Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game doesn't work with all my mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game doesn't work with all my mods Empty Game doesn't work with all my mods

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 17:51

Hello! So I have been playing the sims4 for at least an year now, never having any problems I couldn't find any solution for, here in the forum. But now, after I did the ultimate fix my game stopped working. It starts normally but then get stuck on the "sims4" logo. I've tried leaving it to load, but it stayed this way for longer than half an hour than I figured out it was useless. Then I removed all my mods and surprisingly the game worked!  Whenever I have a problem with my mods I remove the mods folder by folder until I find the damaged mod, but this time it doesn't seem to be the case! Over this year I downloaded over 6GB! of mods, over 5000 files. The game used to work just fine when I had over 4GB of mods but after the update the game won't load if I use more than 1GB! 
I tried merging the files, so now I have only 700 files instead of 5000, yet it still doesn't load. I also downloaded some program posted in some sims4 forums that is said to find the damaged file, it did find one broken file which I deleted but it didn't fix the problem! I also tried reinstalling the game at least three times. But nothing fixes my problem, my game only loads when I use very little amount of mods.

Please try and help me! I'm leaving for a vacation in a week and Sims is the only game that I have that works without wifi. 
PS, should I try reinstall the game but without the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Game doesn't work with all my mods Empty Re: Game doesn't work with all my mods

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 19:27

So for almost a year, this is the first time you've applied the ultimate fix ? If that's the case then some of your mods is outdated and not compatible anymore with the current version of the game you have. 

You can download Outdated or conflict mod checker for your the sims game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 21:14

Thanks for replying! But as I said I downloaded a program to check the mods I owned. Also, I stopped playing for awhile and returned a while ago and haven't visited the forum since then! So yes I've only updated the game now, but all files seems to be working! Just not when I use them all at once. I spreatred my mod into small folders that are around 400MB only and they all work if I put only them in the Mod folder. The problem doesn't seem to be with the mods but with the putting ALL the mods together (Over 6GB as I mentioned before...).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 May 2016, 00:45

aylinx wrote:Thanks for replying! But as I said I downloaded a program to check the mods I owned. Also, I stopped playing for awhile and returned a while ago and haven't visited the forum since then! So yes I've only updated the game now, but all files seems to be working! Just not when I use them all at once. I spreatred my mod into small folders that are around 400MB only and they all work if I put only them in the Mod folder. The problem doesn't seem to be with the mods but with the putting ALL the mods together (Over 6GB as I mentioned before...).

Welcome to the forum first of all,

There seems to be a problem with the current Ultimate fix, and until a new update comes out for The Sims 4, please note that the recommended install order of the items is this.

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix" (see this topic)

You can get the Get to Work + Get together expansions from the official downloads page, if you haven't done so yet. By the way, you don't need to uninstall anything. Just re-copy and re-paste the files/folders, starting with Get to Work, then continue with Get together, and finally apply the hotfix.

Then try the game (and your mods) again. Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top