Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with Sims 4 Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble with Sims 4 Installation Empty Trouble with Sims 4 Installation

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2017, 01:24

Wineskin is a little finicky - sometimes installing sims 4 works, other times it doesn't. The trouble I have afterwards is with installing the EPs. The game doesn't run after I install them - do I copy and replace when I copy the files over? Or do I merge the folders?

//EDIT

Update: I got the origin "data file is written by a newer version of sims 4" after reinstalling, so I just installed Get To Work.. now wine acts as if the base game wasn't installed.

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Sims 4 Installation Empty Re: Trouble with Sims 4 Installation

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 02 Jan 2017, 09:36

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you noted that we do not give official Mac support, since we are all PC-users (the team), but we will help you as best as we can.

Having said that, considering that your base game no longer works, you may have to reinstall the entire game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:17

alex538 wrote:Wineskin is a little finicky - sometimes installing sims 4 works, other times it doesn't. The trouble I have afterwards is with installing the EPs. The game doesn't run after I install them - do I copy and replace when I copy the files over? Or do I merge the folders?

//EDIT

Update: I got the origin "data file is written by a newer version of sims 4" after reinstalling, so I just installed Get To Work.. now wine acts as if the base game wasn't installed.
What happens when you remove the file GameVersion from your datafolder The Sims 4 (not the installation folder) ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2017, 06:05

Edin - Yes, and I appreciate the help Smile. I just reinstalled Sims, and got the same error.

Tarac - I don't have a GameVersion file in the data folder. I'd think that I'd just need to download a fresh copy of the torrent, since the first time it worked fine, but I just extracted the rar to a new folder to try again.

UPDATE!: Followed the directions in the PC forums and moved TS4 from program files/electronic arts to program files, then deleted The Sims 4 folder from users/(my name)/my documents. Base game works, now I'm gonna try installing expansions!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jan 2017, 09:50

Good to hear! Please keep us posted on your progress Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2017, 18:18

I think the problems I'm having are related to misunderstanding the EP install instructions  Oh my....  Since there's no executable, do I copy and paste and replace, or just leave the old files alone?

When I tried the copy and replace method for GTW, the game ran for about 10 seconds (plumbob loading screen), and then froze. I figured it was a problem solved in later EPs, so I installed the rest - and now I'm getting an error that says "The program TS4.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close."

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jan 2017, 19:45

Sounds like something went wrong during the installation. Do you have an antivirus program that may have messed with (some of) the files?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)