Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirated expansions as a workaround to avoid Patch 1.69?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pirated expansions as a workaround to avoid Patch 1.69? Empty Pirated expansions as a workaround to avoid Patch 1.69?

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:35

Hi! I already have the base game + a few EPs/SPs installed on Origin, but would like to avoid the automatic update to 1.69 if you install another EP/SP. So I was wondering if installing one of your pirated ones would do the trick, or will it still trigger Origin's update if I play via their client? (Is it even possible to bypass Origin if you have the BG bought and installed from them? The "open TS3W.exe without Origin" thing has never worked for me.)

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Pirated expansions as a workaround to avoid Patch 1.69? Empty Re: Pirated expansions as a workaround to avoid Patch 1.69?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Apr 2016, 11:48

Cestlavanille wrote:Hi! I already have the base game + a few EPs/SPs installed on Origin, but would like to avoid the automatic update to 1.69 if you install another EP/SP. So I was wondering if installing one of your pirated ones would do the trick, or will it still trigger Origin's update if I play via their client? (Is it even possible to bypass Origin if you have the BG bought and installed from them? The "open TS3W.exe without Origin" thing has never worked for me.)

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the forum @Cestlavanille,

I don't know if installing pirated expansions is going to "trigger" any further follow-up effects in Origin, since I don't have any Origin games. Shouldn't there be an option in the TS3 launcher to de-activate these game updates ? Even if your game gets updated to 1.69 eventually, you may still be able to use the 1.67 Ultimate fix, alongside a 1.69 game of TS3, see this announcement here. However, should the Origin base game give you that much headaches, you might as well just keep it simple, and go for a pirated base game as well. Uninstall your Origin base game at first though, and re-boot the computer before you install the pirated base game.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Pirated expansions as a workaround to avoid Patch 1.69? Empty Re: Pirated expansions as a workaround to avoid Patch 1.69?

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 12:21

The update is installed through Origin and not the Launcher, and it's automatically forced on you if you try to install new EPs/SPs WhatDidUJustCallMe? And I'm a bit worried about compatibility with external programs for TS3, primarily CC Magic where 1.69 users have reported issues. 

But yeah, I might just go for getting everything pirated altogether to avoid complications. Thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Apr 2016, 12:43

Cestlavanille wrote:The update is installed through Origin and not the Launcher, and it's automatically forced on you if you try to install new EPs/SPs WhatDidUJustCallMe? And I'm a bit worried about compatibility with external programs for TS3, primarily CC Magic where 1.69 users have reported issues. 

But yeah, I might just go for getting everything pirated altogether to avoid complications. Thanks for the help!

The procedure I described here should normally prevent any Origin game from updating automatically.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-on-origin-a-note-on-automatic-game-updates

Feel free to try it out, if you like. Smile But yes, if these third-party tools seem to have issues, you should indeed go for pirated stuff (including the base game). Also, many mods that worked for 1.67 do not appear to work anymore for 1.69...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top