Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval launcher won't load the game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval launcher won't load the game? Empty The Sims Medieval launcher won't load the game?

Post by Guest Tue 28 Mar 2017, 05:44

So I downloaded The Sims Medieval and The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles. I did everything correctly, I downloaded the patches and fixes so I assumed everything was fine.

I open the launcher and press play, but the game won't load. A message pops up saying, 'Cannot start the process when the Game is running. Please quit the game and try again.' I tried looking for a solution online and on the forum but I can't find an exact solution. Is there any way I can fix this?

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval launcher won't load the game? Empty Re: The Sims Medieval launcher won't load the game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Mar 2017, 14:27

sugardaddybre wrote:So I downloaded The Sims Medieval and The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles. I did everything correctly, I downloaded the patches and fixes so I assumed everything was fine.

I open the launcher and press play, but the game won't load. A message pops up saying, 'Cannot start the process when the Game is running. Please quit the game and try again.' I tried looking for a solution online and on the forum but I can't find an exact solution. Is there any way I can fix this?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @sugardaddybre,

What if you try running the game with the TSM.exe? The file is by default located under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval launcher won't load the game? Empty Re: The Sims Medieval launcher won't load the game?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 03:37

Thank you for replying.

I tried running the game with TSM.exe and I get the same result, I really don't know what's wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Apr 2017, 18:17

sugardaddybre wrote:Thank you for replying.

I tried running the game with TSM.exe and I get the same result, I really don't know what's wrong.

Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar...? Also, did you apply the "Medieval Ultimate fix" correctly? There is a folder in there named #Crack. Copy all files in it and paste them into C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. Replace all existing files when prompted.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Apr 2017, 22:06

Try and restart your computer after applying the cracks/fixes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 08:11

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
sugardaddybre wrote:Thank you for replying.

Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar...? Also, did you apply the "Medieval Ultimate fix" correctly? There is a folder in there named #Crack. Copy all files in it and paste them into C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. Replace all existing files when prompted.
Yes, I used WinRAR for extracting and I applied the fix correctly. I already copied the files from the #crack folder and put them in the game bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Apr 2017, 10:59

1. After the installation of Medieval (base game) have you started the game, updated to version 2.0.113 and then closed the game.

2. Then install Pirates & Nobles.

3. Install the crack (3 files) in the directory of the base game:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin
by overriding the already existing files with the same name ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Apr 2017, 19:21

@sugardaddybre, just to be 100% sure, are you positive that neither your Windows Defender nor your other security software (anti-virus, anti-malware) are interfering with the game install folder?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017, 06:02

I'm sure my Windows Defender isn't interfering with anything, considering I downloaded other Sims 3 expansion packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top