Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED] Empty New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 01:42

So most if not everyone had the "infinite loading screen" problem when G4TW released Vampires and Toddlers, so they gave us a way to temporarily resolve the issue by renaming "Game" to "Game_" and then downloading a folder called "Game" to use INSTEAD.
I'm still using that folder, but now I want to install parenthood.
How do I do that if I'm still using the temp fix?
Will I just be able to copy everything in the file and it still works fine or will I have to rename something or.. download another fix?
The last thing I want to avoid is having to get the entire game all over again so I want to be REALLY careful with how I mess around with these folders. I don't wanna screw anything up.

Back to top Go down

New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED] Empty New glitch with parenthood

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 04:22

So I never got an answer on whether or not I was supposed to install the parenthood pack on TOP of the vampire fix 'game' folder, so I went ahead and did it anyways and made a family using the new stuff, but now when I press play on a lot or build on a lot, i'm taking back to the world select screen. The sound effects and mood sting for entering play mode still play but.. I'm sent to the world select screen over and over.
No mods, so should I delete my vampire fix "Game" folder and my pre-vampire fix "Game_" folder and only put in the game folder that comes with parenthood?

Back to top Go down

New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED] Empty Re: New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 05:04

I moved both folders and I'm having the same problem as you. I can load a previous save and it loads (after what seems like forever) my household but the build/buy items disappear when I purchase them.

Back to top Go down

New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED] Empty Re: New glitch with parenthood [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:17

I got the same problem, hopefully it'll be fixed soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:27

me too hopefully will be fixed soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 08:57

If you copy all the content from the Parenthood.rar file, it will replace your existing temp fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 17:49

WulfyRoxas wrote:So I never got an answer on whether or not I was supposed to install the parenthood pack on TOP of the vampire fix 'game' folder, so I went ahead and did it anyways and made a family using the new stuff, but now when I press play on a lot or build on a lot, i'm taking back to the world select screen. The sound effects and mood sting for entering play mode still play but.. I'm sent to the world select screen over and over.
No mods, so should I delete my vampire fix "Game" folder and my pre-vampire fix "Game_" folder and only put in the game folder that comes with parenthood?

Hi there!

You can just replace the Game folder that came with parenthood and run the game. Make sure any shortcuts place on the desktop leads to the correct path. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 17:55

//Topics merged

Note: Do keep to one thread at a time if it's the same issue/question. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 18:20

I tried fixing the Game folder, tried deleting the Sims 4 folder in documents, but the glitch is still there... I can't play any of my families either, even the old saves.  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 18:40

StormPrincess wrote:I tried fixing the Game folder, tried deleting the Sims 4 folder in documents, but the glitch is still there... I can't play any of my families either, even the old saves.  Why God.

This fix here actually is for missing interactions for parenthood, but you can go ahead and try to see if it works. I personally am able to load my houses fine, so I think if it's really becoming a major bug, G4TW will post a fix for it. 

PS: If you install the Parenthood, there's no need to apply the Vampire endless loading fix over it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 21:59

Ageha wrote:
StormPrincess wrote:I tried fixing the Game folder, tried deleting the Sims 4 folder in documents, but the glitch is still there... I can't play any of my families either, even the old saves.  Why God.

This fix here actually is for missing interactions for parenthood, but you can go ahead and try to see if it works. I personally am able to load my houses fine, so I think if it's really becoming a major bug, G4TW will post a fix for it. 

PS: If you install the Parenthood, there's no need to apply the Vampire endless loading fix over it.
I'll try it. Also it's not that I applied the fix over parenthood, it's that i applied parenthood over the fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 23:34

Ageha wrote:

I was having the same glitch, and installing this fix did correct it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 23:39

WulfyRoxas wrote:
Ageha wrote:

I'll try it. Also it's not that I applied the fix over parenthood, it's that i applied parenthood over the fix.
It WORKED!!! Awesome Very Happy You're amazing, thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 03:17

Ageha wrote:

Well it did work, thanks!
Now I just need to get past the issue of sims standing there for a whole hour not doing the task I chose <~>
lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 15:15

Glad to hear you guys got it working!

For the sims being idle however, the only option i can recommend is to turn off free will. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 23:50

Ageha wrote:Glad to hear you guys got it working!

For the sims being idle however, the only option i can recommend is to turn off free will. 
Haha it's not that they are being idle. I don't mind them being idle when they have no tasks assigned. 
But they can have a bar full of like 10 actions all pending to be done and just standing there. the game bugs out and won't switch sims or change the speed of time and kind just locks up a bit until i start smash spamming all 4 speeds until they do what i told them too. 
I'm not sure if free will would effect that but I actually like free will on so I dunno it could just be a weak laptop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 15:22

WulfyRoxas wrote:Haha it's not that they are being idle. I don't mind them being idle when they have no tasks assigned. 
But they can have a bar full of like 10 actions all pending to be done and just standing there. the game bugs out and won't switch sims or change the speed of time and kind just locks up a bit until i start smash spamming all 4 speeds until they do what i told them too. 
I'm not sure if free will would effect that but I actually like free will on so I dunno it could just be a weak laptop

Lol sometimes sims, like us, hate doing things. Oh i forgot to check if you have any mods installed or anything? If you have, remove them and see. I doubt a 'weak' laptop will make your sims just stand there though. You can try to play the game in windowed mode or run the compatibility settings to see if anything changes. 

I used to like free will alot but recently it's kind of 'buggy'. Especially if it's work related for them.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Cause i need to assign them the task and they do it, but started shooting hoops one sec later, every single time. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 17:40

I've followed all the instructions I've seen from here and on other sites, such as clearing out inventories, removing mods, I've tried 'Save As' and it's not a multiple-save-file issue beccause I deleted my entire Documents folder to restart when I got toddlers, I've tried only staying on Speed 1, I've tried resetting the sim as it's happening, and really anything else I saw last night. So this is my first save and I've played for about 18 sim days and I absolutely DREAD 8 AM every day because it's the only time it ever happens.
I spent an hour or two last night searching it on google and apparentally other people have been having this problem since January or February whenever toddlers first came out, no method has been able to fix it, and no patch has been released because EA filed it as a bug but never got to work on it. They were even able to reproduce the issue.
These are two forums I found where others were having problems.
So I guess this bug just isn't fixable and needs to be patched and I have to spend the rest of my sims days dreading 8 AM. XD
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/td-p/5870882
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/912129/lag-lag-lag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 18:13

Welp. Unfortunately I don't have any kids in my sims for now so I'm really hoping I don't run into it. Some issues definitely comes from the game and not pirated version. 

Well then, enjoy your game (except 8am lol) and happy simming!
I'll be closing this thread for now since main issue has been solved. 
Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top