Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED] Empty Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2016, 01:30

Hey everyone,

I originally downloaded The Sims 4 from this site late last year. It worked wonderfully up until now, and I'm not sure why since I didn't make any changes to the files. Anyway, I'm getting the good old "you need to have origin running yadda yadda yadda" error. Here's everything I've done in an attempt to stop it...

• Re-download The Ultimate Fix
  • Delete Origin cache files
  • Check the task manager for anything origin related 
  • Turn off my firewall completely
  • Yes my Sims 4 folder is under (Program Files x86)

No matter what, Origin still pops up when I click the ts4_64.exe file and I get the error message. Is there anything I missed? I'm really puzzled because this problem just popped up out of nowhere. The only thing worth noting I guess is that I turned my computer off and back on. 

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 May 2016, 03:22

kakuris wrote:Hey everyone,

I originally downloaded The Sims 4 from this site late last year. It worked wonderfully up until now, and I'm not sure why since I didn't make any changes to the files. Anyway, I'm getting the good old "you need to have origin running yadda yadda yadda" error. Here's everything I've done in an attempt to stop it...

• Re-download The Ultimate Fix
  • Delete Origin cache files
  • Check the task manager for anything origin related 
  • Turn off my firewall completely
  • Yes my Sims 4 folder is under (Program Files x86)

No matter what, Origin still pops up when I click the ts4_64.exe file and I get the error message. Is there anything I missed? I'm really puzzled because this problem just popped up out of nowhere. The only thing worth noting I guess is that I turned my computer off and back on. 

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

There are many things that you may have missed, but let's see. For a start, there are two different folders: Program files and Program files (x86). The difference between them is that the former is meant to be used for 64-bit applications, and the latter for 32-bit applications.

If you want to try the TS4_x64.exe, move your Sims 4 installation folder under C:\Program files then. After that, please open up your windows defender and add the Program files and Program files (x86) locations to the exclusions. Or (if you have Windows 7/8.1), turn off the defender completely. See part of this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

And once you managed to do that, re-download and re-apply the hotfix from this link - install instructions included.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21865-llama-symbols-in-newcrest-and-related-glitches-a-k-a-get-together-hotfix-please-read

Finally re-download the cracks here. Copy and paste the files inside the .RAR, to the location C:\Program files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin, replacing the existing files when prompted. Now try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2016, 03:48

First of all, thanks for helping !
I got to the last step and was greeted with these lovely error messages :-/

Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED] Error10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2016, 03:52

Oops. Just realized I forgot to edit the file permissions. I'll do that and see what happens.

Last edited by kakuris on Thu 26 May 2016, 03:56; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 May 2016, 03:52

kakuris wrote:First of all, thanks for helping !

Still getting the origin error after trying everything... what else is left? [SOLVED] Error10

Then you'll need to try adding your "Downloads"-folder to the exclusions too, in Windows Defender. And if you have any other third-party security software, make sure to check the settings there too. The extraction of the files goes like any other item that is packed with WinRAR.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2016, 04:01

Carlos wrote:
kakuris wrote:First of all, thanks for helping !

Then you'll need to try adding your "Downloads"-folder to the exclusions too, in Windows Defender. And if you have any other third-party security software, make sure to check the settings there too. The extraction of the files goes like any other item that is packed with WinRAR.

My third-party security software (Norton) is turned off completely, and Downloads is in the exceptions list. Windows Defender and Firewall are turned off as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 May 2016, 07:09

kakuris wrote:
My third-party security software (Norton) is turned off completely, and Downloads is in the exceptions list. Windows Defender and Firewall are turned off as well.

Sometimes just turning off anti-virus software isn't enough, because the software keeps operating in the background. Which is why you should make sure and double-check the exclusion-settings. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2016, 10:17

ACCESS DENIED:
Please check your Bin folder. Most probably it is read-only.
Right-click on the folder, click on properties, remove the read-only check.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2016, 16:30

Tarac wrote:ACCESS DENIED:
Please check your Bin folder. Most probably it is read-only.
Right-click on the folder, click on properties, remove the read-only check.

It was checked read only. I removed it and I'm still getting the "access denied" message, tho :--/
EDIT: It was just a problem with permissions again. This got everything working! Thanks so much for helping.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun, and feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support. Smile

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top