Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 won't start after installing city living. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 won't start after installing city living. [CLOSED] Empty Sims 4 won't start after installing city living. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 15:28

Can someone help me please? I wanted to install city living, so I did everything what was in the instalation guide. but when I'm trying to start the sims 4 I get the error; unable to start: Origin is currently not running. please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4. I put off my virus scanner and went offline on Origin. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. 
Sorry for my bad english by the way. I is confused

Last edited by m31k3 on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 17:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 won't start after installing city living. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 4 won't start after installing city living. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 21:19

I had this problem too, it was working fine before I even tried installing everything again. Go to your Sims 4 folder and move it to your desktop and try running it again.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 won't start after installing city living. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 4 won't start after installing city living. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 21:22

Mr0Blue wrote:I had this problem too, it was working fine before I even tried installing everything again. Go to your Sims 4 folder and move it to your desktop and try running it again.
Thanks, I will try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2016, 21:23

Good luck, hope it works. let me know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 10:53

Mr0Blue wrote:Good luck, hope it works. let me know
It didn't work, I tried to move it to the desktop, still got the same error. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 11:38

You can move your installation-folder (default C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4) but that won't help much.
When you have 64-bits Windows try starting the game as an Administrator via C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64

If you have a 32-bits Windows, place the installation folder under the exceptions of your anti-virus.
Now go back to the original download of City Limits (.rar file). Rightclick the .rar and choose extract here and look for Program Files\The Sims 4 or whatever the path of your installation folder.
Now start your game the first time as an Administrator

How to find your installationfolder ?
Rightclick on the shortcut for the Sims 4 on your desktop
Choose Properties
Look at Start in: xxxxxxxxxx\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
(The xxxxxxx is the path) - so extract in xxxxxxx\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 11:57

Tarac wrote:You can move your installation-folder (default C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4) but that won't help much.
When you have 64-bits Windows try starting the game as an Administrator via C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64

If you have a 32-bits Windows, place the installation folder under the exceptions of your anti-virus.
Now go back to the original download of City Limits (.rar file). Rightclick the .rar and choose extract here and look for Program Files\The Sims 4 or whatever the path of your installation folder.
Now start your game the first time as an Administrator

How to find your installationfolder ?
Rightclick on the shortcut for the Sims 4 on your desktop
Choose Properties
Look at Start in: xxxxxxxxxx\The Sims 4\Game\Bin
(The xxxxxxx is the path) - so extract in xxxxxxx\The Sims 4
still doesn't work WhatDidUJustCallMe?
I tried to start the game as administrator via C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64, but it didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 13:48

have the same problem my game keeps crashing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 16:31

When you unpacked city living, did you then also turned your virusscanner off? Virusscanners will flag files from reloaded and remove it then, resulting that you miss important files. The files RldOrigin.dll and RldOrigin.ini are the ones who got removed and these are the files which are necessary to run the game without problems. So when you unpack city living or any other pack next time, first turn off your virusscanner or windows defender or something like that and also close Origin completely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 16:33

candesco wrote:When you unpacked city living, did you then also turned your virusscanner off? Virusscanners will flag files from reloaded and remove it then, resulting that you miss important files. The files RldOrigin.dll and RldOrigin.ini are the ones who got removed and these are the files which are necessary to run the game without problems. So when you unpack city living or any other pack next time, first turn off your virusscanner or windows defender or something like that and also close Origin completely.
Yes, I turned it off

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:09

m31k3 wrote:Yes, I turned it off

If your anti-virus software is configured correctly (more specifically, the "exclusions", see also this thread here for more details), you can leave the anti-virus software active/ON, even when you move around cracked stuff. In some cases, anti-virus software can indeed by un-cooperative, but that can be fixed easily by restoring any quarantined files. Also keep in mind, by default under Windows 10, if you turn off your main anti-virus, Windows Defender will come on automatically. There are tweaks to make Windows Defender inactive permanently but I won't go into that here. 

So what you FIRST do, is re-apply the No-Origin files here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-25-136-1020

Extract the download with WinRAR and copy/paste all files into C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Replace existing files when prompted. And again, please make sure that all your exclusion-locations in Windows Defender & your anti-virus are set properly.

Next thing, are you getting the issue with only the TS4_x64.exe? Have you tried using the TS4.exe as well?

Another issue to think about, if you have "Lavasoft's Web Companion" installed on your computer, consider uninstalling it, as this program is known to interfere with the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:33

I wouldn't rely on restoring the quarantined files, as you still might miss something or that the file is modified.
Also, i have to say that the instructions of city living doesn't say anything for those who already have an existing installation.
Anyway, have done it myself in the meantime and everything got updated. After downloading the torrent with qbittorrent i moved the rar to the folder where i have stored all the other sims 4 files as well. I have a folder called sims 4 on an other partition and in here i have stored all the downloaded files. Turned both windows defender and the in-built firewall off, just in case, unpacked city living, select everything (ctrl+A), then cut (ctrl+x) and paste (ctrl+v) into the existing sims 4 installation, which is at drive E for me. Confirm to overwrite exisiting files. Turn defender and firewall on and then hit play. It took a little to start, but it starts. I had to reactivate the mods however, cause that was turned off. Unlike previous games ts4 has a little line to turn mods on or off. By default using mods is turned off. So keep that in mind if you just like me have downloaded alot of mods, such as hair, clothes, scripting, fixes and the like. First you need to activate mods again, quit game, then start game again and mods will now work again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:49

candesco wrote:Also, i have to say that the instructions of city living doesn't say anything for those who already have an existing installation.

