Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 12:09

So I finally managed to install the Sims 4 Base Game and applied the Ultimate Fix. (both by G4W)

I start the game, play it for a few hours, everything is great, and then decide to save it and exit it completely.

After saving the game, the game freezes and never shuts down. I even waited half an hour to see whether it would but no. It's stuck. Clicking the "Windows" button to prompt the task bar and to force close it doesn't help either.

I searched the internet for a solution and only found that Mac users had the problem and that was back in 2016.

Now I don't know where the problem is. Is it the game? The Ultimate Fix? The few CC that I have installed to see whether they would work? Or my laptop?

Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 12:45

I am always very suspicious about CC.
You can rename your The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts to f.e. The Sims 4_old.
Then start a new game and close it. No problems ?, then it must be your CC.
Still problems ? - You can then remove The Sims 4 from Documents\Electronic Arts and rename The Sims 4_old back to just The Sims 4 again as the culprit is not in your CC.

Has your laptop a better graphics card besides the Intel or AMD chip ?
Rightclick on the shortcut of the Sims 4 and look for something like use graphics card. No such option, then you don't have that facility.

Is your graphics card recognized by the game ?
Open the file Config.log in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
scroll down to the section ==== Graphics decice info =====
Name (Database) - name of your graphics card you should see [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
When either Found or Supported show a 0 (zero), report back with the details of the item Chipset (Vendor, Device)

The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED] Config_orig

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 13:39

Tarac wrote:I am always very suspicious about CC.
You can rename your The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts to f.e. The Sims 4_old.
Then start a new game and close it. No problems ?, then it must be your CC.
Still problems ? - You can then remove The Sims 4 from Documents\Electronic Arts and rename The Sims 4_old back to just The Sims 4 again as the culprit is not in your CC.

Has your laptop a better graphics card besides the Intel or AMD chip ?
Rightclick on the shortcut of the Sims 4 and look for something like use graphics card. No such option, then you don't have that facility.

Is your graphics card recognized by the game ?
Open the file Config.log in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
scroll down to the section ==== Graphics decice info =====
Name (Database) - name of your graphics card you should see [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
When either Found or Supported show a 0 (zero), report back with the details of the item Chipset (Vendor, Device)

The Sims 4 won't shut down! [SOLVED] Config_orig
 Hey, the renaming my folder actually worked. It closed in a few seconds. I also checked the config too to make sure that the graphic card is okay. And it was. Thank you.

Now that I think about it, maybe the problem were my backed-up saves that I copied into the new folder. I had an old version of the Sims 4 from a different source that I wanted to continue playing but I won't mind sacrificing it for the sake of the actual game. Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 13:52

Glad it all works now, happy simming !

EDIT:
Problem solved; Topic closed.
- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top