Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Startup Error 0x0175dcbb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Startup Error  0x0175dcbb Empty Sims 3 Startup Error 0x0175dcbb

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 22:10

I've had my sims 3 game for years without any issues playing it for months however today when I went to play it it gave me a message "sims 3 unable to start game service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb" during start up. My base game is store bought CD copy and I have several cracked expansions with the exception of into the future and world adventures. 

Anyways it's all been up and running fine even a couple days ago the only thing I've recently done is install sims 4 through the links here. Is it possible that part of the setup for the sims 4 has messed with my sims 3 game?

I checked my windows registry as recommended in the other posts with this issue but I haven't recently uninstalled anything and there doesn't seem to be anything at all out of the ordinary. I also deleted my dcbackup and dccache files that I saw was recommended for a similar startup error. 

I'm out of ideas on what else to do Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Startup Error  0x0175dcbb Empty Re: Sims 3 Startup Error 0x0175dcbb

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 Apr 2016, 22:29

artfreak332 wrote:I've had my sims 3 game for years without any issues playing it for months however today when I went to play it it gave me a message "sims 3 unable to start game service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb" during start up. My base game is store bought CD copy and I have several cracked expansions with the exception of into the future and world adventures. 

Anyways it's all been up and running fine even a couple days ago the only thing I've recently done is install sims 4 through the links here. Is it possible that part of the setup for the sims 4 has messed with my sims 3 game?

I checked my windows registry as recommended in the other posts with this issue but I haven't recently uninstalled anything and there doesn't seem to be anything at all out of the ordinary. I also deleted my dcbackup and dccache files that I saw was recommended for a similar startup error. 

I'm out of ideas on what else to do Sad

Hello,

Do you have some of the expansions installed on an external hard-drive maybe ? And no, The Sims 4 is perfectly "compatible" with The Sims 3. Have you tried re-applying the manual patch and the Ultimate fix ?

I'm not sure if it can play role here, but have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

And edit the folder permissions of your Sims 3 install folders, as shown there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 23:06

I tried reapplying the ultimate fix for "ambitions & anything after" but I still keep seeing an error during startup. I also tried the regular "crack#" because one time that solved a start up issue but it didn't seem to work either. (There also didn't seem to be any permission errors like the link you sent me just the normal permission and to replace)

And nope no external drives for any of my expansion packs.

Is it normal to have a file called "discfailure" in the sims 3 file in documents? I'm just trying to see if something might be wrong with my files at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Apr 2016, 00:22

artfreak332 wrote:I tried reapplying the ultimate fix for "ambitions & anything after" but I still keep seeing an error during startup. I also tried the regular "crack#" because one time that solved a start up issue but it didn't seem to work either. (There also didn't seem to be any permission errors like the link you sent me just the normal permission and to replace)

And nope no external drives for any of my expansion packs.

Is it normal to have a file called "discfailure" in the sims 3 file in documents? I'm just trying to see if something might be wrong with my files at this point.

I'm not sure what is going on, on your end, at this point. Feel free to have a look at this guide here though, maybe it can help:
https://goo.gl/Aamf1X
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 00:28

I even deleted all my downloads and still nothing. I guess I'll have to keep looking..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Apr 2016, 00:30

Hello,

Did you, by any chance, uninstall a worldfile recently?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 00:42

I just went through and deleted some cache files including "worldcaches" but other than that nothing else and I only have official EA worlds in my games (in case that information is helpful)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Apr 2016, 01:01

artfreak332 wrote:(There also didn't seem to be any permission errors like the link you sent me just the normal permission and to replace)

Regardless of whether you actually got a permissions error or not, you can (normally) still edit the folder options as described there in that topic, which was what I intended to convey. Smile  But yes, it most likely wasn't going to help anyway.

Do you have an Origin base game of The Sims 3 too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 02:11

So to be honest, I don't remember. I know that I bought an online version but I've never needed to sign in to origin in order to play. I did uninstall it though after getting sims 4 from here. I just re-installed it though and it didn't seem to make any difference the same error came up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Apr 2016, 21:27

artfreak332 wrote:So to be honest, I don't remember. I know that I bought an online version but I've never needed to sign in to origin in order to play. I did uninstall it though after getting sims 4 from here. I just re-installed it though and it didn't seem to make any difference the same error came up.