Sorry to hear about that, but "an existing installation"...of what exactly? From the #Installation guide.txt file that comes along Games4theworld's City Living torrent:

Games4theworld wrote:***TORRENT BY: RELOADED & Games4theworld***
- www.games4theworld.org -

The Sims 4: City Living - Installation Guide

=> NOTE: This is an expansion pack, so in order to be able to play it, you'll need the base game of The Sims 4 
as well as the "Get to Work" and "Get together" releases from Games4theworld first! You can download these 
items, from http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads

(...)

1. Very important: this expansion pack will only work correctly if you also have the first expansion pack "Get to Work",
as well as the second expansion pack "Get together" installed already. Download and install them from 
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads

(...) 

3. AFTER installing the "Get to Work" and "Get together" expansion packs, drag and drop all the folders mentioned below from this .RAR file 
to the folder where you installed your The Sims 4 base game to. If you installed the Games4theworld version of the base game, by 
default your installation folder will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\  (If you did step 2 of this Guide correctly)
A popup will appear, telling you the files and folders already exist. Choose "Copy and replace", to replace the old files
with the updated ones. Copy ALL the folders:

(...)

Emphasis on the relevant passages is in red, but of course, if you have more specific ideas for improvement, feel free to share them. Obviously, the guide is primarily intended for people who downloaded the other G4TW items. So, we assume an existing installation primarily of G4TW-items.

Or did you mean to say we should (have) include(d) a passage for people who downloaded their TS4 from other sources?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 17:38

I am currently having the same issue.  I've done everything candesco suggested and still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 05:08

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
candesco wrote:Also, i have to say that the instructions of city living doesn't say anything for those who already have an existing installation.

Sorry to hear about that, but "an existing installation"...of what exactly? From the #Installation guide.txt file that comes along Games4theworld's City Living torrent:

An existing installation of The Sims 4 with everything up to 1.20 is what i mean. The guide is written to those who installs ts4 for the first time and have to download and also set up everything. That is good offcourse and should remain there. Those who already have the sims 4 up and running before don't need to download everything, make exclusions to their firewall and move stuff to program files and such. You only need to unpack the newest package, city living in this case, move it's contents to the existing installation, overwrite and it's done.

MonicaRenee wrote:I am currently having the same issue.  I've done everything candesco suggested and still not working.

Did you have installed The Sims 4 before? That is my case, so what i have done is to update the existing installation. Forgot to mention that i use 7zip to unpack rars (as well as other archive files) You can find it here: http://www.7-zip.org/   And i run Windows 8.1 and have TS4 installed on E.
When you unpack the package of city living you end up with 13 folders and 1 textfile. The folders are: Data, Delta, EP03, Game, GP03, Soundtrack, SP05, SP06, SP07,SP08, SP09, Support and _Installer. The textfile is called #Installation Guide.txt.
You need to copy ALL folders to your existing installation (the location where your current the sims 4 is installed), overwrite when asked and then it's done. The textfile is not needed to copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 Dec 2016, 05:34

candesco wrote:An existing installation of The Sims 4 with everything up to 1.20 is what i mean.

Ah, that.  Idea  We'll keep that in mind for the future, but from a logical standpoint #3 from the installation guide mentions that already. In my opinion at least. Our installation guides for TS4 are generally aimed at new users, and the "Old dogs" (like you & me) will already know what to do anyhow, without it being mentioned in an install guide.

But maybe we can indeed revamp future guides and seek out further possibilities to improve stuff, of course.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jan 2017, 00:28

candesco wrote:
Did you have installed The Sims 4 before? That is my case, so what i have done is to update the existing installation. Forgot to mention that i use 7zip to unpack rars (as well as other archive files) You can find it here: http://www.7-zip.org/   And i run Windows 8.1 and have TS4 installed on E.
When you unpack the package of city living you end up with 13 folders and 1 textfile. The folders are: Data, Delta, EP03, Game, GP03, Soundtrack, SP05, SP06, SP07,SP08, SP09, Support and _Installer. The textfile is called #Installation Guide.txt.
You need to copy ALL folders to your existing installation (the location where your current the sims 4 is installed), overwrite when asked and then it's done. The textfile is not needed to copy.

Yes, I had it before and I followed those steps.  Not sure what else to do, I removed and attempted to reinstall and same issue twice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jan 2017, 00:36

Sigh...and to think I thought I was thorough. Same issue...as explained in my Day 4 topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:29

To all: can we all agree that everybody except the OP should open a new topic for their own problems? Smile  Let's keep the thread on-topic, please, and thanks.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:41

Hey guys , I'm new there , I discovered the site like a week ago and it worked like a charm . but since I downloaded city living , I can't get the Sims to work . So I readed the whole page , No solution yet ?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2017, 05:49

I have the same problem Sad Pls help!
I followed all the directions and now it asks me to have origin open, i even reinstalled the crack, now i don't know what to do 
HALP PLEASE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2017, 09:13

tevinivan wrote:I have the same problem Sad Pls help!
I followed all the directions and now it asks me to have origin open, i even reinstalled the crack, now i don't know what to do 
HALP PLEASE

In many cases where it asks for Origin, Origin is already open somewhere on your computer. Close all instances of Origin and look at the ^sign on your taskbar.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Jan 2017, 09:52

Again, requesting that everyone opens their own topic and leave this topic just for the original topic starter. This will avoid confusion.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:10

I have the same issue Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Nov 2017, 16:15

juaningbemol wrote:I have the same issue Sad

Hello and welcome to the Forum @juaningbemol,

Sorry to hear that. Sad  We will try assisting you, but for the moment, please open a new topic in the appropriate Forum section (since that is the way we typically handle new requests). Go into any subforum and click on the button "open a new topic".

Since the OP here has not posted back about their final progress, I will close this thread now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top