Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED] Empty Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 14:20

Hi,

I hope I'm at the right place. I've downloaded and installed the base game and all expansion packs and have been playing for 2 weeks now. Yesterday I had to update my laptop and after doing that a totally new game opened in English (I'm playing in Dutch). I've tried deleting the English file in my Documents, but still can't play the Dutch version although the file is also there. Any help please...... I don't want to have to start over....

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Apr 2017, 17:29

Bibietje wrote:Hi,

I hope I'm at the right place. I've downloaded and installed the base game and all expansion packs and have been playing for 2 weeks now. Yesterday I had to update my laptop and after doing that a totally new game opened in English (I'm playing in Dutch). I've tried deleting the English file in my Documents, but still can't play the Dutch version although the file is also there. Any help please...... I don't want to have to start over....

Thank you!

Hello @Bibietje and welcome to the Forum,

Did you install all available cracked updates on your TS4 game installation (i.e. up to "City Living")? If so, you also need to edit the language under the RldOrigin.ini file. Note that editing the actual registry will NOT help you, unlike in earlier game versions. As of City Living - or was it with Dine Out back then, I can't remember anymore - you must edit the RldOrigin.ini file. As described in the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23293-how-to-change-the-in-game-display-language-in-the-sims-4-updated-on-22-07-2016

Once you edited the file correctly, save the changes to the file, and THEN you must run the game as Administrator, the first time after changing the language. Just right-click on the desktop shortcut or the .exe file, and choose "run as Administrator". You should only have to do this the first time, after changing the language.

Good luck!  I'm so happy emergaw
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 19:26

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I don't mind if the game is in English or Dutch. The first time I started it was Dutch so I kept playing in Dutch. Last night after updating my laptop and wanted to play a new game opened. So I have an English and Dutch file in my documents, but I can't play the Dutch one, where to find it or how to open it. If I play with the English one I have to start over.... New family everything...

//EDIT

Can't find saved game after laptop update. [SOLVED] Screen10

//EDIT

Here is a screenshot of what I mean. As you can see there are 2 files. The second one is the one I have been playing. The first one I have to start over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 21:09

As @the_Gh0stm4n already pointed out, you must change the language by opening the file RldOrigin.ini which can be found in your install folder\Game\Bin.
You can open it with Notepad (Kladblok).
One of the first lines in that folder looks like
Language=en_US
change that to Language=nl_Nl and make sure there is no semi-colon (punt-komma) in front of that line.
Now save the file again and start your game as an administrator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Apr 2017, 01:12

Thank you sooo much to the both of you. Didn't get it first LOL. It's working now! Thank you!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Apr 2017, 09:39

Bibietje wrote:Didn't get it first LOL. It's working now! Thank you!!

I fully understood what you meant at first, which is why I linked to that other topic about changing the RldOrigin.ini file. Yes, it has to be read, otherwise I would not have linked it. Smile  

But good to hear you got it working either way. Have fun for now and feel free to get back to us again if you need more help or advice! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top