This is for sure one of the strangest I error I've seen on here, but just to make sure, have a look at this topic here, and make sure to turn off the automatic Origin-game updates.

Then there is this:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

Check this guide to see if you have any program leftovers on your computer. Since you said you un-installed the games, you will want to make sure to start over with a clean slate. After doing this, re-boot the computer, and then start afresh with re-installing The Sims 3 + expansions. 

Hopefully, this time around things will work out better for you. Good luck nonetheless and feel free to keep us posted !  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 00:59

So the only thing I can think of at this point is that I went back to check my registry again following this link: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/The_Sims_3_'Error_During_Startup'_error_fix_Guide.pdf

However when I click on the Sims 3 folder shown in the second type of the fix I have none of the files such as exepath, installdir, country, etc. The only thing I have listed in the Sims 3 file in my registry is "default". Could the lack of other data in there be causing this error? If so is there a way to get it back without having to uninstall all my games and expansion packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 May 2016, 19:49

artfreak332 wrote:So the only thing I can think of at this point is that I went back to check my registry again following this link: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/The_Sims_3_'Error_During_Startup'_error_fix_Guide.pdf

However when I click on the Sims 3 folder shown in the second type of the fix I have none of the files such as exepath, installdir, country, etc. The only thing I have listed in the Sims 3 file in my registry is "default". Could the lack of other data in there be causing this error? If so is there a way to get it back without having to uninstall all my games and expansion packs?

Are you sure you are looking in the right place ?

1) If you have a 32-bit Windows, the registry location is this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims -> (and then the subfolders of each Sims 3 component)

2) If you have a 64-bit Windows, the regiytry location is slightly different:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Sims -> (and then the subfolders of each Sims 3 component)

If you find these Sims 3 registry subfolders missing from the location, then that is strange. That would either speak of you or someone else with access to your computer tampering with (or accidentally deleting) the registry. Another possibility could be, that the issue is caused by those "registry cleaners", that come in various products named "PC cleaners" and so on. Some of these registry cleaners can also accidentally remove important stuff.

See again the guide about the manual un-installation that I linked in my previous reply, if necessary at the end. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 22:48

So this is the full image of what comes up in my Sims 3 folder under wow6432node which as you can see is empty with the exception of Default. Would there be anyway for me to get the files back or would I truly have to uninstall every single expansion pack and base game? I'm hesitant to uninstall my sims 3 base game because it's store bought(online) from a few years ago and I can't find any record of it anymore through origin because it was so many years ago and the whole origin operating system has changed so I would have to buy it again if I uninstall it.

Sims 3 Startup Error  0x0175dcbb Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 May 2016, 22:16

artfreak332 wrote:So this is the full image of what comes up in my Sims 3 folder under wow6432node which as you can see is empty with the exception of Default. Would there be anyway for me to get the files back or would I truly have to uninstall every single expansion pack and base game? I'm hesitant to uninstall my sims 3 base game because it's store bought(online) from a few years ago and I can't find any record of it anymore through origin because it was so many years ago and the whole origin operating system has changed so I would have to buy it again if I uninstall it.

Sims 3 Startup Error  0x0175dcbb Screen10

Problems like these are common: a lot of people have the base game on Origin, but soon after that find out that they can pirate the expansions as well. But instead of starting over, they "add" the pirated games on top of the Origin-based stuff. Which actually worked until a while ago. But as of recently more and more users have reported all kinds of problems with that. My suggestion would be that you uninstall that Origin basegame and re-install a pirated basegame. If the Origin game is in the library of your Origin account, then yes, you can actually re-download it at a later point.

Obviously, all guides here are primarily meant to be used with pirated or the old disc-based Sims 3 games. The reason the registry shows up as empty for you is probably because the basegame is on Origin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top