on youtube of the sims 2, and yeah while it will kinda feel like a huge downgrade, iv'e just GOT to see it.

I wasn't sure if it was uploaded before, so i went to "All Games4theworld downloads"
and saw that "The Sims 2: The Complete Collection" was "hot" lately, so I went with it.

It's working on being downloaded right now, and with this computer and slow internet, it may take HOURS.
But I have not seen very reliable posts, or any pinned posts, on how to properly install this sims 2.

Iv'e never had the sims 3 on this computer, only on the wii and a friend who legit bought it on his own computer.
So Iv'e only had experience with installing 4.

I wanna try 2, so i'm getting this, but for real, when it finished, how do i install it?
@Carlos will probz see this first and then give me a link i missed.

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Inst Empty Re: Sims 2 Inst

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Mar 2016, 07:23

WulfyRoxas wrote:Iv'e played enough of the sims 1, 3, and 4, and i realized the only version of 2 iv'e ever played was  Sims 2 castaway for the wii, which, i LOVED.
I've seen tons of plays on youtube of the sims 2, and yeah while it will kinda feel like a huge downgrade, iv'e just GOT to see it.

I wasn't sure if it was uploaded before, so i went to "All Games4theworld downloads"
and saw that "The Sims 2: The Complete Collection" was "hot" lately, so I went with it.

It's working on being downloaded right now, and with this computer and slow internet, it may take HOURS.
But I have not seen very reliable posts, or any pinned posts, on how to properly install this sims 2.

Iv'e never had the sims 3 on this computer, only on the wii and a friend who legit bought it on his own computer.

I wanna try 2, so i'm getting this, but for real, when it finished, how do i install it?

Hello again,

There is no pinned post because the included instructions should be straightforward (if followed correctly). If you want to get a preview of the instructions, see this post here and download the attachment. 

Another thing you should be paying attention to is this guide here, as the error described there seems to be common, with some of the included game expansions/stuffpacks.

Other than that, good luck with the installation and feel free to keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Mar 2016, 20:52

Carlos wrote:
WulfyRoxas wrote:Iv'e played enough of the sims 1, 3, and 4, and i realized the only version of 2 iv'e ever played was  Sims 2 castaway for the wii, which, i LOVED.

Hello again,

There is no pinned post because the included instructions should be straightforward (if followed correctly). If you want to get a preview of the instructions, see this post here and download the attachment. 

Another thing you should be paying attention to is this guide here, as the error described there seems to be common, with some of the included game expansions/stuffpacks.

Other than that, good luck with the installation and feel free to keep us posted !

Well so far, its going good.
I only had 30 GB left of space, then i downloaded the RAR, then extracted, 20 now, then started installing, down to 10..
so im having to play around with space here, but my question now, each expansion pack i install keeps installing its shortcuts on my desktop
cant i just delete those?

//EDIT

ive installed everything, and at the end you said "only run from sims2ep9"
i did but its only holiday stuff...

are the packs played seperate from the game or something???

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Mar 2016, 22:24

WulfyRoxas wrote:Well so far, its going good.
I only had 30 GB left of space, then i downloaded the RAR, then extracted, 20 now, then started installing, down to 10..
so im having to play around with space here, but my question now, each expansion pack i install keeps installing its shortcuts on my desktop

//EDIT

What do you mean by "it's only Holiday Stuff" ? If you installed everything correctly, you should get a splash screen for "Mansion and Garden Stuff", if you start from the Sims2EP9.exe. Are you getting something else ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Inst Empty {Reply}

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar 2016, 09:07

Carlos wrote:
WulfyRoxas wrote:Well so far, its going good.

//EDIT

What do you mean by "it's only Holiday Stuff" ? If you installed everything correctly, you should get a splash screen for "Mansion and Garden Stuff", if you start from the Sims2EP9.exe. Are you getting something else ?

well at first, with every expansion i installed, each one added another shortcut to the desktop.
but yeah sims2EP9 works fine, the game works great, the annoying part is that my mouse is broke and if i click once, it can click like 5 times in-game.

ive got some.. minor concerns for the game, not worth posting.
except earlier a fire tried to start and it gave me some kind of error box about an invalid "fire" file.

i could reset, delete the file, or keep trying to get past it.
i tried getting past it a bunch of times but in the end, gave up and deleted the file, then the fire never spawned.

so i guess im safe now XD
and this topic can be closed.

thanks, again Very Happy @Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top