Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2016, 07:45

First topic message reminder :

Good day.
I know this topic has been posted so much, but i couldn't find the right solution, I've tried EVERYTHING from the topic you've posted on how to stop it, but it didn't work, it keeps crashing.And this is getting really boring, like I've been doing the same things because it crashes before i get the chance to save what i've done, so I just stopped playing it for now.
PLEASE, any help?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Dec 2016, 10:03

I know you will hate me saying this but really: Try to think of the expansion(s) you feel you can't do without, and ditch the rest. 
When I was on my ancient machine, I ran the game with just Seasons, Pets and Ambitions. Eventually I added Generations and that was the last it could handle. I didn't use a lot of mods either, just the ones I felt were essential. (it still lagged, but the crashing was acceptable)
If you can't run the game without it crashing all the time, and you can solve it, that will greatly enhance your experience.

Having said that, on my current machine (which is well over recommended system requirements) the game will still crash every so often. That's just the "The Sims" games, unfortunately.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 01:29

I guess it's the (pets expansion), 3 days ago, i was playing and everything was fine, it was opened for like 6-7 hours, and when i put i lot that came with that EP, it crashed. Or when i play with a household with a pet, also, the saves were in the world of that EP, i guess i didn't notice that earlier because i didn't play with it so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jan 2017, 09:40

It's possible that Pets are indeed the problem.
If you install the Pets expansion, the game starts generating stray pets, wild horses, deer and raccoons. These animals are going around the neighbourhood in the background, so to speak. They get stuck in bad routing just as Sims do, and that can get too much to process.
You can turn off animal spawning completely with a mod, this one right here.
Please try that, and see if you notice any improvement Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 13:15

I uninstalled it, I'm really not a big fan of it, so i think i can play without it. But thank you for the suggestion, if i ever re-install it i will do that

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jan 2017, 20:33

I hope your game runs better without it Smile
Please let us know whether you're still experiencing the problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 22:05

It works fine now, thank you for your efforts.
The best pirates team Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jan 2017, 22:08

You're very welcome, and thanks Very Happy
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top