Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My game won't start up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game won't start up. Empty Sims 4: My Game Will NOT Start-Up.

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 01:00

Hello all, I have very recently purchased The Sims 4 (Deluxe Edition) on Origin, I don't nearly enjoy it as much as I do Sims 3 but that is besides the point. 

I downloaded "Get to Work" DLC from your Official Download Server earlier this morning & installed it into my game. I read the *MUST--READ* Instructions you have provided to me & the install was rather easy. The only thing I did NOT do because I didn't quite understand why, was I did not move my folder of The Sims 4 from D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\ to D:\Program Files\ (The directory is a bit different because I installed Origin on my D:\ Drive).

Other than that I just installed the single DLC & Disabled Auto-Updates like I was told. The issue is, now my game will not open. I checked the task manager & the .EXE does open, but it closes after about 3-5 seconds. A window never opens though. I have attempted the following:

I have tried launching through Origin,
I've attempted to manually launch from desktop,
I tried a "Run in Administrator" launch
I also went over this page HERE. (This just confused me a bit)

Nothing seemed to work, so now I turn to you guys for help. I really don't know what to do here. 
If someone could please take a moment from their time & help me solve this I'd appreciate it,

//EDIT

I have figured out something about this & I am guessing my theory is sound (Remember I am using the Legal copy bought from Origin). What I have done, well I tried two ways. 

1). I install the expansion pack & replace the files & folders I am prompted to. I result in my game failing to start. 
2). I install the expansion pack without replacing the files & folders I just leave it be with the extra files. The result was my game started to update. 

Now, I did not sit there for 6 hours while my game re-downloaded 11.5GB worth of content just to see if it worked. My guess is we need an updated version of the DLC because I know that Sims 4 got some kind of patch/update this month around the 2nd.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this post, I really appreciate it!

Back to top Go down

My game won't start up. Empty My game won't start up.

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 01:02

My game won't start up. I have purchased the Origin Deluxe Edition of Sims 4. I installed the Get To Work DLC & disabled updates now my game will not start up.

Back to top Go down

My game won't start up. Empty Re: My game won't start up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Mar 2017, 03:10

MisterBossFTW wrote:My game won't start up. I have purchased the Origin Deluxe Edition of Sims 4. I installed the Get To Work DLC & disabled updates now my game will not start up.

Hello again,

The problem is, when you installed the game on Origin, it was already updated to version 1.27. But the "Get to Work" torrent is intended to be compatible only with the cracked TS4 base game provided on G4TW, or the RELOADED-versions. 

You will have to install a cracked basegame of TS4, and apply the Get to Work torrent on this version instead. As for the Origin-game, consider repairing it in Origin (right-click on the game in the Game Library, and choose "repair"), maybe it helps. You can then both the cracked version and the Origin version separately from each other, but if you plan on doing so, keep in mind there will be a conflict of folders under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Some initial help on the issue can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 18 Mar 2017, 08:53

Hello,

I am sorry to inform you that, at this point, it's not possible to install pirated DLC onto a legit base game. 
You can have both at the same time, in case you wanted to use the Gallery, but in order to use pirated DLC, you'll also have to pirate the base.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Mar 2017, 08:57

//MERGED

I merged your posts, because you seem to have "overlooked" (?) your existing thread. Again, very slowly:

When you installed your Origin basegame of The Sims 4, it was immediately updated to version 1.27. The "Get to Work" torrent of Games4theworld needs to be applied though on a "vanilla" basegame, namely on the very first version from late 2014 (I don't know the exact patch number of that).

But yes, you cannot apply those older DLC on a legit game of TS4 anymore.

The portion on the Must-read guide that deals with the issue is also outdated, yes, but I'll edit that out later on. Install a pirated base game, if you want to use cracked DLC. I'm sorry there is no easier solution.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 14:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote://MERGED

I merged your posts, because you seem to have "overlooked" (?) your existing thread. Again, very slowly:

When you installed your Origin basegame of The Sims 4, it was immediately updated to version 1.27. The "Get to Work" torrent of Games4theworld needs to be applied though on a "vanilla" basegame, namely on the very first version from late 2014 (I don't know the exact patch number of that).

But yes, you cannot apply those older DLC on a legit game of TS4 anymore.

The portion on the Must-read guide that deals with the issue is also outdated, yes, but I'll edit that out later on. Install a pirated base game, if you want to use cracked DLC. I'm sorry there is no easier solution.
Thank you The_gh0stm4n, I never knew that you couldn't do this anymore. that actually is quite unfortunate for me. I really don't want to have to download a pirated base game, but I see that I might have too if I want the DLC without cost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top