Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen  Empty Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2016, 19:36

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this website but usually when I run into problems someone has the same problem as me. Well this time is different and I'll tell you why.

First off my Sims 4 game has never crashed, I downloaded it last year and it has been working fine. So when the latest update came out I didn't expect problems. At first a screen would come up saying something about, 'run as admin for the first time', and I did but to no avail. So I uninstalled Sims 4 and did everything all over.

Yes I downloaded the Base game then Get to Work then Get Together then the Ultimate Fix.
I put the Sims 4 folder in my exclusions list for anti-virus software. I even turned it off when I launched the game.

So when I finished downloading everything and it was all up to date I ran the game. It came to the Sims 4 screen and then it crashed with my computer saying,' Sims 4 has stopped working we are trying to find a solution.' Yes one of those stupid screens. It's happened three times now and it never makes it past the Sims 4 screen.

Please help me. I would greatly appreciate it.

p.s
Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in to this website. It's totally awesome. Talk to my rite hand Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen  Empty Re: Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 05:04

Hi there! 
I had the same problem. Unfortunately it was a mod. Do you by any chance have mods installed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 09:51

Yes, with Dine Out some Mods/Hacks are outdated have to be replaced.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2016, 12:51

Go to Mods folder in C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and move Mods folder to Desktop. Then run The Sims 4 if there is no problem go through your Mods folder and check back on creators websites if there is updated version of mod.
Reply back to update us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 07:35

Thanks for all your replies. Smile 
I did the whole move my Mods folder to my desktop and I got the following stupid unable to start message:

'The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.'

So basically back to square one. How fun. Wat. At least I have Sims 3 to play in the meantime. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2016, 13:46

Delete the file GameVersion from your folder Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 and your problem should be solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016, 21:58

Hey guys,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. So I went cold turkey on Sims 4 after my problems but after I while I got bored and ended up re-downloading everything.

I did everything in the correct order, Base game -> Get to work -> Get together.

I ran it once without any Mods/CC and it worked fantastic. I almost couldn't believe it. Then I closed it out and put my mods back in the game. Bad idea, I know. I got the same message I got before.

RdlOrigin: Run as administer for first time.

Then my game crashed at the same point as it did before I deleted my Sims 4 game. So me being the smart cookie I am, I moved my Mods to different location to just see if that was the problem. And low and behold it worked. Loaded within 2 minutes and runs very smoothly. So I guess I have to filter my CC and manage it all.

I was just wondering why this happens? Is there anything I can do to help the game start with CC? Because I can't play without it. Well I can but I'm very stubborn. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2016, 18:26

Did you installed latest Ultimate Fix? 

Your CC has been probably broken when updating The Sims 4. Check back on creator's sites if there is updated version of mods. Also, bookmark their site, if you have a lot of mods, so you can easily update it later. 

Now, how to find CC that causes problem. Take out Mods folder and make 2 new folder (example: CC1, CC2) and paste them there. Now try mods from folder CC1, if you have still problems, split that folder in half again (example CC1-1,CC1-2) and then test CC1-1, do same for CC1-2. And just split folder in half until you find bad CC. But be sure to take out folder you first tested and then put new one. If this is a bit messy for you try watching this video.

Hope it helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2016, 23:12

Hey guys,

So I figured out the problem. I had a ton of CC, like A TON. So sorting through it was sort of not on my agenda. Ultimately I decided to delete all my CC and re-install the Sims 4. Base Game -> Get to Work -> Get Together -> Ultimate Fix and followed everything from this link :

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#

I was surprised at how good it worked. Thank you so much guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 02:03

So I deleted all my olds Mods/CC, haven't downloaded any new Mods just CC.

So I ran my game last night and it worked good, with a generous amount of CC. I went to go run it just now and I don't know what the problem is but when I went to run it this stupid thing came up;

Rld Origin: Run as admin if it the first time running Sims 4.

I ran it as admin.

Nothing, same thing popped up. Using my brain I went into my Sims 4 folder and moved the RldOrigin_x64.dll file to my desktop. And I keep pressing on the Sims 4 button to run it and it isn't coming up. No messages. Nothing.

Did I do something wrong? Or is my game retarded?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 11:54

Hello,
if you don't use Origin uninstall it. Also, see this topic and follow it to completely uninstall Origin. Reboot PC and now try runnning The Sims 4, but put RldOrigin_X86.dll to its original directory. If The Sims 4 still gives error try running 64-bit version of The Sims 4 .exe located at C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Binand run TS4_x64.exe. 

If you don't have any important saves in The Sims 4 and don't mind starting all over delete The Sims 4 Documents folder. Delete folder located at C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. If you want to keep saves, go to previous path and rename folder "The Sims 4" to "The Sims 4_old". Try running game.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 12:21

Don't MOVE items from your Bin-folder to your desktop.
You should make a SHORTCUT of TS4 or TS4_x86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 22:41

I figured I shouldn't move stuff from the folder, I just did it to see what type of reaction I would get and if it would work without the file. But I moved it back shortly after I realized it really didn't make a difference.

I went to work trying to find the Origin folder that was mentioned in the link that I read. The results were that I don't have Origin on my computer. I have screenshots to show you what I found when I searched my whole computer for Origin.

Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen  Hard_d10Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen  Hard_d11

So I just skipped over that step, and deleted my Documents folder and voila it worked. At first when I clicked on it I got this message;

Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen  Captur10

But when I clicked on it again it worked so I guess I need to be more patient. Smile 

Sims 4 crashes at Sims 4 screen  Captur10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Aug 2016, 11:16

I'm glad that problem has been solved.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2016, 09:12

Can i ask 
My Sims war crash when i was create my sim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2016, 10:36

KaitoFormat wrote:Can i ask 
My Sims war crash when i was create my sim

Please open new topic, as we here provide personal support, as source of problem could be different, especially if it is different game.  I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top