Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I play The Sims 4 with "origin completely closed"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I play  The Sims 4 with "origin completely closed"? Empty How do I play The Sims 4 with "origin completely closed"?

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:38

I recently purchased The Sims 4 "base game" from the origin store. I installed it and played it til I felt the urge to download the expansion and stuff packs from here. I started reading the instructions the forum laid out for us. My question is...how do I apply the "torrented"expansion packs to this "original copy" when the instructions say, you should ALWAYS play with Origin completely closed. Origin always asks for me to login whenever i try to start Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

How do I play  The Sims 4 with "origin completely closed"? Empty Re: How do I play The Sims 4 with "origin completely closed"?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Mar 2016, 22:52

almcfly661 wrote:I recently purchased The Sims 4 "base game" from the origin store. I installed it and played it til I felt the urge to download the expansion and stuff packs from here. I started reading the instructions the forum laid out for us. My question is...how do I apply the "torrented"expansion packs to this "original copy" when the instructions say, you should ALWAYS play with Origin completely closed. Origin always asks for me to login whenever i try to start Sims 4.

//MOVED

Hello,

If you copy & paste the files from the pirated DLC over the install directory of your (legit) Sims 4 base game, you should start the game with the TS4.exe file. Which will be located under C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. That should start your game straight off, without the need of Origin ---> hence the DLC is pirated, due to it bypassing Origin.

The downsides to this are that you should disable automatic Origin game updates, according to this here. Also, take a good look at this topic, as it will be very important when running pirated game components in The Sims 4.

As a personal note (even though it's not going to be relevant for you anymore, but maybe it will for other users reading this), you could have pirated the base game as well, and you would be in the same position. Having a legit Sims 4 base game here does not (directly) give you any additional benefit whatsoever, even though many people still believe it.

In theory, you could leave the game files of the Origin base game intact, and 'parallel' to that also have a pirated Sims 4 game. With the legit Sims 4 game, you could access the gallery, and then transfer the Tray-folder into your pirated game. Without going into too many details at this point, check out this thread here for an introduction:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions

But that's about the only "advantage" you can gain from a legit base game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How do I play  The Sims 4 with "origin completely closed"? Empty Re: How do I play The Sims 4 with "origin completely closed"?

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 01:03

Thank You Carlos!!! One more question, where can I find more DLC (stuff packs or Expansions) besides Get Together and Get to Work? For example, outdoor retreat, spa day, or some of those stuff packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Apr 2016, 14:36

almcfly661 wrote:Thank You Carlos!!! One more question, where can I find more DLC (stuff packs or Expansions) besides Get Together and Get to Work? For example, outdoor retreat, spa day, or some of those stuff packs.

"Get to Work" already includes a number of other smaller DLC, that came out approximately at the same time, such as Outdoor Retreat. And "Get together" includes DLC such as Spa Day and Perfect Pation and Cool Kitchen Stuff, etc.

Just make sure to keep the install order of the DLC as follows, and you should be fine. Don't the other topics though that I linked to in my previous reply !

- Get to Work
- Get together
Hotfix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 23:13

Ok...another question...I read a lot in all these instructions "install" get together or "install" get to work. By installing it, am i copying and pasting the files in the rar to the game folder.................or am i supposed to be actually clicking on a setup button but for those two expansions like i did to "install" the base game???

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Apr 2016, 07:13

With the DLC from Games4theworld, you only need to copy and paste them over the install directory of your Sims 4 base game. And of course, also replace all existing files & folders, when prompted.

Other uploaders may handle this differently of course, but we find that simply copying and pasting stuff is much handier. Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top