Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin x 100

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin x 100 Empty Origin x 100

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2016, 05:32

Yes, more origin issues. I just installed everything on a new computer (win 65 bit). I watched to make sure no files were taken out by the AV (McAfee). I installed in the right order as per directions and still got the Origin error, origin has not been installed at all on this computer so it can't be running. I tired the origin fix but still got the same error. 

Help!

What did I do wrong?

Back to top Go down

Origin x 100 Empty Re: Origin x 100

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Jun 2016, 07:51

gittelbug wrote:Yes, more origin issues. I just installed everything on a new computer (win 65 bit). I watched to make sure no files were taken out by the AV (McAfee). I installed in the right order as per directions and still got the Origin error, origin has not been installed at all on this computer so it can't be running. I tired the origin fix but still got the same error. 

Help!

What did I do wrong?

Hello @gittelbug,

Have you also made sure to move the installation folder of "The Sims 4", directly under C:\Program files (x86) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2016, 09:12

If you start the game via the shortcut on your desktop, you will use the 32-bits version of the game which is prone to problems with AV.
Make a new shortcut from:
Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin and then the file TS4_x64.

None of the  X-64 files in this folder are effected by AV so don't worry about AV as long as you play the 64 bits version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 04:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
gittelbug wrote:Yes, more origin issues. I just installed everything on a new computer (win 65 bit). I watched to make sure no files were taken out by the AV (McAfee). I installed in the right order as per directions and still got the Origin error, origin has not been installed at all on this computer so it can't be running. I tired the origin fix but still got the same error. 

Help!

What did I do wrong?

Hello @gittelbug,

Have you also made sure to move the installation folder of "The Sims 4", directly under C:\Program files (x86) ?
Yes. I made sure to do that. I even double checked.
Tarac wrote:If you start the game via the shortcut on your desktop, you will use the 32-bits version of the game which is prone to problems with AV.
Make a new shortcut from:
Program Files(x86) - The Sims 4 - Game - Bin and then the file TS4_x64.

None of the  X-64 files in this folder are effected by AV so don't worry about AV as long as you play the 64 bits version.
I don't even have a desktop short cut so i've started it from that exact file and made sure it was the 64 bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 04:47

So I uninstalled everything I have for the sims and was going to reinstall with all the AV and windows defender off. ETA: I'm an idiot and didn't realize windows defender was already off. I'm going to try and reinstall with McAfee off and hope it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Jun 2016, 18:52

gittelbug wrote:So I uninstalled everything I have for the sims and was going to reinstall with all the AV and windows defender off. ETA: I'm an idiot and didn't realize windows defender was already off. I'm going to try and reinstall with McAfee off and hope it works.

If you have Windows 10 though, bear in mind that Windows Defender will come on by default, if you turn off your third-party anti-virus software.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2016, 23:04

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
gittelbug wrote:So I uninstalled everything I have for the sims and was going to reinstall with all the AV and windows defender off. ETA: I'm an idiot and didn't realize windows defender was already off. I'm going to try and reinstall with McAfee off and hope it works.

If you have Windows 10 though, bear in mind that Windows Defender will come on by default, if you turn off your third-party anti-virus software.
It looks like it was off the whole time as i couldn't get it to do anything when I "flipped" the switch, finally when i pressed something it says it was already off. I'm still trying to figure out windows 10 though so maybe i over looked something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 03:45

Well I got it to work. I screen shot everything I did plus turned everything off. Yay! Thanks guys!

ETA: The game is saying my 64 bit doesn't meet the requirements and i should switch to 36. Should I listen?

Last edited by gittelbug on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 03:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info needed)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:12

gittelbug wrote:ETA: The game is saying my 64 bit doesn't meet the requirements and i should switch to 36. Should I listen?

Sorry for the late-ish reply, but in that case, try moving your game installation folder directly under C:\Program files. The other one, the C:\Program files (x86) is meant for 32-bit applications. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2016, 03:41

Well it started again. I'm sure it's Macfee I restored all the quarantined files but I guess that wasn't enough. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to add files to my "trusted" list. Everything online looks like it's for older or different versions of the program and while i can see that there is a "trusted" list i cannot see how to add anything or omit anything from the scan. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 05:46

Fixed it with the scanner and firewall off but still can't figure out Macafee and marking that stuff as trusted..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:37

gittelbug wrote:Fixed it with the scanner and firewall off but still can't figure out Macafee and marking that stuff as trusted..

At that point, you might want to consider un-installing your anti-virus, if it's giving you these difficulties. Messing around so much with these programs only to find out they don't accept user input is very frustrating (I know what I'm talking about).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top