Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] Empty Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 05:03

So I followed all the instructions when downloading the update, I moved the whole Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder and replaced all the files with those in the RARs. However, when I try to open the game, Origin pops up nonetheless and I can't move forward Mad Has anyone encountered this or have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 05:15

Hi there, @polina1105! Very Happy

After moving the The Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts, you should modify the exceptions list of your antivirus to reflect this change. Now you should add the Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 location to this list, as the old one in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 doesn't contain any of the files that need to be protected from the antivirus.

So, please add the new location of the game install folder to the exceptions list and then re-apply the Ultimate Fix to the new location. See if the game starts up fine then.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 05:43

Hey! I have no idea to allow it on my anti-virus, I have windows defender on windows 10, but I keep getting the origin thing too. Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] Untitl11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 05:54

SeoY wrote:Hi there, @polina1105! Very Happy

After moving the The Sims 4 folder out of Electronic Arts, you should modify the exceptions list of your antivirus to reflect this change. Now you should add the Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 location to this list, as the old one in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 doesn't contain any of the files that need to be protected from the antivirus.

So, please add the new location of the game install folder to the exceptions list and then re-apply the Ultimate Fix to the new location. See if the game starts up fine then.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Thanks for replying. I should have clarified, I already did all that. I even re-downloaded all the crack parts and reapplied it to the Sims 4 folder. Unfortunately, Origin is still popping up... any other ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 06:47

I have the exact same problem Sad

edit : i forgot to add that I've already exclude the folder from win10 windows defender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 06:59

polina1105 wrote:Thanks for replying. I should have clarified, I already did all that. I even re-downloaded all the crack parts and reapplied it to the Sims 4 folder. Unfortunately, Origin is still popping up... any other ideas?

I see. Unfortunately, that error is most likely caused by some kind of security software that is messing up with the crack of the game.

Are you sure that the exceptions list of your antivirus was correctly configured? Or maybe there's some other security software that could be causing problems.

Was the game working fine before this latest Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 07:09

The game was working fine with win8, I installed win10 and it worked (it crashed once for no apparent reason but it was still a one-time event). When I installed the new ultimate fix i had this :

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] Untitl10

And everything from the outdoor expension was not there anymore. I decided to try again the ultimate fix, and now I got that :

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] Untitl11

I have no antivirus installed, nor I have Origin installed....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 07:31

make sure when you extract the files from the ultimate fix, the folder you sent it to should be exluded from win defender and any antivirus. So that when you copy it to your game directory there will be no missing files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 07:39

I'm having the same issue, I've followed all instructions properly. Base game and GTW are working just fine, but when I apply these files I get the error. Origin isn't even on my computer at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 11:15

i have the same issues and my windows defender is not on and i have no antivirus protection i extracted all the files as persay. I am getting the origin running prompt which i uninstalled. the game worked fine before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 12:26

I had the exact same problem. Adding my downloads folder (or any destination folder where you download the files in) to the exception list of my antivirus helped for me. I redownloaded everything and unpacked the files in my downloads folder. Then I moved everything to my Sims 4 folder. Origin did not longer start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 13:01

i have no antivirus i took it off i had avg and i did that already to i don't have origin on my computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 13:14

mystichaze wrote:i have no antivirus i took it off i had avg and i did that already to i don't have origin on my computer.

You also don't have Windows Defender?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 13:30

its deactive right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 17:50

Edit for me: got mine working reading all instructions, not sure what I was doing wrong in the beginning but I got it to work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 18:15

well the mistake everyone(including me) made was to highlight all the 5 parts and then extract the files...don't do that. 
i reinstalled my double deluxe version of the game i had and applied the update. 
don't forget to put the sims 4 folder in the exception list of your antivirus (+as the admin said get the sims 4 folder out of the electronics arts folder). 
so now right click on the first part of the fix (just the first one please) and click on extract files>change the location to sims 4 install folder(will be something like C:\Program Files\The Sims 4) and click on ok (and yes to all when asked) and wait for the extraction to finish. enjoy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 22:48

i done the individual thing and the group thing and everything again and again and again i am still gettting the origin thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 22:50

smashbox317 wrote:Edit for me: got mine working reading all instructions, not sure what I was doing wrong in the beginning but I got it to work!
how did u get it to work???? cause i tried many times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 22:53

Hello everyone!

I made sure that windows defender was off and that all my necessary folders were excluded, I desinstalled completely The sims 4, I re-downloaded everything, I reainstalled everything, checking between installations if the game worked. So everything was fine until I applied the ultimate fix, wich make the same pop up appearing :

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] Untitl11

I did exactly as told by the book, except moving the TS4 file directly to "program files ( x86)"... So now what should I do?? Should I tried reapplying "get to work"?

EDIT : MOVING THE GAME OUT OF ELECTRONIC ART DOC WORKED so move it up Smile It worked when I added the "program files ( x86)" in my restricted files in windows defender and move the game file AFTER doing so

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:07

kingwaqas wrote:well the mistake everyone(including me) made was to highlight all the 5 parts and then extract the files...don't do that. 
i reinstalled my double deluxe version of the game i had and applied the update. 
don't forget to put the sims 4 folder in the exception list of your antivirus (+as the admin said get the sims 4 folder out of the electronics arts folder). 
so now right click on the first part of the fix (just the first one please) and click on extract files>change the location to sims 4 install folder(will be something like C:\Program Files\The Sims 4) and click on ok (and yes to all when asked) and wait for the extraction to finish. enjoy Smile
This fixes everything! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:16

i have done that to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:17

i have done this also but i will try to do the one at a time again. i hope it works i moved my folder to desktop even and it still didn't work windows defender is off. no virus protection. origin is off my computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:43

mystichaze wrote:i have done this also but i will try to do the one at a time again. i hope it works i moved my folder to desktop even and it still didn't work windows defender is off. no virus protection. origin is off my computer.

Taking down windows defender is not enough, you really have to add the files to the exclusion list!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:47

ok add file to the exclusion list. i am gonna try in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:55

i am tryin to insert a picture of what the error is but its not letting me post it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top