Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes, yet another 'Origin' post...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yes, yet another 'Origin' post... Empty Yes, yet another 'Origin' post...

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 21:49

hi y'all

first let me just say i feel stupid for even posting this, i must have read 5+ posts about this on this site alone but 
i've been at this for over 2 hours and i have installed and re-installed the game 4 times now and im effing tired.
i do not understand what i am missing! so if someone can help me figure this out or i'll just give up and find something else to play cuz this is seriously too much work.

i have downloaded the base game and the expansions, i installed them in the correct order,
i applied the hot fix
i downloaded the ultimate fix 
i even figured out how to put folders on no-scan list for my antivirus (on both modes, cause there are two yes i use avast)
and no i did not move the folder from EA to directly program files x86 cause it wasnt in there in the first place. i dunno why but it wasnt.
i did however tried moving it from program files x86 to just program files and nothing changed... also tried starting up the 32 and 64 version, none work

so i dont know anymore. what am i missing??? anyone? Sad(

Back to top Go down

Yes, yet another 'Origin' post... Empty Re: Yes, yet another 'Origin' post...

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 22:46

If you installed everything "according to the book", you tried 64-bit, so no problem with anti-virus.
Then there is only 1 possibilty left: Origin is active somewhere on your computer.
Check the taskbar near the clock for the ^ sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2016, 00:06

ye well i think i have? i dont know anymore tbh

i never had origin on my computer ever, i installed it cause i didnt know what else to do, but when it didnt help so i uninstalled it
so its not there anymore.. and no there is no sign of it in the task bar also i checked the task manager and its not active
? i srsly dunno WhatDidUJustCallMe?/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jun 2016, 03:50

jinxy wrote:hi y'all

first let me just say i feel stupid for even posting this, i must have read 5+ posts about this on this site alone but 
i've been at this for over 2 hours and i have installed and re-installed the game 4 times now and im effing tired.
i do not understand what i am missing! so if someone can help me figure this out or i'll just give up and find something else to play cuz this is seriously too much work.

i have downloaded the base game and the expansions, i installed them in the correct order,
i applied the hot fix
i downloaded the ultimate fix 
i even figured out how to put folders on no-scan list for my antivirus (on both modes, cause there are two yes i use avast)
and no i did not move the folder from EA to directly program files x86 cause it wasnt in there in the first place. i dunno why but it wasnt.
i did however tried moving it from program files x86 to just program files and nothing changed... also tried starting up the 32 and 64 version, none work

so i dont know anymore. what am i missing??? anyone? Sad(

Hello @jinxy,

You could try re-downloading the No-Origin-files from this link. Extract with WinRAR and place the files in C:\Program files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, replace the existing files.

And are you sure you set the exclusions correctly, and for ALL your security software ? Windows Defender should also be configured.

There are also some other possible solutions beyond that, here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jun 2016, 10:15

I tried downloading the no-origin files, but that does nothing either.
i dont use windows defends, its turned off, i checked.

as far as the alternative solutions go, i tried everything on that site.. none worked.
i dunno, maybe i'll try a clean start later, but i doubt this is gonna work. thnx for ur time anyway!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jun 2016, 10:16

jinxy wrote:I tried downloading the no-origin files, but that does nothing either.
i dont use windows defends, its turned off, i checked.

as far as the alternative solutions go, i tried everything on that site.. none worked.
i dunno, maybe i'll try a clean start later, but i doubt this is gonna work. thnx for ur time anyway!!

Out of curiosity, what "security"-software do you have ? And: if you happen to have Lavasoft's "Web Companion", please uninstall that crap. Smaller programs like these are also known to interfere with the crack of The Sims 4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top