Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to DL? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What to DL? [SOLVED] Empty What to DL? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 09:34

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I could not find anything that states one way or another specifically.  I am downloading Sims 4 all over again for a fresh install.  I cannot have regular internet where I live, my internet is actually my phone tethered to my computer.  So I have to be especially picky about how much of what I download, every month.  silent

I HAVE read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

But I have also read that you don't actually need to download each Sims 4 download and that you actually only need to download the CL file (the 6gb one that replaces the ultimate fix) to install the full game.  If this is correct, that would be fantastic for me cause I really don't want to have to download every single one of them again.  If not, I understand and I don't mean to sound like I'm whining or anything.  I just have to make absolutely sure if I am going to download all of them.  Thanks so much in advance.
Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

What to DL? [SOLVED] Empty Re: What to DL? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jan 2017, 09:50

Clovilah wrote:I HAVE read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

But I have also read that you don't actually need to download each Sims 4 download and that you actually only need to download the CL file (the 6gb one that replaces the ultimate fix) to install the full game.  

Hello,

Where exactly did you read you only need the CL file? That is totally wrong. If you needed only the CL file, we would have said so in the "must read" guide. So yes, you need to keep the install order as Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 21:31

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24305-a-note-about-the-ultimate-fix-for-the-sims-4#161677

I can't quote the comment cause it's locked, but it was there I got confused.  Sorry if I am totally misunderstanding this, but it was a little confusing.  I guess I am reading it wrong?  Or maybe it was more hopeful then anything lol  Sorry if I upset anyone or ticked anyone off.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:43

Clovilah wrote:https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24305-a-note-about-the-ultimate-fix-for-the-sims-4#161677

I can't quote the comment cause it's locked, but it was there I got confused.  Sorry if I am totally misunderstanding this, but it was a little confusing.  I guess I am reading it wrong?  Or maybe it was more hopeful then anything lol  Sorry if I upset anyone or ticked anyone off.

OK, that. Smile  No, it's alright.

The way we do it normally is to release an "Ultimate fix" for TS4 every time there is a new update. This fix is usually smaller in filesize than a full-blown expansion, but this time around, there was City Living. People were asking why the City Living torrent included the items from the previous Ultimate fix, They thought this step would "unnecesarily increase the download size", but in fact, from a technical and practical standpoint, it wasn't otherwise doable.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jan 2017, 06:49

Ok, thank you and I am so very sorry for posting back to you so late.  Stuff irl piles up and I have been very sick for two weeks now, going to the hospital in another day and yeah.  I never meant to shrug this off or like I didn't care if/when someone replied.  I got the game working all right even though Origin kept trying to mess it up.  Hopefully there will be a new update soon for the toddlers and whatnot but I can easily wait for that.  Very happy with the game you ladies n gents have helped the community to have.  Thank you so much for helping me out again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Jan 2017, 18:10

Clovilah wrote:Ok, thank you and I am so very sorry for posting back to you so late.  Stuff irl piles up and I have been very sick for two weeks now, going to the hospital in another day and yeah.  I never meant to shrug this off or like I didn't care if/when someone replied.  I got the game working all right even though Origin kept trying to mess it up.  Hopefully there will be a new update soon for the toddlers and whatnot but I can easily wait for that.  Very happy with the game you ladies n gents have helped the community to have.  Thank you so much for helping me out again.

It's alright, it can be indeed slightly misleading or confusing for people new to this. Was there anything else about TS4 you needed help with for now, or can we close the thread and mark it as "solved"? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2017, 05:54

I am so flighty sometimes, I never remember to tell you so you don't always have to ask me.  It's solved, thank you very much again for the help and patience.  <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Jan 2017, 19:43

Clovilah wrote:I am so flighty sometimes, I never remember to tell you so you don't always have to ask me.  It's solved, thank you very much again for the help and patience.  <3

It's OK. Smile  Feel free to open a new topic again in the future, in case you need more help or advice. Until then, have fun! Problem solved, topic closed. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top