Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't edit restaurant's menu. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't edit restaurant's menu. [SOLVED] Empty Can't edit restaurant's menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 08:32

I just downloaded the lastest Ultimate Fix and the game worked fine but then when I try to edit the menu, the screen just froze and it became blue (but I can still see everything, it's like a blue veil), my mouse's still working but that's it.
Anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks in advanced.

Back to top Go down

Can't edit restaurant's menu. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't edit restaurant's menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 08:44

This is a well know issue and is caused by outdated custom content in your game.

Back to top Go down

Can't edit restaurant's menu. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't edit restaurant's menu. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 08:47

izzota wrote:I just downloaded the lastest Ultimate Fix and the game worked fine but then when I try to edit the menu, the screen just froze and it became blue (but I can still see everything, it's like a blue veil), my mouse's still working but that's it.
Thanks in advanced.

Hello @izzota,

It can be a bug in general too. Another user didn't have any custom content at all, and still got the issue. Maybe it could be caused by certain cache files too ? Try going to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the localthumbcache.package file.

Of course, if you do have custom content, make sure to remove them for the time being. Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 08:50

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
izzota wrote:I just downloaded the lastest Ultimate Fix and the game worked fine but then when I try to edit the menu, the screen just froze and it became blue (but I can still see everything, it's like a blue veil), my mouse's still working but that's it.
Thanks in advanced.

Hello @izzota,

It can be a bug in general too. Another user didn't have any custom content at all, and still got the issue. Maybe it could be caused by certain cache files too ? Try going to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the localthumbcache.package file.

Of course, if you do have custom content, make sure to remove them for the time being. Good luck ! Smile
Thanks, I'll try.  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jul 2016, 08:53

izzota wrote:Thanks, I'll try.  Carlos is tha man!!!

Sure, but I can't tell whether this is fixable in all cases. From what I hear there are lots of bugs/glitches with this Dine Out DLC, so...as usual these will need to be fixed in a future patch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2016, 19:22

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
izzota wrote:Thanks, I'll try.  Carlos is tha man!!!

Sure, but I can't tell whether this is fixable in all cases. From what I hear there are lots of bugs/glitches with this Dine Out DLC, so...as usual these will need to be fixed in a future patch.
It worked! I think it's because of the localthumbcache.package. After I deleted that file, and moved all my CCs out, it run perfectly, then i moved the CCs back and it still normal. Thank you so much.  cheers
Oh and btw, feel free to close the topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Aug 2016, 16:42

izzota wrote:It worked! I think it's because of the localthumbcache.package. After I deleted that file, and moved all my CCs out, it run perfectly, then i moved the CCs back and it still normal. Thank you so much.  cheers
Oh and btw, feel free to close the topic.

That's good news ! Very Happy  Feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime you need more help ! And personally, I don't think that corrupted cache files should be easily able to create game-breaking bugs like that. But yes, EA games are often deficient in technical ways...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Prob lem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top